The original info pages – since 2004.
Every speculation and product announcement we’ve ever covered.
Rumours… We receive all kinds – some more believable/risible than others. Whilst we’ve moved over all the old stuff from our previous site, these pages reflect the changes in the camera market over the last few years – that and our concentration on more useful (‘real’) information.
I’m still tweaking aspects of design of the new site – thanks for all the feedback -Keith
>>Visit the main rumours page directly<<
This page is just one of hundreds of rumour free reviews and articles on the site – See Keith’s Photography blog for the latest articles and news.
Click on the tabs below to see the different sections – most recent posts are at the top of any list.
Buying anything via our links costs you nothing more, but helps me expand the site. There is just myself writing and maintaining it
Our articles will always be free - If you use ad blockers - OK, but please consider supporting our site in some way? - Keith
Adorama Canon deals | B&H Canon promotions | Amazon.Com deals | Open box Amazon.uk | Amazon.com
B&H Deals of the week | Amazon UK deals collection | Wex (UK) deals | Adorama EF11-24 | B&H EF11-24 (Keith's Review)
Epson P800 Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&H | Adorama see review | P600 Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&H | Adorama see review
Epson XP-960 (review) - Amazon US | B&H | Adorama | Amazon UK | Epson P400 (review) AmazonUS|AmazonUK|B&H|Adorama
Canon PRO-2000 (review) - B&H | Amazon US | Adorama | PRO-1000 (review) - B&H|Amazon US|Adorama
Canon 5D mk4 (and new lenses) from B&H | Adorama | Amazon US | Canon W-E1 ($40) - B&H
Update See the Canon Store now with UK Winter cashback offers for various savings on Canon kit.
MacPhun Luminar (review) : Special Aurora offer: March - 1st April 2017
Today’s 7 most recent rumour updates
Click on the ‘+’ sections below to see all current rumour pages
Most recent Camera updates (firmware etc.)
More information in ‘+’ sections below…
All Canon and general camera/lens info. and speculation
Rumours sorted by date – most recent fist
- Canon camera rumours and information 25th March 2017 Canon rumours/patents and misc. information
- Canon EOS 6D mk2 24th March 2017 Updated 6D full frame Canon DSLR
- Canon EF Lenses – rumours and news 22nd March 2017 Rumours and News about Canon EF Lenses
- EOS video 22nd March 2017 Rumours and news about Canon EOS video lenses and cameras.
- EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R mk2 10th March 2017 EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R mk2
- EOS 150D / EOS SL2 / Kiss X8 7th March 2017 150D - A small DSLR to update the 100D??
- Mirrorless camera rumours 3rd March 2017 Mirrorless rumours for Canon and other makes
- Medium format rumours, Canon & others 28th February 2017 Medium format rumours and news. Incl. Canon
- Canon EOS 90D rumours 15th February 2017 Canon EOS 90D rumours
- EOS 850D Rebel T8 rumours 15th February 2017 EOS 850D / T8 rumours 800D/77D replacement
- Canon EOS 1400D rumours 8th November 2016 Canon EOS 1400D rumours
- Canon EOS 5D Mark 5 26th August 2016 Canon EOS 5D Mark 5
- Canon EOS 7D Mark 3 25th July 2016 Rumours/info for the EOS 7D mk2 replacement
- Canon EOS 9D (Rumours) 24th June 2016 EOS 9D Canon DSLR rumours
- Canon 1D X Mk3 info and rumours 2nd February 2016 Canon EOS 1D X mk3 rumours
- Canon 1D Xs (or 1Ds X) 11th September 2015 Rumours and information for Canon 1D Xs (or 1Ds X)
- Canon EOS 3D DSLR 26th June 2015 The long predicted EOS 3D - Canon high MP camera rumours
- Canon 8D DSLR 24th June 2014 Rumours related to Canon 8D DSLR
All our Canon cameras (current/discontinued), updates/firmware and info
Canon camera info by model
- EOS 5D Mark 4 22nd March 2017 Canon 5D mark 4 information
- EOS 800D / Rebel T7i – 77D 22nd March 2017 Canon 800D/T71 & 77D info/updates
- Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera 22nd March 2017 Canon EOS-M6 info and updates
- Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera 1st March 2017 Canon EOS-M5 info and updates
- Canon 1D X Mk2 info and reviews 15th February 2017 Canon EOS 1Dx 2 DSLR info and reviews.
- EOS 1300D – Rebel T7 info and reviews 10th November 2016 Canon 1300D info and reviews
- EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R information 2nd November 2016 EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R information
- Canon EOS 7D Mark 2 information and reviews 8th September 2016 Canon EOS 7D Mk2 Info / updates / reviews
- Canon EOS 80D – info and reviews 1st July 2016 Rumours about the Canon EOS 80D DSLR
- EOS 750D /T6i and 760D /T6s info and reviews 16th June 2016 EOS 750D and 760D info / updates / reviews
- EOS 1200D – Rebel T5 info and reviews 10th March 2016 EOS 1200D - Rebel T5 info / updates / reviews
- Canon 1D X information and reviews 2nd February 2016 Canon 1D X information and reviews
- Canon EOS M3 mirrorless camera info 27th August 2015 Canon EOS M3 mirrorless camera info
- EOS 700D – Rebel T5i info 18th April 2015 Canon 700D/ T5i info / reviews / updates
- Canon EOS 70D info and news 6th March 2015 Canon 60D info / updates / reviews
- Canon EOS M and M2 6th February 2015 Canon EOS M and M2 info / updates / reviews
- Canon EOS 5D Mark 3 information 29th January 2015 Canon EOS 5D Mark 3 Info / updates / reviews
- EOS 7D and 7DSV info and updates 24th May 2014 Canon EOS 7D and 7DSV info
- EOS 100D / EOS SL1 info 16th April 2014 EOS 100D / EOS SL1 info / updates / reviews
- EOS 6D info and news 19th March 2014 Canon 6D info / reviews / updates
- Canon 1D Mk4 info and updates 30th July 2013 Canon 1D Mk4 info and updates
- Canon EOS 1D Mk3 information 30th July 2013 EOS 1D Mk3 news/info/reviews
- Canon 1Ds Mk3 (EOS-1Ds MkIII) 30th July 2013 EOS 1Ds Mk3 news, updates and information
- EOS 650D – Rebel T4i info and reviews 15th June 2013 650D - Rebel T4i info, updates and reviews
- EOS 50D Info and news/reviews 6th June 2013 Canon 50D updates / info / reviews
- EOS 5D Mark II information and updates 24th December 2012 EOS 5D Mark II information and updates
- EOS 600D – Rebel T3i info and reviews 19th October 2012 Canon EOS 600D info / updates / reviews
- Canon EOS 60D, 60Da info 14th August 2012 60D, 60Da info / updates / reviews
- EOS 550D – Rebel T2i info and reviews 16th April 2012 Canon 550D info / updates / reviews
- EOS 1000D – Rebel Xs info and reviews 16th April 2012 EOS 1000D - Rebel Xs info / updates / reviews
- EOS 450D – Rebel XSi info and reviews 16th April 2012 Canon EOS 450D info / updates / reviews
- EOS 1100D – Rebel T3 info and reviews 19th October 2011 EOS 1100D - Rebel T3 info / updates / reviews
- EOS 500D – Rebel T1i info and reviews 23rd February 2010 Canon EOS 500D info / updates / reviews
- Canon EOS 40D info 15th June 2009 Info and links about the Canon 40D
- EOS 400D – Rebel XTi info and reviews 5th January 2009 Canon EOS 400D info / updates / reviews
- Canon 1D Mk2 N – comparison with 1D Mk2 3rd August 2006 Canon 1D Mk2 N - comparison with 1D Mk2
- EOS-1Ds Mk2 info 31st July 2006 Canon 1Ds Mk2 info and updates
Camera tests, AF adjustment, software, sensor sizes and battery info
Camera information articles
- Install Canon camera software without CD 21st March 2017 Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Replacement Canon camera battery guide 15th March 2016 EOS Canon Camera batteries. Short guide to the range of batteries used in Canon EOS DSLR cameras for power and maintenance of date and time
- Camera AF Microadjustment 1st February 2013 Checking for front or back focus with camera AF. Fine-tuning camera autofocus setup. AF Microadjustment without special tools or the need to spend any money.
Canon camera tests/experiments by Keith
- Canon 5Ds print performance 15th July 2015 Evaluating the Canon 5Ds in terms of real world print performance with a great lens, specifically comparing prints taken with the 11MP EOS 1Ds and 21MP EOS 1Ds mk3. Prints edited and optimised for each camera at a range of sizes
- Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III impressions 23rd May 2015 Initial thoughts and longer term view of using the Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 DSLR. First used in November 2007, it was Keith Cooper's main camera until May 2015
- Out with the 60D 30th March 2011 Some experiences using the Canon EOS 60D with a range of lenses. Trying out Canon's mid level crop sensor DSLR, supplied by Canon UK
- The swivel screen on the 60D 29th March 2011 What use is the Canon EOS 60 D flip out screen? Some quick experiments find that it's not so much of a gimmick as some might think.
- Canon EOS 60D – opening the box 27th March 2011 First steps in using the Canon EOS 60D. We're testing the 60D and will have a series of review articles. This covers setting up the camera for the first time and some of the adjustments and settings required. A good solidly built camera, with clear viewfinder and a good swivel LCD
- Architecture and the 7D 12th December 2009 Some test photos taken one foggy morning with the Canon 7D and the wide angle TS-E17 shift lens. Using a shift lens hand-held for architectural shots
- Out at night with the 7D 8th December 2009 Out at night with a Canon 7D. How does it handle shooting at high ISO and how should you process the images you take with it
- 1Ds3/7D quick detail check 6th December 2009 Some comparisons between image detail in the Canon 1Ds mk3 and 7D. How the finer pixel pitch of the sensor affects resolution
- Some EOS 7D examples 5th December 2009 Sample photographs from a first test of the Canon 7D - what's it like to use. A short trip round my local area, Narborough Road in Leicester
- Looking at AF and manual focus for the 7D 3rd December 2009 Looking at AF and manual focus functionality for the Canon EOS 7D. Some initial testing with moving objects and old lenses
- Out with the Canon 7D 1st December 2009 I'm working on some more detailed looks at aspects of the Canon 7D, but I thought I'd write up a few more 'first impressions' of using the camera. Thanks for all the questions - I'll try and address as many as possible whilst I've got the camera.
- Looking at the Canon EOS 7D 30th November 2009 First thoughts - Looking at the Canon EOS 7D, initial experiments and testing of Canon's top crop sensor camera, just loaned to me by Canon UK
- Controlling a 1Ds3 via a WFT-E2 and iPhone 13th November 2009 Using the iPhone to connect to a Canon WFT-E2 wireless adapter attached to a Canon 1Ds Mk3. Remote control of the camera with a web browser over an ad hoc network.
- Canon 7D Noise and ISO – looking at the 1Ds3 28th October 2009 A quick comparison of image noise at 3200 ISO. How does the maximum ISO setting of the full frame 1Ds mk3 compare with similar setting of the Canon 7D
- Ricoh GX200 camera review 7th November 2008 Camera usage review of the Ricoh Caplio GX200 12MP compact camera with 24-72mm equivalent zoom lens. Testing includes EVF viewfinder and teleconverter.
- Canon 1Ds Mark III image misalignment fix 23rd August 2008 Notes concerning Canon UK service and full repair of a new EOS 1Ds mark 3 camera with a viewfinder misalignment.
