Printing and paper
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
More specialist index pages
- Keith’s photo blog
- Articles and Reviews
- B&W printing & photography
- Colour Management
- Keith’s photography book reviews
- All about using tilt and shift
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial, hacks and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page.
- Video: Using a colour test imageKeith looks at print evaluation using a known good test image. The test print has parts for testing many different aspects of print quality, and can even show problems with monitor setup as well.(11m 43s)
- Video: What are ICC paper profiles forHow the right ICC printer profiles help you make better and more consistent prints of your photos. Why printer profiles don't make all papers look the same and why your choice of paper has so much bearing on the final look of the print (15 mins)
- Video: Epson ET-8550 ReviewReview: Keith Cooper looks at the Epson ET-8550 EcoTank printer - A3+/13 inch width. Review covers features, capabilities and print quality (46m 34s) Includes links to all of Keith's ET-8550 related videos
- Video: Epson ET-8550 setupKeith Cooper looks Epson ET-8550 A3+ (13 inch width) EcoTank multifunction printer setup and initial installation. Includes filling the ink tanks and networking (25m 43s)
- Video: Why prints come out wrong and what to doKeith looks at the top reasons photo prints don't come out right, along with the steps needed to fix your print problems. Based on years of sorting out print problems for photographers (22m 30s)
- Epson EcoTank ET-8550 printer setupInstallation of the Epson EcoTank ET-8550, A3+ 13" width, 6 ink printer. Initial setup, loading of the inks from bottles and software / driver / networking setup.
- Printer Test ImagesCollection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- Dye inks or pigment inks for photo printingWould a dye based ink printer or one using pigment inks be better for your photo printing. What prints look best on what printer ink type?
- Topaz Sharpen AI V3 reviewReview update for Topaz Sharpen AI V3 Image sharpening and shake removal software updated to improve the correction algorithms. Used by Keith for tilt/shift lenses and occasional camera shake
- Epson XP-15000 printer reviewKeith Cooper's review of the Epson XP-15000 printer for photo printing, The A3+ or 13" width printer uses dye based inks with an extra red and grey ink. The review concentrates on using the printer for high quality photo output rather than it's 'office printer' functionality
- Canon PRO-200 printer reviewDetailed Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer review. Keith tests the PRO-300 pigment ink printer with a range of glossy and fine-art media, including panoramic prints up to 990mm (~39") long
- Black and white printing with the PRO-200Printing black and white on the Canon PRO-200 A3+ dye based ink printer. Addressing the problem of colour tints under different lighting. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your photos.
- Canon PRO-200 setupSetting up the Canon Pixma PRO-200 13" A3+ printer. Unboxing, ink and printhead loading with initial printer software setup. How to get the PRO-200 (PRO-100 replacement) up and running.
- Epson SC-P900 printer reviewDetailed review of the Epson SC-P900 17" (A2) pigment ink printer with sheet feed and optional powered roll paper holder. It has 10 inks and no matte/photo black ink switching
- Roll paper printing tipsUsing roll paper for your printing Some tips if you're new to roll media Site update: Sorry for site slowness - the site has outgrown its hosting. Keith is working on this, but we are photographers not web developers! ...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews...
- Setting up the P900 roll paper unitInstallation and setup for the Epson P900 printer roll paper unit option. The powered rear paper holder allows the use of roll paper at up to 17" width on the P900 A2/17" printer
- Setting up the Epson SC-P900The process for setting up the Epson P900 A2 (17") printer from new, Installing inks and initial software setup. Connecting the printer to your network and computer
- Canon PRO-200 printer announcedCanon Pixma PRO-200 printer is announced. The A3+ 13" printer uses a dye based ink set with 8 inks, with enhanced colour and black density. It replaces the PRO-100 printer
- Printing postcards on the PRO-300Printing postcards on the Canon PRO-300 - Testing pre-printed postcards from Permajet and taking extra care when printing small 6"x4" (100x150mm) postcard media.
- Black and White printing with the P700/P900Black and white printing on the Epson SC-P700 A3+ pigment ink printer. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your monochrome photos
- Setting up the Epson SC-P700The process for setting up the Epson P700 A3+ (13") printer from new, Installing inks and initial software setup. Connecting the printer to your network and computer
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US