All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Setting up the Epson P5000 printer Setting up the 17" Epson P5000 printer - installation & setup for the SureColor P5000 A2 printer, software configuration, networking and colour calibration
- 10 more unwise photo business tips 10 more unwise photo business tips from our collection - Photography business ideas you may hear that are not as good as they seem (pt.4)
- More popular myths of pro photography More common photography business myths, why many popular business tips for photographers are probably quite wrong for your photographic business (pt.3)
- Luminar Neptune review update Luminar Neptune review update - The MacPhun Image editor version 1.2 adds new features, operating modes and overall performance. Follows on from Keith's full review
- Photography business tips that miss the point More common photography business tips are discussed, along with reasons that they may not be particularly good ones for a successful business (pt.2)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650 review Review notes for the Canon PIXMA MG3650. Looking at setup and basic functionality for the A4 4 ink printer. Photo printing and document scanning
- Photography business tips that are wrong Some common photography business tips are discussed, suggesting that many popular ideas are simply wrong for your photographic business (pt.1)
- Moving back to film photography Returning to film? Rediscovering old film equipment offers a simpler more direct world of photography. Is it time for Keith to buy some camera batteries and rolls of film?
- Ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre An ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre from the roof of St George's tower, that you can zoom in to and explore - approximately 4700 megapixels
- Review: LensPacks lens holders for camera bags Review of LensPacks lens retainer for camera bags. Lens mount device holds lenses firmly into a camera bag, reducing movement and speeds up swapping lenses.
- Samyang XP 14mm f/2.4 lens review Samyang XP 14mm f/2.4 / Rokinon Special Performance (SP) 14mm F2.4 lens review - manual focus ultra wide angle lens, tested on the Canon 5Ds 50MP full frame camera, also available in Nikon F mount
- The changing light at sunset – photographing buildings Photographing buildings as the sun sets - an experiment to look at the changing light, and how a few minutes makes all the difference. A series of photos taken after the sun sets gives a feel for the range of lighting variation you can use
- Large prints – The Photography Show 2017 All about making bigger prints. Articles and reviews that expand upon issues covered in Keith Cooper's talks and presentations at the Photography Show at the NEC in Birmingham in March 2017
- Photographic skill without marketing is just a hobby Why photographic skill without business marketing is just a hobby. How to be better than most pro photographers at running a photo business, by thinking about it seriously.
- View from St. George’s Tower, Leicester A 300 megapixel view of Leicester city centre from St. George's Tower. Looking northwest along Charles Street towards the city. Image can be zoomed and panned to explore the view
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software review Review of FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software. The software from Reikan automates camera autofocus microadjustment for many Nikon and Canon cameras that have the feature. Works for Mac and Windows and includes additional functions for evaluating some aspects of lens performance.
- How much could using this image cost you? Finding out your images have been stolen and used on the web is never nice. Some of the techniques Keith uses to find our photos and how Pixsy just helped us get several hundred pounds for one image used without permission on one blog post.
- Datacolor Spyder 5 Elite Plus review Spyder 5 Elite plus upgrade to Datacolor's Spyder 5 Elite monitor calibrator and profiling. Add-on software upgrade for soft proofing, improved grey balance and a wider range of customisation options.
- Datacolor Spyder5PRO monitor calibrator review Review of the Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro monitor calibrator. Calibration and profiling of your monitor/monitors for reliability and optimal display quality
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]