- Canon 1Ds Mark III viewfinder misalignment 21st August 2008 Problems with some early model Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 cameras where the viewfinder and sensor were incorrectly aligned, with a tilt
- Ricoh Caplio GX100 camera review 29th June 2007 Review of the Caplio GX100 compact camera from Ricoh. Looking at overall performance and the benefits of being able to shoot in RAW format.
Camera sensor sizes
|Type||Diagonal (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Area (mm2)||Crop factor|
|m4/3 · 4/3" (Four Thirds)||21.60||17.30||13||225||2.00|
|Sigma Foveon X3||24.90||20.70||13.80||286||1.74|
|General APS-C (Nikon, Pentax, Sony/Minolta, Samsung)||28.2-28.4||23.6-23.7||15.60||368-370||1.52-1.54|
|35mm Full-frame, Nikon D3, Nikon D700||43.2-43.3||36||23.9-24.3||860-864||1.0|
|Kodak KAF 39000 CCD||61.30||49||36.80||1803||0.71|
|Leaf AFi 10||66.57||56||36||2016||0.65|
|Phase One P 65+, IQ160, IQ180||67.40||53.90||40.40||2178||0.64|
All our Nikon & Sony information - cameras and lenses
Nikon / Sony info
- Sony FF DSLR rumours and info 20th March 2017 Sony FF DSLR rumours and info
- Nikon info and rumours 11th March 2017 Nikon news, speculation and rumours
Camera info/news/updates by model
- Nikon D500 information 7th March 2017 Nikon D500 camera information reviews and updates
- Nikon D5 information, reviews and updates 24th June 2016 Nikon D5 info, reviews, updates
- Nikon D4 and D4s info 26th November 2015 Nikon D4 and D4s info / updates / reviews
- Nikon D800 – D800E 17th June 2013 Nikon D800 & D800E info / review / updates
- Nikon D600 information 2nd April 2013 Nikon' D600 Info / updates / reviews
- Nikon D700 info and updates 25th February 2012 Nikon D700 info / reviews / updates
- Sony A900/850 full frame DSLR 3rd October 2011 Sony A900/850 full frame DSLR
- Nikon D3/D3s info 17th April 2010 Nikon D3 /D3s info / updates / reviews
- Nikon D300 and D300s info 30th July 2009 Nikon D300 and D300s info
- Nikon D3x information 19th February 2009 Nikon D3x info / updates
All of our Lens information, reviews, articles and tests
Lens articles, reviews and tests
- FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software review 13th March 2017 Review of FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software. The software from Reikan automates camera autofocus microadjustment for many Nikon and Canon cameras that have the feature. Works for Mac and Windows and includes additional functions for evaluating some aspects of lens performance.
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art review 21st February 2017 Review of the Sigma 12-14mm f4 lens. Ultra wide angle zoom lens tested on the Canon 5Ds. Review looks at the challenges of making effective use of a very wide angle lens and how it performs from a handling, sharpness and distortion viewpoint. Includes a brief comparison with the Canon EF11-24 f4L
- Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens review 7th February 2017 Samyang (Rokinon) 12mm F2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye lens review. Using a fisheye lens for more than obvious 'fisheye' shots. Looking at the unique stereographic projection geometry of the Samyang full frame fisheye lens
- DIY Telecentric macro lenses 8th September 2016 Joining various old lenses together with filter rings and cardboard makes a range of specialist lenses that normally cost thousands of pounds. Simple experiments with telecentric macro lenses.
- Review: LAOWA 12mm f/2.8 ‘Zero-D’ lens 12th July 2016 Review of the new Laowa 12mm f/2.8 ultra wide angle lens. EF mount version is tested on a full frame 50MP Canon 5Ds. A fully manual lens with negligible geometric distortions. The lens tested is a pre-production unit.
