What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Specialist index pages
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Three new Tamron lenses announced Tamron have announced three new lenses, due mid 2019. Two Nikon/canon mount SP 35mm F1.4, 35-150mm F2.8-4 and E-mount 17-28mm F2.8 III
- Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 S Nikkor Z 24-70mm F2.8 S lens announced for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera system. 17 elements, 15 groups Due April 2019
- Canon EOS RP Announced The Canon EOS RP 26MP full frame mirrorless camera has been announced. Much smaller than any previous Canon full frame camera, available March 2019
- Datacolor Spyder X announced Datacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- Irix Edge light pollution filters Irix have announced their new Edge light pollution filters. These cut light at the specific yellow colour associated with low pressure sodium lighting, which is widely used in street lighting.
–More News– further down the page
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it. If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
There are around a thousand free articles and reviews on the site - thanks to everyone who helps support it.
If you buy anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
- K&F Square 100mm ND1000 filter review Review: Testing the K&F 100mm square filter holder and 100mm ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. Comes with adapters for lens filter sizes from 52mm to 82mm
- Rogeti TSE Frame feature update Rogeti have improved diagonal shift support for the TSE Frame lens mount - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- Luminar V3 update Skylum have announced the V3.0.2 update for Luminar V3. It adds support for additional cameras and adds numerous feature enhancements
- Keith Cooper photography interview Video: Keith Cooper was recently interviewed by BenQ about his photography, equipment (including monitors) and approach to running a photography business (21 mins)
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator review Review of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Printing low megapixel images at large size Printing low megapixel images at large size, looking at resizing and image editing techniques that let you make larger prints than you thought possible. Getting good prints at A2 and 17" x 25" sizes
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI review Topaz JPEG to RAW AI software converts JPEG image files into RAW (DNG) or TIFF images. Expands bit depth and colour space
- Topaz AI Gigapixel update Topaz AI Gigapixel updated to V3 - Image resizing software resamples and resizes photos. Update improves performance and features clearer user interface.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- LargeSense launches the LS911 LargeSense launches the LS911 8x10 digital camera back. Single shot 9"x11" CMOS sensor gives 12MP with 75 micron pixels. Base ISO is 2100 Includes lossless 4k video at 26fps
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter update Skylum announces Luminar 2018 Jupiter (V1.2) software update. Featuring speed increases, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. New features for Mac and Windows versions.
- Architectural photography lens choices Looking at lens choices for architectural photography. How Keith Cooper uses a nearby award nominated building to explore options when testing lenses - not on the time of clients
- Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D wide angle lens announced for APS-C mirrorless cameras by Venus Optics in Sony E, Fuji and EF-M mount options. 49mm filter thread
- Benro GD3WH Geared Head Benro has announced their GD3WH Geared Head at the Photography Show in the UK. With a weight of 870g it takes up to 6KG, giving geared three axis movement
- Tokina Opera 50mm f1.4 lens Tokina have announced the 50mm f1.4 FF lens for full frame cameras. It's in the 'Opera' premium lens line
- New Sigma lens firmware for Canon fit lenses SIGMA Corporation has announced the release of its lens firmware version 2.00 for its SIGMA GLOBAL VISION (SGV) interchangeable lenses compatible with Canon digital cameras featuring Lens Aberration Correction.
- New Sigma Art lenses Sigma announce a number of new lenses in their 'Art' category. A 105mm f1.4 with lens tripod collar. a 70mm f2.8 Macro and Sony E mount versions of many previous Art lenses
- Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI flash auto bounce flash unit (GN47) automates bounce flash with motorised flash head options
- Canon announce EOS 2000D and 4000D Canon announce the 24MP EOS 2000D (T7) and the 18MP 4000D DSLR cameras. 2000D is the follow up to the 1300D (T6) whilst 4000D is a new entry level DSLR
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Sigma announces the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM ultra wide angle zoom lens in its Art category. Available in Sigma, Canon EF and Nikon mounts
- Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD announced A new Tamron 70-210mm F4 Di VC USD (Model A034) zoom lens has been announced. For FF Canon and Nikon mounts. Image stabilisation to 5 stops
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks