...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: Getting a larger printer A3+ and A2 sizesKeith looks at some of the questions people ask when looking to get a larger (13"/17") printer for their photo prints. How often should you print and should you leave the power switched on? The use of ink for maintenance and cleaning is mentioned, along with why it is rarely 'wasted' ink. (9m 30s)
- Video: How often to use your printerKeith looks at how often you need to use your inkjet photo printer and why all printers use up some ink for maintenance. When to leave your printer powered on and regular checks (7m 20s)
- Video: Are your print sales a businessKeith looks at how selling a few prints is only the start and very different from making a profitable business. Who buys prints and does your work match what they want. Where are your markets (pt.2 of a series of short videos - 11m 40s)
- Video: Do you really need a new printer?Keith looks at when getting a new printer is worthwhile and when it might not be. Is that new photo printer you're looking at enough of a change , or do you just need to take better photos? (11m 20s)
- Video: Black and White from colourKeith looks the basics of turning a colour image into black and white. Why simple 'convert to BW' conversions are often only a starting point, and how simple adjustments can change the whole feel of the image (8m 30s)
- Video: So, you want to sell your prints?Keith is often asked where to sell photo prints. Is this really the key question you should be asking? Do you know will buy them and what they want? First of a series of videos looking at what to do with your prints (6m 30s)
- Rogeti CAP-MLS linear stageRogeti CAP-MLS Micro-positioning Linear Stage 180mm with 132mm movement. Arca type dovetail mount matches RG-1 geared head and other Rogeti accessories
- Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED reviewReview of the Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED tilt/shift lens. Nikon F mount full frame perspective correction lens for FX DSLRs / mirrorless. Tested on the Nikon Z7 mirrorless camera
- Epson EcoTank ET-8550 printer setupInstallation of the Epson EcoTank ET-8550, A3+ 13" width, 6 ink printer. Initial setup, loading of the inks from bottles and software / driver / networking setup.
- XTAR SN4 USB camera battery chargerXTAR SN4 USB camera battery charger comes with 45W USB-C PD type main power supply and assorted battery adapters for charging up to 4 batteries at a time
- Book Review: Mastering Lighting and Flash PhotographyBook Review: Mastering Lighting and Flash Photography by Richard Bradbury. Equipment, lighting and technique for photographic lighting
- Printer Test ImagesCollection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- K&F ND2-32 variable ND filter reviewReview of the K&F ND2-ND32 variable neutral density (ND) filter. 1 to 5 stops of additional exposure. 82mm version tested on a TS-E24mm shift lens. Examples show why you might use such a filter
- Review Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lampReview of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp. CCT mode 2500K-9000K, RGB colour, internally powered (USB-C charging), remote control phone app via bluetooth. ~130g weight
- Dye inks or pigment inks for photo printingWould a dye based ink printer or one using pigment inks be better for your photo printing. What prints look best on what printer ink type?
- Topaz Sharpen AI V3 reviewReview update for Topaz Sharpen AI V3 Image sharpening and shake removal software updated to improve the correction algorithms. Used by Keith for tilt/shift lenses and occasional camera shake
- BenQ SW321C monitor reviewKeith reviews the BenQ 32 inch SW321C monitor. The 4k UHD display is aimed at the photographic market, giving 99% Adobe98 and 95% DCI-P3. It has a wide range of inputs and features hardware calibration.
- Epson XP-15000 printer reviewKeith Cooper's review of the Epson XP-15000 printer for photo printing, The A3+ or 13" width printer uses dye based inks with an extra red and grey ink. The review concentrates on using the printer for high quality photo output rather than it's 'office printer' functionality
- Rogeti CAP GZA-1 geared pan headRogeti CAP GZA-1 Pan head with geared Arca Swiss style locking clamp. Full 360 degree geared rotation. Matches the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and accessories.
- Rogeti 360 Panoramic head reviewKeith Cooper looks a the Rogeti 360 panoramic head. The solidly built head is lightweight (~760g) and enables multi-row panoramic shots to be taken with ease
- Canon PRO-200 printer reviewDetailed Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer review. Keith tests the PRO-300 pigment ink printer with a range of glossy and fine-art media, including panoramic prints up to 990mm (~39") long
- Black and white printing with the PRO-200Printing black and white on the Canon PRO-200 A3+ dye based ink printer. Addressing the problem of colour tints under different lighting. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your photos.
- Canon PRO-200 setupSetting up the Canon Pixma PRO-200 13" A3+ printer. Unboxing, ink and printhead loading with initial printer software setup. How to get the PRO-200 (PRO-100 replacement) up and running.
- Review: Laowa 15mm f4.5 Zero-D Shift lensKeith Cooper reviews the Laowa 15mm f4.5 Zero-D Shift lens. Fully manual lens with ±11mm of shift in any direction. The lens is available in Nikon/Canon/Sony mounts. The Canon mount option is tested here.
- Epson SC-P900 printer reviewDetailed review of the Epson SC-P900 17" (A2) pigment ink printer with sheet feed and optional powered roll paper holder. It has 10 inks and no matte/photo black ink switching
- XTAR VN2 USB camera battery chargerXTAR VN2 USB camera battery charger comes with several optional battery mounts allowing for charging 2 batteries at a time
- Roll paper printing tipsUsing roll paper for your printing Some tips if you're new to roll media Site update: Thanks for all your support and help - Keith & Karen ...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel ...Keith's book about how...
- Setting up the P900 roll paper unitInstallation and setup for the Epson P900 printer roll paper unit option. The powered rear paper holder allows the use of roll paper at up to 17" width on the P900 A2/17" printer
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US