All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Architecture and the Sigma 12-24mm Using an ultra-wide zoom lens for architectural photographs. Testing the Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art lens on a 50MP Canon 5Ds DSLR for architecture photography
- Tilt and tubes for Macro Using Tilt/shift lenses and extension tubes for macro photography. How much can you move the focal plane by tilting a lens
- A shift lens at 50mm Using a shift lens at 50mm - adding rise and fall to a standard focal length. Tilt/shift lens use at longer focal lengths. A Mamiya medium format lens used with a shift adapter
- Epson SC-P20000 printer review Review of the Epson SC-P20000 printer by Keith Cooper. 64 inch width large format printer with new UltraChrome Pro 10-colour ink-set including high density Mk/Pk inks and three grey inks for better Black & White printing
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Book review – Marketing and promotion Book Review: The Photographer's Guide to Marketing and Self-Promotion (Maria Piscopo) Reviewed by Keith Cooper, professional commercial photographer and author of many of our business related articles
- Better colour on your monitor Better colour on your monitor, looking at simple monitor calibration and profiling tools that mean you can trust what you see. If colour matters, you need to do something about it
- Kuuvik Capture V3.1 review update Review update Kuuvik Capture camera tethering software is updated to V3.1 Looking at new software features and multi-point live view mode, particularly useful when focusing a tilted lens
- Photo business advice for your competitors Photo business advice that is probably best for your competitors - Business advice you'll hear and read, and should know when to avoid. (pt.5)
- DxO Optics Pro V11 review Looking at DxO Optics Pro V11. Review of the RAW image processing software that Keith Cooper uses for processing many of his images. The review builds on his experiences of using the software since it first came out
- Setting up the Epson P5000 printer Setting up the 17" Epson P5000 printer - installation & setup for the SureColor P5000 A2 printer, software configuration, networking and colour calibration
- 10 more unwise photo business tips 10 more unwise photo business tips from our collection - Photography business ideas you may hear that are not as good as they seem (pt.4)
- More popular myths of pro photography More common photography business myths, why many popular business tips for photographers are probably quite wrong for your photographic business (pt.3)
- Luminar Neptune review update Luminar Neptune review update - The MacPhun Image editor version 1.2 adds new features, operating modes and overall performance. Follows on from Keith's full review
- Photography business tips that miss the point More common photography business tips are discussed, along with reasons that they may not be particularly good ones for a successful business (pt.2)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650 review Review notes for the Canon PIXMA MG3650. Looking at setup and basic functionality for the A4 4 ink printer. Photo printing and document scanning
- Photography business tips that are wrong Some common photography business tips are discussed, suggesting that many popular ideas are simply wrong for your photographic business (pt.1)
- Moving back to film photography Returning to film? Rediscovering old film equipment offers a simpler more direct world of photography. Is it time for Keith to buy some camera batteries and rolls of film?
- Ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre An ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre from the roof of St George's tower, that you can zoom in to and explore - approximately 4700 megapixels
- Review: LensPacks lens holders for camera bags Review of LensPacks lens retainer for camera bags. Lens mount device holds lenses firmly into a camera bag, reducing movement and speeds up swapping lenses.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]