What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-2000 Canon have announced the imagePROGRAF TX-2000 and TX-3000 printers. 24" and 44" pigment inkjet printers for CAD/GIS and poster reproduction. Dual roll media support.
- Affinity Photo V1.6 Affinity Photo V1.6 update released. Boosts performance and functionality - limited time offer for free extras.
- Luminar 2018 aims at Lightroom Luminar 2018 - image editing update for Mac and Windows. Adds new filters and RAW processing. Faster software and an expansion of editing flexibility
- Macphun becomes Skylum Macphun is renaming the company as Skylum - Part of this signifies the move of their photography software to the Windows platform as well as the Apple Mac
- X-Rite i1Studio launched X-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
–More News– further down the page
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Keith Cooper’s City Light Luminar presets Keith's 'City Light' presets for MacPhun's Luminar photo editing software. Developed for architectural images when converting from colour to B&W. Before and after examples, and how they differ from 'straight' B&W conversions. Also using them as a luminance adjustment for colour images.
- i1Studio calibration and profiling review X-Rite i1Studio calibration and profiling review. Calibrate monitors and projectors. Profile reflection and transmission scanners, and profile papers for colour and black and white printing.
- Luminar 2018 review Luminar 2018 photo editing software - a review update. Filters, speed and attention to RAW processing, with asset management on its way
- BenQ SW271 monitor review Keith reviews BenQ's latest high end monitor. The BenQ SW271 27inch width display features 3840x2160 resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio and accepts 4k HDR video. Dual HDMI inputs along with Displayport, Thunderbolt/USB3. Technicolor certified
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Topaz Studio additions Topaz Studio additions - new functionality from existing Topaz plugins added to the free Topaz Studio editing application.
- Book Review: Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photographer Book review: Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photographer (Tad Crawford, Chuck DeLaney) Just how do you run a photography business. What things do you need to address? How will you market and sell your services, and make your business last.
- Review of the Epson P5000 printer Review of the Epson Surecolor P5000 printer. 17 inch width A2, with roll support and paper cartridge for sheet media. Looking at print capabilities and colour management
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Laowa Magic Shift Converter for Sony FE mount cameras Laowa announce a shift adapter that allows normal wide angle lenses to be used as shift lenses on Sony E mount cameras. 12mm f2.8 becomes 17mm f4 shift
- New Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 lens announced Tamron announces its latest 24-70mm F2.8 lens, model SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A032) due August 2017. Nikon and Canon mounts. Full specs including MTF charts
- Canon 6D mk2 and 200D Canon announce the 26MP full frame EOS 6D mk2 and the 24MP APS-C EOS 200D - two new DSLR cameras updating he 6D and 100D
- Micron kills off Lexar brand A Micron announcement looks to kill off the Lexar brand and cards and associated hardware. The Flash memory maker announces that it intends to drop the entire Lexar business line, but is open to offers...
- Luminar Neptune review update Luminar Neptune review update - The MacPhun Image editor version 1.2 adds new features, operating modes and overall performance. Follows on from Keith's full review
- BenQ monitor competition – trip to Venice Win a photographic trip to Venice courtesy of BenQ (European residents only) Celebrating the BenQ range of monitors
- Google calls time on the Nik plugins Google has announced that the Nik collection of image editing plugins will no longer be updated or extended
- Topaz Studio image editor Topaz Studio image editor and plugin that also works stand alone and integrates Topaz plugins. Free and paid versions available
- Laowa GFX lens format converter The Laowa Magic Format Converter (MFC) expands the image circle of Canon EF and Nikon F lenses to cover the larger image circle of the Fuji GFX-50 MF camera
- Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced New Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced - lens with built in LED lighting system, hybrid image stabilisation and quiet STM focus drive
- Irix 11mm f4 lens details announced Irix announce details of their new 11mm f/4 ultra wide angle lens. Available in two different body version 'Firefly' and 'Blackstone' Due to be shown at 'The Photography Show' in the UK in March
- Laowa lens products at the CP Plus show The CP+ show is running in Japan, and amongst the products on display are a range of new lenses from Laowa (Venus lens). A 25mm 2.5-5x macro, 15/2.8 Sony FE, 24mm relay lens, tilt and shift converters and a 7.5mm f2 MFT lens.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks