What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Photography book reviews
- Keith’s ‘gear list’ for his work
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Canon PRO-2100, 4100, 6100 printers Canon have announced the PRO-2100, 4100 and 6100 large format printers (24", 44" and 60" width), looking to improve print workflow and efficiency. Available in 12 colour and 8 colour 'S' versions
- Nikon Z50 Nikon have announced the 20MP Z50, their first DX sensor Z series mirrorless camera. It uses the Z mount for lenses, the announcement includes two APS-C (DX) Z mount lenses.
- Epson P7500 and P9500 printers Epson announces P7500 and P9500 12 colour large format printers. 24 inch and 44 inch width printers with hew 12 colour ink set and no black switching. Printers also referred to as P7570 and P9570 in some regions
- X-Rite updates display calibrator range X-Rite has updated its display calibrator product range, including support for much brighter screens. Products are aimed at photographers and filmmakers
- Canon EOS M200 Canon announces the EOS M200 mirrorless APS-C camera. A 24MP camera bundled with the 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM lens. Successor to EOS M100 mirrorless
- i1Display Pro Plus review Looking at the new i1Display Pro plus monitor calibration and profiling colorimeter. Adds high brightness screen support and BT.1886 gamma curve support. This is the top model of the i1Display range
- Bulk editing photos without Photoshop Bulk editing photos without Photoshop using the BatchPhoto image editing tool (Mac and Win) Guest article from Mike Cosmin Unguru the author of BatchPhoto
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 plus review Review of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 Plus monitor, scanner and printer profiling package using the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer. Backlit printed materials can now be profiled, and the spectrophotometer has an M3 option for polarised measurements
- Printer Test Images Collection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- Panoramic printing review using Fotospeed paper Wide prints and panoramic photo composition. Review of Fotospeed panoramic paper (210mm x 594mm) for wide prints colour and black and white. Some thoughts about making wide prints work.
- Hasselblad H6D-50C and HTS adapter Short review of working with the Hasselblad H6D-50C 50MP Medium format camera using the XCD28mm lens and HTS adapter for tilt and shift
- Luminar Flex 1.1 Luminar Flex app and plugin has a free update to version 1.1 by Skylum. Adds Luminar AI tools to Photoshop, Lightroom and Photos for Mac. Lets you use layers, blending and masking in editing photos.. Functional demo available.
- Imadio Fisheye-Hemi V2 review Imadio Fisheye-Hemi V2 review update. The Image geometry correction software allows fine tuning adjustment parameters whilst still keeping basic adjustment options for correcting the distortions of fisheye type lenses.
- X-Rite i1iO review Review using the X-Rite i1iO automated patch reader for printer profiling using the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer and i1Profiler software. The robot arm accepts the original i1Pro and the i1Pro 2
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM Canon have announced the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM zoom lens for the RF mount. It will cost £900/$900 and be available for September 2019. Also available as a kit option for the EOS RP
- Hartblei SRA-1 Superrotator HARTBLEI SRA-I Superrotator Adapter for medium format lenses and mirrorless cameras for E-Mount, L-Mount, EOS-R and Nikon-Z
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 Plus X-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets. The device is optimised for measuring a wide variety of materials
- Hasselblad X1D II 50C announced Hasselblad have announced the X1D II 50C medium format camera, a faster and more richly featured successor to the X1D-50C camera. It includes a larger rear screen, a higher resolution EVF, faster startup and reduced lag
- New X-Rite ColorChecker card sizes X-Rite have announced a range of new sizes for their industry standard ColorChecker cards. Sizes launched range from Nano to Mega (24x40mm to 100x152cm)
- Datacolor Spyder X bundles Datacolor announced the launch of two new product bundles for photographers to manage their colour workflow: SpyderX Capture Pro and SpyderX Studio. Both include the recently launched SpyderX colour calibrator for monitors
- ColorChecker Passport software update The free X-Rite Colourchecker Passport software from X-Rite has been updated to V2 It supports camera DNG profiling, adding support for the the Colorchecker SG card and ICC profiling as well
- Venus Optics Laowa 100mm macro lens Venus Optics announce their new Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro APO lens. Lens available in Canon EF, Nikon F and Sony mounts
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2 L USM Canon have announced the RF 85mm F1.2 L USM lens for RF mount mirrorless cameras. Available for June 2019 at around $2700
- Rokinon/Samyang 14mm and 85mm Rokinon/Samyang have announced two new manual focus lenses for the Canon RF mount. The lenses are 14mm f/2.8 and 85mm f/1.4
- Topaz Gigapixel AI updated to V4 Topaz have updated their Gigapixel AI resizing software to V4. The new version offers improved speed and image quality with improved resizing and workflow. Free update for existing users (Free 30 day trial and reduced price for new until April 5th)
- DxO PhotoLab 2.2 update DxO PhotoLab V2.2 image editing software update improves functionality and adds new image management tools. Includes Nikon Z6 and EOS R
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)