What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- HP Launches new Designjet Z series HP has launched a new Designjet Z series of large format printers. The Z6 and Z9+ printers are aimed at photos graphics and technical printing. Printers will be available in June/July
- Yongnuo YN 60mm macro lens announced Yongnuo have announced their new YN 60mm f/2 MF manual focus macro lens for the EF mount, with electronic aperture control. Price is likely under £350
- BenQ SW240 PhotoVue monitor announced BenQ have announced the SW240 PhotoVue 24 inch 16:10 monitor. 99% Adobe98 coverage. 14 bit 3D LUT and hardware calibration with BenQ Palette Master Element software
- Four new Laowa lenses Venus Lens have announced four new lenses under the Laowa brand. They range from a 4mm MFT fisheye to a 100mm 2x Macro APO. A 10-18,, zoom is available in Sony FE mount and a 17mm F4 for Fuji GFX
- LargeSense launches the LS911 LargeSense launches the LS911 8x10 digital camera back. Single shot 9"x11" CMOS sensor gives 12MP with 75 micron pixels. Base ISO is 2100 Includes lossless 4k video at 26fps
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Review: Benro GD3WH geared head Review of the Benro GD3WH geared tripod head. Three axis geared adjustment with up to 6kg of camera gear supported. Arca Swiss style adapter plate for quick release. Head weighs under 2 pounds in weight.
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3000 review Testing the Canon TX-3000 36" width printer. Keith Cooper reviews the Canon TX wide format printer and plotter for photo and graphics printing. Also covers the 24" TX-2000 printer and 44" TX-4000
- Looking for a bigger photo printer Important questions to ask yourself when looking for a bigger photo printer wider than 13 inch width or A3+. Things that it's useful to know if you want a 17" (A2) or larger printer, it's about more than just bigger prints.
- So, can you start a photography business So, can you start a photography business? Will it last? Are you sure you know the difference between photography as a hobby and running a successful and profitable photography business. Some of the things you need to think about.
- Why your prints look wrong Why do your photo prints not look right? Fixing print problems. From prints too dark, and prints not matching your screen, Keith Cooper looks at ten of the most common reasons that your prints might not work
- Interview with Venus Optics An interview with Venus Optics, the Chinese maker of the Laowa brand of lenses. Keith Cooper talks with lens designer Mr. Dayong Li about the company philosophy and the optical products they design and make.
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Fotospeed Matt art papers review Fotospeed Platinum Cotton 305 and Cotton Etching 305 matt art papers review. Cotton acid free fine art paper. Natural white smooth and Etching finish bright white
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter review update Luminar 2018 Jupiter update. Skylum updates Luminar photo editing software. Adds much faster processing, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. Looking at how things have improved in this new version.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter update Skylum announces Luminar 2018 Jupiter (V1.2) software update. Featuring speed increases, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. New features for Mac and Windows versions.
- EOS M50 Information, reviews, news and updates for the Canon EOS M50 24MP mirrorless camera with EF-M lens mount. 4k (24P) video
- Architectural photography lens choices Looking at lens choices for architectural photography. How Keith Cooper uses a nearby award nominated building to explore options when testing lenses - not on the time of clients
- Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D wide angle lens announced for APS-C mirrorless cameras by Venus Optics in Sony E, Fuji and EF-M mount options. 49mm filter thread
- Benro GD3WH Geared Head Benro has announced their GD3WH Geared Head at the Photography Show in the UK. With a weight of 870g it takes up to 6KG, giving geared three axis movement
- Tokina Opera 50mm f1.4 lens Tokina have announced the 50mm f1.4 FF lens for full frame cameras. It's in the 'Opera' premium lens line
- New Sigma lens firmware for Canon fit lenses SIGMA Corporation has announced the release of its lens firmware version 2.00 for its SIGMA GLOBAL VISION (SGV) interchangeable lenses compatible with Canon digital cameras featuring Lens Aberration Correction.
- New Sigma Art lenses Sigma announce a number of new lenses in their 'Art' category. A 105mm f1.4 with lens tripod collar. a 70mm f2.8 Macro and Sony E mount versions of many previous Art lenses
- Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash auto bounce flash unit (GN47) automates bounce flash with motorised flash head options
- Canon announce EOS 2000D and 4000D Canon announce the 24MP EOS 2000D (T7) and the 18MP 4000D DSLR cameras. 2000D is the follow up to the 1300D (T6) whilst 4000D is a new entry level DSLR
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Sigma announces the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM ultra wide angle zoom lens in its Art category. Available in Sigma, Canon EF and Nikon mounts
- Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD announced A new Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD (Model A034) zoom lens has been announced. For FF Canon and Nikon mounts. Image stabilisation to 5 stops
Enjoyed this article?
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks