Printers and printing – making better prints
Suggest a product review or article?
See our Review guidelines for more details.
More specialist index pages
- Keith’s photo blog
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s printing and paper articles and reviews
Printer and paper reviews, along with articles about making better prints.
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper review Fotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Keith Cooper’s paper reviews Keith's photo paper reviews - collected data from all the papers for printing photos that we've tested over the years. Helpful if you can't get them where you live. Matt, satin, lustre and glossy
- Topaz Gigapixel AI updated to V4 Topaz have updated their Gigapixel AI resizing software to V4. The new version offers improved speed and image quality with improved resizing and workflow. Free update for existing users (Free 30 day trial and reduced price for new until April 5th)
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- Printing low megapixel images at large size Printing low megapixel images at large size, looking at resizing and image editing techniques that let you make larger prints than you thought possible. Getting good prints at A2 and 17" x 25" sizes
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Better photography by printing your work Better Photography from prints. Printing your photos is a useful skill to work on. 5 steps towards getting great prints that will help you improve all of your photography
- Epson Fine Art paper range Epson Fine Art paper range - smooth and textured surface cotton fine-art papers. Available in natural and bright finsh, sheet and roll format
- Simple Inkjet printer cleaning Cleaning old, clogged and dried up ink from inkjet printers using commonly available household cleaning products. Common solvents and additives quickly cut though ink buildup. A look at different household cleaners and how they can help shift dried up printer ink
- Topaz AI GigaPixel review Topaz AI GigaPixel software review. Testing Topaz's image resizing software on a range of sample images and testing results on screen and as large prints, Standalone app lets you resize to 600% and handles huge files
- Epson SureLab SL-D700 review Review of the Epson SureLab SL-D700 six colour photo printer. Supports roll media from 102-210mm wide. Prints up to 1 metre in length, with built in cutter
- Fotospeed Metallic Lustre paper review Fotospeed Metallic Lustre 275 gsm paper review. A microporous coated paper with a metallic lustre surface finish, for dye and pigment inks. A4 sheet to 44" roll sizes available
- A photo print of some bright red flowers Making a photo print of some bright red cactus flowers. Looking at how colour spaces and gamut affects such strong colours. How making a basic print of a flower illustrates some printer, paper and colour management choices
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3000 review Testing the Canon TX-3000 36" width printer. Keith Cooper reviews the Canon TX wide format printer and plotter for photo and graphics printing. Also covers the 24" TX-2000 printer and 44" TX-4000
- Looking for a bigger photo printer Important questions to ask yourself when looking for a bigger photo printer wider than 13 inch width or A3+. Things that it's useful to know if you want a 17" (A2) or larger printer, it's about more than just bigger prints.
- Why your prints look wrong Why do your photo prints not look right? Fixing print problems. From prints too dark, and prints not matching your screen, Keith Cooper looks at ten of the most common reasons that your prints might not work
- Fotospeed Matt art papers review Fotospeed Platinum Cotton 305 and Cotton Etching 305 matt art papers review. Cotton acid free fine art paper. Natural white smooth and Etching finish bright white
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-2000 Canon have announced the imagePROGRAF TX-2000 and TX-3000 printers. 24" and 44" pigment inkjet printers for CAD/GIS and poster reproduction. Dual roll media support.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks