Printers and printing – making better prints
Suggest a product review or article?
See our Review guidelines for more details.
More specialist index pages
- Keith’s photo blog
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Fotospeed Metallic Lustre paper review Fotospeed Metallic Lustre 275 gsm paper review. A microporous coated paper with a metallic lustre surface finish, for dye and pigment inks. A4 sheet to 44" roll sizes available
- A photo print of some bright red flowers Making a photo print of some bright red cactus flowers. Looking at how colour spaces and gamut affects such strong colours. How making a basic print of a flower illustrates some printer, paper and colour management choices
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3000 review Testing the Canon TX-3000 36" width printer. Keith Cooper reviews the Canon TX wide format printer and plotter for photo and graphics printing. Also covers the 24" TX-2000 printer and 44" TX-4000
- Looking for a bigger photo printer Important questions to ask yourself when looking for a bigger photo printer wider than 13 inch width or A3+. Things that it's useful to know if you want a 17" (A2) or larger printer, it's about more than just bigger prints.
- Why your prints look wrong Why do your photo prints not look right? Fixing print problems. From prints too dark, and prints not matching your screen, Keith Cooper looks at ten of the most common reasons that your prints might not work
- Fotospeed Matt art papers review Fotospeed Platinum Cotton 305 and Cotton Etching 305 matt art papers review. Cotton acid free fine art paper. Natural white smooth and Etching finish bright white
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-2000 Canon have announced the imagePROGRAF TX-2000 and TX-3000 printers. 24" and 44" pigment inkjet printers for CAD/GIS and poster reproduction. Dual roll media support.
- i1Studio calibration and profiling review X-Rite i1Studio calibration and profiling review. Calibrate monitors and projectors. Profile reflection and transmission scanners, and profile papers for colour and black and white printing.
- Review of the Epson P5000 printer Review of the Epson Surecolor P5000 printer. 17 inch width A2, with roll support and paper cartridge for sheet media. Looking at print capabilities and colour management
- New Canon TS Pixma printers Canon launch a new range of TS Pixma printers PIXMA TS9120, TS8120, TS6120, TS5120 and TS3120 3-in-1 inkjet printers
- Epson SC-P20000 printer review Review of the Epson SC-P20000 printer by Keith Cooper. 64 inch width large format printer with new UltraChrome Pro 10-colour ink-set including high density Mk/Pk inks and three grey inks for better Black & White printing
- Setting up the Epson P5000 printer Setting up the 17" Epson P5000 printer - installation & setup for the SureColor P5000 A2 printer, software configuration, networking and colour calibration
- Canon PIXMA MG3650 review Review notes for the Canon PIXMA MG3650. Looking at setup and basic functionality for the A4 4 ink printer. Photo printing and document scanning
- X-rite i1 Profiler product overview and reviews X-rite i1 Profiler product updates and reviews of features and functionality for creating icc profiles for devices (such as printers and monitors)
- Large prints – The Photography Show 2017 All about making bigger prints. Articles and reviews that expand upon issues covered in Keith Cooper's talks and presentations at the Photography Show at the NEC in Birmingham in March 2017
- Moving a Canon PRO-2000 printer Following on from our PRO-2000 review, it needed shipping back to Canon. There are several options for moving such a printer (or a larger PRO-4000), the one we needed uses up a lot of ink. Take care when installing your large format printer if you ever intend to move it.
- The art of the big photographic landscape print What makes for a great looking large 'fine art' print? What differences do you need to consider when deciding to make larger prints (A2 and above). Larger prints are that work are far more than just more megapixels, sharper lenses and big printers.
- Keith Cooper’s talks about printmaking Keith Cooper talks about making large prints at The Photography Show 2017 - Getting great looking big prints from your work. From camera to print, the complete workflow
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks