What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 Plus X-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets. The device is optimised for measuring a wide variety of materials
- Hasselblad X1D II 50C announced Hasselblad have announced the X1D II 50C medium format camera, a faster and more richly featured successor to the X1D-50C camera. It includes a larger rear screen, a higher resolution EVF, faster startup and reduced lag
- New X-Rite ColorChecker card sizes X-Rite have announced a range of new sizes for their industry standard ColorChecker cards. Sizes launched range from Nano to Mega (24x40mm to 100x152cm)
- Datacolor Spyder X bundles Datacolor announced the launch of two new product bundles for photographers to manage their colour workflow: SpyderX Capture Pro and SpyderX Studio. Both include the recently launched SpyderX colour calibrator for monitors
- ColorChecker Passport software update The free X-Rite Colourchecker Passport software from X-Rite has been updated to V2 It supports camera DNG profiling, adding support for the the Colorchecker SG card and ICC profiling as well
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Review – Topaz Adjust AI Topaz Adjust AI review - Image adjustment app and plugin offering updates to Topaz Adjust, Topaz Detail and Topaz Clarity
- X-Rite ColorChecker Nano card A very small Colorchecker card from X-Rite. It is sized at 25mm x 40mm for use in close-up and macro photography. Can be used to create colour profiles for cameras and all other applications of full size cards
- SpyderX Studio review Review of the Spyder X Studio kit from Datacolor. Includes the Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator, SpyderCube white balance and exposure tool and SpyderPrint printer profiling kit for creating ICC printer profiles
- Kuuvik Capture V4.3 review update Review update Kuuvik Capture camera tethering software is updated to V4.3 Looking at software features, new camera support and working modes
- ESDDI LED lighting Portable Photo Studio Box ESDDI Portable Photo Studio Box (20" x 20" - 50 x 50cm) with dimmable mains powered LED lighting (120 lights). Includes 4 colours of backdrop. Tabletop product photo box
- Detailed Panasonic S1R camera review Panasonic Lumix S1R usage review. Using the 47MP full frame mirrorless camera with special emphasis on the 187MP multi-shot high resolution mode and support of third party specialist lenses.
- DxO Nik Collection 2- review info. Nik Collection 2 image editing plugins - Updated Nik plugin collection from DxO with improved compatibility for modern apps. Links to Keith's detailed reviews and discussion of new functionality
- ESDDI LED ring light ESDDI 3200K - 5600K dimmable LED ring light. 14 inch diameter 40W mains powered with 2m adjustable support stand. 360 LEDs giving ~4000 lumens output.
- Reverse grad filter 100x150mm Using the K&F Concept Reverse graduated neutral density GND8 3 stop filter 100x150mm. Rectangular filter with graduated filter density
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Phase One iXM-RS150F Phase One announces the iXM-RS150F 150MP Aerial camera system. Single sensor and 4 band systems (RGB and NIR) Includes RS calibrated lenses
- Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 zoom announced Tamron have announced the SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041) zoom lens. The stabilised wide zoom is available in Nikon F and Canon EF mounts
- 150MP Phase One XF IQ4 100MP and 150MP Phase One XF IQ4 - new medium format digital backs from Phase One, includes 'Capture One image' based image processing.
- Nikon full frame mirrorless Z camera system Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras Z6 and Z7 and lenses. Z system announcements and info. Press releases and latest information about Nikon's new camera system
- Hasselblad XV lens adapter for X1D-50c Hasselblad announce the XV lens adapter for X1D-50c compact medium format camera - supports the full line of C, CB, CF, CFI, CFE, F and FE lenses with X1D-50C electronic shutter
- Topaz AI Gigapixel upsizing Topaz have announced some smart new software for upscaling images called A.I. Gigapixel. It uses the power of your graphics card and neural network based techniques to achieve impressive resizing results. Keith written has a full review of it too.
- How poor is your colour management A recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
- EOS M50 Information, reviews, news and firmware updates for the Canon EOS M50 24MP mirrorless camera with EF-M lens mount. 4k (24P) video
- New Tamron 17-35 zoom lens for full frame Tamron introduce the 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD (Model A037) lightweight and compact full-frame lens for Canon and Nikon cameras
- Laowa 24mm f/14 Relay 2x macro lens Initial specifications and information for the Laowa 24mm f/14 Relay 2x macro lens have been announced. A lens we first tried out at 'The Photo Show' in 2017
- Rogeti TSE Frame update Rogeti have announced a minor TSE Frame update - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Sigma Art lens firmware for Canon Sigma has released a number of Art lens firmware updates for Canon cameras | SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM | SIGMA 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM | SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks