What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- X-Rite Adobe CC offer X-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- Meike 6-11mm zoom fisheye announced Meike have announced a 6-11mm F3.5 zoom fisheye lens. In EF and F mounts for Canon and Nikon full frame cameras, giving a 180º field of view.
- Three new Hasselblad XCD lenses Three new XCD lenses and 1.7x converter launched for the Hasselblad X1D-50c camera. XCD 80mm F1.9, the XCD 65mm F2.8 and XCD 135mm F2.8
- Novoflex lens adapters for EOS R and Nikon Z Novoflex announce a range of new lens adapters for manual lenses with Canon EOS R and Nikon Z mirrorless cameras.
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro lens Irix have announced a 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens, designed for full frame cameras with the Nikon F, Canon EF, and Pentax K mount.
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help towards the upkeep of the site would be great. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you get anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- Review: Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light Review of the Kaiser R60 LED Ring Light with 60 daylight LEDs from Fotospeed. Battery operated LED lighting giving up to 2300 lux at 30cm working distance
- BenQ SW240 monitor hood SH240 Fitting the SH240 Monitor hood for the 24" BenQ SW240 wide gamut hardware calibrated monitor. Fits the monitor in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography by David Taylor. Equipment, lighting and technique for photographing small things
- Topaz AI Gigapixel V2 Topaz AI Gigapixel software is updated to V2. Improves GPU performance for image resizing and enlargement. 30 day trial available
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Yes, I welcome EOS R Why the Canon EOS R system will change my photography, but not just yet. How the RF lens mount and new lenses are what may make me change. How do you decide when to jump?
- Peli 1535 Air Case review Review of the Peli 1535 Air Case. A tough air carry on sized hard case for camera equipment. Tested with the TrekPak reconfigurable interior divider system
- Book Review: Mastering Exposure Book Review: Mastering Exposure by David Taylor. Looking at the basic principles of photographic exposure, shutter, aperture and ISO. A great starting point for moving away from camera auto modes.
- Canon camera mounts and change Canon camera mounts and change. Canon FD, EF, EF-S, EF-M and RF. How does it affect your photography and does it really matter. What does the RF mount mean for APS-C cameras - does anyone really keep their old 18-55 lenses?
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Benro GD3WH Geared Head Benro has announced their GD3WH Geared Head at the Photography Show in the UK. With a weight of 870g it takes up to 6KG, giving geared three axis movement
- Tokina Opera 50mm f1.4 lens Tokina have announced the 50mm f1.4 FF lens for full frame cameras. It's in the 'Opera' premium lens line
- New Sigma lens firmware for Canon fit lenses SIGMA Corporation has announced the release of its lens firmware version 2.00 for its SIGMA GLOBAL VISION (SGV) interchangeable lenses compatible with Canon digital cameras featuring Lens Aberration Correction.
- New Sigma Art lenses Sigma announce a number of new lenses in their 'Art' category. A 105mm f1.4 with lens tripod collar. a 70mm f2.8 Macro and Sony E mount versions of many previous Art lenses
- Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash auto bounce flash unit (GN47) automates bounce flash with motorised flash head options
- Canon announce EOS 2000D and 4000D Canon announce the 24MP EOS 2000D (T7) and the 18MP 4000D DSLR cameras. 2000D is the follow up to the 1300D (T6) whilst 4000D is a new entry level DSLR
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Sigma announces the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM ultra wide angle zoom lens in its Art category. Available in Sigma, Canon EF and Nikon mounts
- Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD announced A new Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD (Model A034) zoom lens has been announced. For FF Canon and Nikon mounts. Image stabilisation to 5 stops
- Pentax K-1 Mark II announced Pentax have announced the K-1 Mark II. The 36MP full frame DSLR goes to ISO 819,200 and improved pixel shift multishot capability
- Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens Samyang XP 50mm f1.2 lens announcement Manual focus, for Canon EF mount. High resolution for 50MP+ and 8k video. 9 blade aperture
- Some benefits of Colour Management Datacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
- Nikon 180-400 f4 TC lens announced Nikon announces the AF-S NIKKOR 180–400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR, the first telephoto in the NIKKOR lens range with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks