What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Photography book reviews
- Keith’s ‘gear list’ for his work
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Laowa 65mm F2.8 2x Macro APO Venus Optics have announced the Laowa 65mm F2.8 2x Macro APO lens for APS-C mirrorless Fuji X, Canon M and Sony E-mount cameras. Equivalent to a 100mm full frame field of view
- Samyang 10mm F3.5 ultra-wide lens Samyang 10mm F3.5 ultra-wide lens Manual focus lens for EF and F mount Samyang have announced a 10mm F3.5 manual focus ultra-wide lens with a 130 degree field of view. The rectilinear lens is initially available in the Canon EF and Nikon F mount. Lens...
- Nikon D780 announced Nikon announce the D780, the successor to the D750 DSLR. 24.5MP DSLR matches Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera
- BenQ SW321C monitor BenQ have annunced the 32 inch SW321C monitor. The 4k UHD display is aimed at the photographic market, giving 99% Adobe98 and 95% DCI-P3
- ZY Optics Mitakon Creator 85mm F2.8 1-5X lens ZY Optics have announced the Mitakon Creator 85mm F2.8 1-5X 'Super Macro' lens for Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony A, Pentax K, Sony E, M43, Fuji X and EOS-M mounts. Specialist macro-only lens
- Using old lenses on a modern DSLR/mirrorless camera Lens adapters allow you to use old lenses on a modern DSLR or mirrorless camera. Many old lenses work very well if you can live without autofocus. Performance varies, but it's possible to learn lot of use for the rest of your photography
- Fotodiox tilt-shift lens adapter Review of the Fotodiox TLT ROKR tilt-shift lens adapter for mounting medium format lenses on mirrorless cameras. M645 to Canon RF tested. Available also for M645 to Nikon Z along with many other lens/body combination.
- Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head review Review of the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and its camera mounting accessories. The head weighs 670g and supports up to 10kg of camera gear. compact and small design.
- K&F camera rucksack and travel bag The K&F camera rucksack and travel bag - what fits inside this twin compartment lightweight waterproof camera bag.
- Laowa RF 15mm F2 Zero-D Review of the Laowa RF 15mm f/2 Zero-D lens by Venus Optics. Tested on the Canon EOS RP. Wide angle manual focus lens for RF mount (also Nikon Z and Sony FE mounts)
- Rechargeable LED worklight for product photography A basic battery powered 15W LED worklight is tested for product photography. With over 3 hrs use on a charge, is the light quality good enough? The device doubles as a 6000mAh 22.2Wh USB powerbank
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Landscape Photography Book Review: 52 Assignments, Landscape Photography. A collection of 52 project ideas relating to Landscape photography. Lots of suggestions to help expand your photography and experiment.
- Rogeti TSE Frame V3+ Rogeti have made their TSE Frame lighter and easier to level. The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- L-Bracket for Canon 5DIV, 5Ds R and 5DIII The Rogeti QRL Series L-Bracket fits the Canon 5D mk4 5DS, 5DS R, and 5D mk3. Arca style fit with three built in levelling vials. Also available for Sony
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- Irix Edge light pollution filters Irix have announced their new Edge light pollution filters. These cut light at the specific yellow colour associated with low pressure sodium lighting, which is widely used in street lighting.
- Nikon 14-30 F4 S announced A new Z mount Nikon 14-30 F4 S ultra-wide zoom is announced at CES. The full frame mirrorless lens takes filters (82mm) and weighs 485g. Nikon also announce a 'Z6 filmmaker's kit'
- ProGrade dual SD card reader ProGrade high speed dual SD card reader is announced. Interface is high speed USB 3.1 (USB3 compatible). Reader is UHS I/II card compatible. Use two cards at once and make use of high speed transfers
- Canon SDK updated Canon Europe announces a new SDK and API Package for Developers. Software Development Kit (SDK) adds SX70 HS to supported cameras. incl. camera control API
- Kipon MF lens adapters Kipon have added Nikon Z and Canon RF mounts to their medium format lens adapter range. Use popular MF lenses with focal reducers for full frame cameras
- Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm f1.4 for GFX ZY Optics announce their Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm f/1.4 lens for Fuji GFX medium format cameras (G mount).
- Samyang XP 35mm f/1.2 announced Samyang XP 35mm f/1.2 lens announced for Canon EF mount. Fast wide aperture manual focus lens designed for 8k video and sensors in excess of 50MP. Fourth in the XP series.
- DxO Nik Collection updated DxO Nik Collection has been updated to V1.1 to greatly improve compatibility with current image editing software packages such as Lightroom/Photoshop/Elements and Affinity Photo
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)