Listed here is a guide to the prices and fees for all of Northlight Images’ commercial photography services.
From just £169 (+VAT) for a 1 hour session, including processing and your image usage license
If you would like the services of a commercial photographer, or require a written quotation, please give us a call to discuss your needs.
Your customised quote
Since we don’t like hidden costs, and don’t see why you should either, we’ve listed our basic prices and will always provide you with a detailed quote based on the work you need doing.
We can give you a full breakdown of our rates and will clearly explain the options that best suit your exact needs.
So we can give you an accurate quote and to make sure we are taking the photos you needs, we’ve put together a short guide that tells you the sort of information we need to know before we provide a quote:
If you’re unsure about what we we’re asking for or just want some general advice, please just ask, we’re always happy to help.
Inclusive prices for photography
We will always quote an “all-inclusive price” which includes all charges for us to take, process and supply images for specific usage.
Prices on this page are UK prices (GBP) for our commercial photography and are valid as of March 2018 — All commercial photography prices are for guidance only (E&OE) and exclude VAT.
To support our pricing information, we also have a guide to our standard terms and conditions for commercial photography services – please just ask if you are unsure of anything, we are happy to help clarify matters in plain English.
Discounted project rates
We offer discounted rates for extended assignments that include multiple sites or repeat visits (min. 1 hr) to the same site to complete the assignment.
These projects rates do depend on the exact nature of the work so please contact us directly to discuss the project and we’ll be happy to provide a quote and demonstrate the potential savings.
Your photos – what you get
We supply images in RGB digital formats electronically or on CD/DVD on request. We will usually supply high resolution JPEG files at a ‘print ready’ resolution of 300ppi. Other file formats – PSD, PSB or TIFF – are available on request (an additional charge may be made).
Please note that as part of our quality control procedures, we will only supply images in CMYK formats upon receipt of precise ICC profiles and/or conversion details, along with a written specification of the conversion requirements. There may be a charge for some CMYK image conversion work.
Product photography prices
All our product photography services are provided on location and we charge the rates shown on this page. Please contact us for a quote.
The exception to this is our macro photography service, which is studio based in Leicester. We do have some more portable equipment that can be used on location. Please call us if you would like to discuss options for such specialist work.
Leicester based business?
Our stock photography rates are subject to a significant discount for local businesses – please just ask.
We also offer a custom stock photo service for Leicester – if we don’t have an image of a location you want, then we will look at adding it to our stock collection – at no additional charge.
Make sure you use the right professional photographer
For the best results, look for the right photographer for your needs, we only do commercial work.
Why you need a specialist photographerSee our free guide to using the right professional photographer
Photography rates (GBP)
Includes location based product photography.
|UK rates excl. VAT||1st Hour||Additional hours||Half day||Full day|
|Premium / Special||320||195||985||1540|
A half day is typically 4 hrs and a full day typically 7.5 hrs
*Most of our work is charged at the Standard rate
What you pay for
The prices quoted above are an ‘all inclusive’ price – we will not make any additional charges for standard processing (which should be all you need) or extra usage/license fees. Expenses are charged for sites outside of Leicestershire – please see the details below.
What you’ll receive for the prices above:
- Our time to take your photographs
- The photographs taken – we don’t hold any back and charge for additional shots later
- Our expertise
- Processing of your images – they will be cropped, edited for colour balance, basic sharpening and, as necessary, corrected for geometry. In general you will receive – included in your price as quoted above – a minimum (for 1 hour’s photography) of 1 hour’s processing/editing work on your images, worth at least £84 +VAT if charged for separately
- Supply of your high resolution images – usually electronically, but CDs/DVDs are available on request
- A license to use your images – we do not normally place any time restrictions on how long you can use the images or how many times you use them, BUT there may be restrictions on HOW you use them and these will be detailed in your quote (this restriction usually only applies to large scale, world-wide, non-web advertising campaigns)
- Storage of the original photo files
- Free post-production advice
- Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million
Any expenses will be clearly detailed on your quote, but in general:
- We charge mileage for all projects outside of Leicestershire at 0.65p per mile
- We charge travel time for all projects over 2 hours away from our base in Leicester. We charge nothing for the first 2 hours (in each direction) then 30.00 for each additional hour (in each direction) – rounded up to the full hour
- Hotels and expenses (if required) are charged at cost
Basic image processing – cropping, editing for colour balance, basic sharpening and corrections for geometry – is included in your price.
Enhanced image processing and Photoshop work – IF required – is charged at £84 per hour or part thereof.
We do not offer a cut-out service, as we believe you can source this elsewhere at a much more competitive price than we are able to offer.
Stock photo usage
Prices (ex VAT) GBP (Don’t forget, we offer a discount for local businesses)
|In-house magazine||Public information leaflets||Brochures/reports|
|1/8 page||75||1/8 page||130||1/8 page||180|
|1/4 page||90||1/4 page||140||1/4 page||190|
|1/2 page||130||1/2 page||165||1/2 page||220|
|3/4 page||220||3/4 page||190||3/4 page||255|
|Full page||260||Full page||225||Full page||300|
|Double-page spread||380||Double-page spread||320||Double-page spread||440|