Learn how to take great, eye catching property photographs that sell your properties quicker, enhance your brand and give you the competitive edge.
We offer bespoke property photography training tailored to your exact needs that teaches you to get better photographs of your properties using your equipment.
We don’t have a one course fits all approach – instead we’ll work with your skill levels to teach you the techniques you need to know to help you get better photographs of your properties.
We’re happy to work with complete beginners or with property professionals who have some experience but want to up grade their skill set or need help to fix specific problems.
Photography training costs
Half Day Training
Full Day Training
All prices are for single sessions, and exclude VAT, please also see our Terms and Conditions for training services.
Precise course/seminar costs are based on duration, location and number of people attending the course. A half day is up to 3.5 hrs of training time, a full day up to 6.5 hrs.
For interactive photography training sessions we recommend a maximum of 5 trainees. For larger numbers we recommend seminar style presentations.
Our training courses are held at your own preferred location, where you will be taking your own photographs.
Expenses: £0.65 per mile for all courses outside of Leicestershire PLUS £30 per hour travel expenses for all courses more than 2 hours from our base in Leicester. We charge nothing for the first 2 hours (in each direction) then £30 per full hour.
For a more accurate idea of costs, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements and we'll be happy to send a detailed quote.
Please note: payment is required in advance of training session(s), unless payment on the day is arranged (by prior agreement only).
Why better pictures work for you
How do great photos make a difference?
- Reduce the time from listing to sale
- Give a more professional look to your service
- Good pictures catch the eye of future sellers
Good photography is an investment in all your business.
How we can help you
Northlight Images provide high quality architectural, industrial, commercial and residential photography for estate agents and property management agencies and our training will give you and your colleagues the opportunity to learn real estate photography from a professional interior and architectural photographer.
We provide bespoke digital photography courses and professional development seminars for estate agents and property professionals, tailored and customised to your exact business needs. The content and style of the course will depend on what you want to learn and your existing skill levels – whether you’re a beginner or just want to improve skills you already have.
Learn how to get the best from your photographs and remember, training works – it helps you maximise the usefulness of your property photography. Training also contributes to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
Photography training course details
All courses are tailored to your exact needs and we’re happy to cover all or some of the points listed below – as well as looking at any specific problems you may have:
What we can teach you
- What equipment will help you get the job done
- How to set up and use your equipment – including the camera, tripod and reflectors
- The basic rules of composition that will drastically improve all your property photography
- Lighting techniques – including how to make the best use of available light, teaching you how to correct images with bad lighting
- We’ll show you simple fixes to get round the problem of looking from a dark room into a light one and vice versa
- How to deal with annoying reflections from windows and doors, and when to make use of them
- Discover why trying to make a room look as big as possible may not sell as well as making a room look interesting
- The technical aspects of photography – including exposure, aperture, ISO, lens focal lengths and depth of field
- What to do with the images once you have transferred them out of the camera, including image processing in Photoshop and how to process images for both web and print
- Find out how to make your images look that little bit better on the web or stand out in the local paper. If needed, we can share with you our extensive colour management expertise, teaching you how to address more fundamental problems with colour images in printed brochures and newspapers
- Ever wondered why buildings in some photos look as if they are falling over? Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using very wide angle lenses
- If your niche is the higher end of the market, we can show you the techniques and equipment needed to take images for glossy brochures and booklets
- We can share with you how we go about producing our high quality promotional photography for show homes and flats for developers and builders
About our training
"I enjoyed Keith's introduction to photography. While it was accessible to complete novices, I also found lots of useful hints and tips as someone who does a small amount of professional photography and is seeking to expand my portfolio. I would recommend Northlight Images for no fuss photography training solutions to suit a range of skill levels."Laura Hadland - Thirst Media
"The team really enjoyed the training, and we all feel that we have learnt some essential tips to improve our pictures, at the very least learning to evaluate our photos on site and thinking about the story that they are telling. The format of the training worked well - with a bit of theory in the morning and practice in the afternoon. The information wasn’t too overwhelmingly technical and was pitched just right for our requirements. I would be happy to recommend the training to other sales teams."Nottingham Community Housing Assoc.
What about afterwards…?
If you have been on a Northlight Images training course, we’ll provide on-going support and are happy to answer technical questions and clear up any related issues you might have about the course materials.
We know that often, people have plenty of other work to do in their jobs, and after a week or so, what was clear on the day may have faded a bit…
We also work with companies to develop follow-up and appraisal processes, to ensure lasting benefits from our training.
Learn from an expert photographer
Keith Cooper is a qualified Adult Education tutor and university lecturer and an experienced conference speaker and has a C&G Adult Education Certificate.
Keith is also an internationally recognised photographer and technical specialist. In September 2011, he was invited to join X-Rite’s ‘Coloratti’
“X-Rite’s Coloratti includes the world’s top professional photographers, a group whose vision, passion, leadership, and partnership are recognized and valued by X-Rite. Coloratti photographers are highly respected by their peers and are admired by up-and-coming professionals, enthusiasts, and students alike.”
Other specialist photography training
We provide a wide range of training services to commercial organisations. As with our property photography training it is customised to our clients requirements.
Commercial and residential property photography training
Our property photography courses have proved popular in the construction and development sector, where ongoing project monitoring and works progress photography is carried out in-house.
All our technical photography expertise and equipment is available for specialist training, this is typically delivered on location for no more than two or three people.
Panoramic and VR photography training
Northlight provides a range of VR (Virtual Reality) and panoramic photography services, such as 360 virtual tours – This is specialised work and require a not inconsiderable investment in equipment and VR software (such as Autopano Giga).
Why pay someone else to produce VR tours and the likes for you?
We can help show you the techniques and equipment for producing VR movies of properties, and help you save money by creating them yourselves.
We can provide training in this specialist area – please contact us directly for more information (Note that this is not part of our normal Estate Agent photography training courses)