What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- X-Rite Adobe CC offer X-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- Meike 6-11mm zoom fisheye announced Meike have announced a 6-11mm F3.5 zoom fisheye lens. In EF and F mounts for Canon and Nikon full frame cameras, giving a 180º field of view.
- Three new Hasselblad XCD lenses Three new XCD lenses and 1.7x converter launched for the Hasselblad X1D-50c camera. XCD 80mm F1.9, the XCD 65mm F2.8 and XCD 135mm F2.8
- Novoflex lens adapters for EOS R and Nikon Z Novoflex announce a range of new lens adapters for manual lenses with Canon EOS R and Nikon Z mirrorless cameras.
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro lens Irix have announced a 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens, designed for full frame cameras with the Nikon F, Canon EF, and Pentax K mount.
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Review: Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light Review of the Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light with 60 daylight LEDs from Fotospeed. Battery operated LED lighting giving up to 2300 lux at 30cm working distance
- BenQ SW240 monitor hood SH240 Fitting the SH240 Monitor hood for the 24" BenQ SW240 wide gamut hardware calibrated monitor. Fits the monitor in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography by David Taylor. Equipment, lighting and technique for photographing small things
- Topaz AI Gigapixel V2 Topaz AI Gigapixel software is updated to V2. Improves GPU performance for image resizing and enlargement. 30 day trial available
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Yes, I welcome EOS R Why the Canon EOS R system will change my photography, but not just yet. How the RF lens mount and new lenses are what may make me change. How do you decide when to jump?
- Peli 1535 Air Case review Review of the Peli 1535 Air Case. A tough air carry on sized hard case for camera equipment. Tested with the TrekPak reconfigurable interior divider system
- Book Review: Mastering Exposure Book Review: Mastering Exposure by David Taylor. Looking at the basic principles of photographic exposure, shutter, aperture and ISO. A great starting point for moving away from camera auto modes.
- Canon camera mounts and change Canon camera mounts and change. Canon FD, EF, EF-S, EF-M and RF. How does it affect your photography and does it really matter. What does the RF mount mean for APS-C cameras - does anyone really keep their old 18-55 lenses?
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- New Laowa lenses at photokina Venus optics announce some new Laowa lenses at photokina - 8 new lenses on show. Mounts from MFT to Fuji GFX and cine options
- Canon EOS R Canon EOS R mirrorless camera system
- Topaz AI Gigapixel – updated V1.1 Topaz AI Gigapixel - Image resizing software - updated to V1.1 now includes CPU and GPU processing options and more control of images noise and blur handling
- EF 400mm F2.8L IS III and EF 600mm F4L IS III Canon announces EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III & EF 600mm f/4L IS III lenses. New lighter and higher performance telephoto lenses
- Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens announced Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is announced for EF-M cameras. Lightweight and compact 'standard' lens for the EF-M system
- Phase One iXM-RS150F Phase One announces the iXM-RS150F 150MP Aerial camera system. Single sensor and 4 band systems (RGB and NIR) Includes RS calibrated lenses
- Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 zoom announced Tamron have announced the SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041) zoom lens. The stabilised wide zoom is available in Nikon F and Canon EF mounts
- 150MP Phase One XF IQ4 100MP and 150MP Phase One XF IQ4 - new medium format digital backs from Phase One, includes 'Capture One image' based image processing.
- Nikon full frame mirrorless Z camera system Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras Z6 and Z7 and lenses. Z system announcements and info. Press releases and latest information about Nikon's new camera system
- Hasselblad XV lens adapter for X1D-50c Hasselblad announce the XV lens adapter for X1D-50c compact medium format camera - supports the full line of C, CB, CF, CFI, CFE, F and FE lenses with X1D-50C electronic shutter
- Topaz AI Gigapixel upsizing Topaz have announced some smart new software for upscaling images called A.I. Gigapixel. It uses the power of your graphics card and neural network based techniques to achieve impressive resizing results. Keith written has a full review of it too.
- How poor is your colour management A recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks