What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Four new Laowa lenses Venus Lens have announced four new lenses under the Laowa brand. They range from a 4mm MFT fisheye to a 100mm 2x Macro APO. A 10-18,, zoom is available in Sony FE mount and a 17mm F4 for Fuji GFX
- LargeSense launches the LS911 LargeSense launches the LS911 8x10 digital camera back. Single shot 9"x11" CMOS sensor gives 12MP with 75 micron pixels. Base ISO is 2100 Includes lossless 4k video at 26fps
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter update Skylum announces Luminar 2018 Jupiter (V1.2) software update. Featuring speed increases, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. New features for Mac and Windows versions.
- EOS M50 Information, reviews, news and updates for the Canon EOS M50 24MP mirrorless camera with EF-M lens mount. 4k (24P) video
- Architectural photography lens choices Looking at lens choices for architectural photography. How Keith Cooper uses a nearby award nominated building to explore options when testing lenses - not on the time of clients
–More News– further down the page
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
If you find the articles and reviews on our site interesting, any help you could give towards the upkeep of the site would be really helpful. Buying anything via our links costs you no more. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Luminar 2018 Jupiter review update Luminar 2018 Jupiter update. Skylum updates Luminar photo editing software. Adds much faster processing, batch processing and camera and lens profiles. Looking at how things have improved in this new version.
- Review: SyderCHECKR24 Review of SyderCHECKR 24 camera colour correction chart and software by datacolor. 24 patch reference target for camera colour correction for photo and video
- TS-E 50mm f/2.8L macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 50mm f/4L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±8.5 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the macro lens
- TS-E 135mm f/4L macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±10 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the telephoto macro lens
- Laowa 25mm f2.8 macro review Review of the Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro lens from Venus optics. Manual focus macro lens tested on a 50MP Canon 5Ds (EF, F,FE an K mounts available)
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- KF150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite review Review of the KF-150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite by K&F Concept. Multi flash mode Canon compatible with LED modelling light and independently adjustable flash units. Nikon version available.
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- New Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 lens announced Tamron announces its latest 24-70mm F2.8 lens, model SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A032) due August 2017. Nikon and Canon mounts. Full specs including MTF charts
- Canon 6D mk2 and 200D Canon announce the 26MP full frame EOS 6D mk2 and the 24MP APS-C EOS 200D - two new DSLR cameras updating he 6D and 100D
- Micron kills off Lexar brand A Micron announcement looks to kill off the Lexar brand and cards and associated hardware. The Flash memory maker announces that it intends to drop the entire Lexar business line, but is open to offers...
- Luminar Neptune review update Luminar Neptune review update - The MacPhun Image editor version 1.2 adds new features, operating modes and overall performance. Follows on from Keith's full review
- BenQ monitor competition – trip to Venice Win a photographic trip to Venice courtesy of BenQ (European residents only) Celebrating the BenQ range of monitors
- Google calls time on the Nik plugins Google has announced that the Nik collection of image editing plugins will no longer be updated or extended
- Topaz Studio image editor Topaz Studio image editor and plugin that also works stand alone and integrates Topaz plugins. Free and paid versions available
- Laowa GFX lens format converter The Laowa Magic Format Converter (MFC) expands the image circle of Canon EF and Nikon F lenses to cover the larger image circle of the Fuji GFX-50 MF camera
- Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced New Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM announced - lens with built in LED lighting system, hybrid image stabilisation and quiet STM focus drive
- Irix 11mm f4 lens details announced Irix announce details of their new 11mm f/4 ultra wide angle lens. Available in two different body version 'Firefly' and 'Blackstone' Due to be shown at 'The Photography Show' in the UK in March
- Laowa lens products at the CP Plus show The CP+ show is running in Japan, and amongst the products on display are a range of new lenses from Laowa (Venus lens). A 25mm 2.5-5x macro, 15/2.8 Sony FE, 24mm relay lens, tilt and shift converters and a 7.5mm f2 MFT lens.
- New Canon large format Mac-Win printer software New software and drivers released for Canon large format printers which also fixes MacOS 10.12 colour management issues. Supports x400 series and x300 series printers and iPF5100
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks