What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- All about using tilt and shift
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Photography book reviews
- Keith’s ‘gear list’ for his work
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- DxO Nik Collection 3 announced The DxO Nik collection 3 announced - Software for image editing updated to include non-destructive editing functionality and a new geometry correction plugin is added to the existing plugins
- SD Express updates card speeds SD Cards have a new SD Express standard for faster transfers. The SD Cards are backwards compatible with existing cards, using new interface pins
- DxO PhotoLab 3.2 update DxO PhotoLab is updated to V3.2. It expands localised adjustments when photo editing and improves photo library functionality - free update for V3 users
- Epson P700 and P900 printers announced Epson UK announce the SureColor SC-P700 and SC- P900 printers, replacements for the 13" (A3+) Epson P600 and 17" (A2) Epson P800. Both have new designs for roll paper support and no black ink switching
- Canon EOS R5 development announcement Canon have released a 'development announcement' for the EOS R5, a professional level model for the EOS R mirrorless range
- Review Nik Perspective Efex Review of Perspective Efex plugin and standalone app in the DxO Nik Collection 3. Correcting verticals and image projection geometry. Adjust wide angle distortion for group photos and add 'tilt/shift look' with selective focus
- Review of DxO Nik Collection 3 Review of Nik Collection 3 by DxO - The Image editing plugins are updated and expanded to fit more varied workflow choices without losing the original Nik functionality. Demo available.
- On being an architectural photographer 2 Architectural photography as a professional business. Part 2 looks at how the equipment you choose matches the demands of architectural photography clients - What Keith Cooper uses for our architectural and construction photography business
- Diagonal lens shift Diagonal lens shift - Keith looks at using a tilt/shift or shift only lens by combining horizontal and vertical lens movements. Using an off-set viewpoint in images
- On being an architectural photographer 1 Architectural photography as a professional business. Part 1 looks at how the business of photographing architecture works, from a business, skills and creative point of view - Why Keith Cooper took up architectural and construction photography
- X-Rite ColorChecker SG review Review of the ColorChecker SG card from X-Rite. The advanced colour reference card has a wider range of colours than the standard 24 patch ColorChecker card used for creating camera profiles. Creates DNG and ICC profiles - also useful for scanner profiling
- Jessop zoom slide duplicator lens Testing a 35mm zoom slide copier on a modern digital camera with some slides from the 1970's. Includes image processing and lighting concerns and a quick look at photo image quality from the 70's
- i1Studio update 1.5 X-rite updates i1Studio to version 1.5. Improves profile accuracy and adds i1Display Studio (monitor calibration) support
- SpyderPrint black and white print refinement Black and white printer test image for use with the Datacolor SpyderPrint spectrocolorimeter. Check linearity and black and white print performance with Photoshop & Affinity Photo
More Articles (1000+) Main articles/reviews page
- Phase One XT camera system Phase One announces the XT medium format camera system. It comes with the 100/150MP IQ4 back and three lenses, and with a body unit offering ±12mm of lens shift.
- Canon RF lenses 15-35 and 24-70 Canon has announced the details for two RF lenses: the RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM and RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM. Both include dust and weather resistance, and a stated 5 stops of optical image stabilisation.
- X-Rite i1Pro 3 Plus options X-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets, it is available in i1Basic and i1Profiler kit options for screen and print profiling
- Topaz Studio 2 Topaz have announced Studio 2 The new version of their creative image editing software incorporates all previous adjustments. Free trial version available
- New Laowa 15mm F2 and 10-18mm lenses Venus Optics have announced two new Laowa wide angle 15mm F2 and 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 lenses for Nikon Z and Canon RF mount mirrorless cameras
- BenQ SW270C monitor announced BenQ SW270C PhotoVue 27" monitor announced. With 99% Adobe98 and 97% DCI-P3/Display-P3 colour space coverage. HDR-10 and 16 bit 3D LUT
- Sigma fp L mount camera announced Sigma have announced the 'fp' L mount camera. The full frame ultra compact mirrorless is 113 x 70 x 45mm and weighs 370 grams. Captures 14 bit DNG files
- Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM Canon have announced the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM zoom lens for the RF mount. It will cost £900/$900 and be available for September 2019. Also available as a kit option for the EOS RP
- Hartblei SRA-1 Superrotator HARTBLEI SRA-I Superrotator Adapter for medium format lenses and mirrorless cameras for E-Mount, L-Mount, EOS-R and Nikon-Z
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 Plus X-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets. The device is optimised for measuring a wide variety of materials
- Hasselblad X1D II 50C announced Hasselblad have announced the X1D II 50C medium format camera, a faster and more richly featured successor to the X1D-50C camera. It includes a larger rear screen, a higher resolution EVF, faster startup and reduced lag
- New X-Rite ColorChecker card sizes X-Rite have announced a range of new sizes for their industry standard ColorChecker cards. Sizes launched range from Nano to Mega (24x40mm to 100x152cm)
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our occasional (ad-free) Newsletter
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
For All about using tilt and shift - articles/reviews about tilt/shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)