- Review: LAOWA 60mm f/2.8 2:1 Macro lens 4th May 2016 (Venus) Laowa 60mm f2.8 2:1 macro lens review. Tested on a Canon 100D as standard and macro lens. Fully manual lens with a range of mount options for different cameras.
- Venus LAOWA 15mm shift macro review 18th April 2016 Review of the Venus Laowa 15mm f4 1:1 macro shift lens. EF mount version tested on a Canon 100D & 5Ds. Fully manual lens combines wide angle, 1:1 macro and has +-6mm of shift
- Canon TS-E17mm f4L 20th July 2015 Information, sample images and review details for the Canon TS-E17mm f4L tilt-shift lens. Tested on a Canon 1Ds mk3 and in 2015 a 50MP 5Ds
- Canon EF 11-24mm f4L review 19th March 2015 Detailed review and testing of the Canon EF11-24 f4L ultra-wide zoom lens. Tested on a full frame Canon 1Ds3 Mk3. Also compared with other wide angle lenses.
- Review Canon EF-S 10-18mm zoom lens 20th June 2014 Review of the Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens, tested on a Canon EOS 100D (SL1). How to use wide angle lenses if you are new to them
- Using old lenses on a modern digital DSLR camera 20th January 2014 Lens adapters allow you to use old lenses on a modern digital DSLR camera. Many old lenses work very well if you can live without autofocus. Performance varies, but it's possible to learn lot of use for the rest of your photography
- Review Samyang-Rokinon 14mm f2-8 20th December 2013 Review of the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC wide angle lens. EF mount version tested on a 21MP Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame camera. Other lens mounts supported.
- Using a shift lens – why not just fix verticals in software 25th October 2013 Using a shift lens to correct image geometry, such as converging verticals, seems like a lot of expense. Why it's better than doing it in software
- Review Samyang 24mm tilt shift lens 25th October 2013 A review of the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC Tilt-Shift Lens, tested on an EF mount Canon 1Ds mk3. Other mounts available.
- Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II 16th April 2013 Information about the Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II tilt shift lens. Sample images and testing with a Canon 1Ds mk3 and 5Ds
- Camera AF Microadjustment 1st February 2013 Checking for front or back focus with camera AF. Fine-tuning camera autofocus setup. AF Microadjustment without special tools or the need to spend any money.
- Alternative focus technique for tilted lens 12th October 2012 A simple iterative procedure for setting optimal focus for a tilted lens. A step by step approach to set the plane of focus where you want it for a tilt/shift lens.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f4 L USM review 14th August 2011 Detailed review of the EF 8-15mm f/4 L USM from Canon. Tested on a full frame DSLR, including software corrections to expand the utility of the lens
- When Hyperfocal focusing is no good 3rd July 2011 Why hyperfocal focusing often fails to give the depth of field that some suggest. A much simpler method that can be of more general use
- What tilt and shift lenses do 27th August 2009 Tilt and Shift lenses. The Canon TS-E 24mm lens review and discussion. What do tilt/shift lenses do? Why can the be so useful
- Modify Canon tilt shift lens 1st December 2007 Changing the shift axis alignment for Canon TS-E lenses, TS-E 90 modification shown. Similar for TS-E45 and TS-E 24 (mark 1 version)
- T-SE 90 review tilt and shift lens 24th February 2007 Review of Canon's TS-E 90mm f/2.8 tilt shift lens. Lens tested on Canon 1Ds full frame camera, includes info on lens modification and use of tilt
Lens information articles on our EFlens.com
- Canon lens date codes – when was your lens made?
- Canon lens launch dates – when was your lens first produced?
- EF-S18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens versions
- Canon EF extenders – technical information
- All Canon EF lenses – reviews and technical information
- Filter sizes for all Canon EF lenses – sorted by size
- The EF lens mount – Mechanical and electrical info.
Lens information and rumour archives
- Canon EF 11-24mm lens information 23rd July 2015 Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 L USM zoom lens information. A collection of information and reviews for Canon's new ultrawide EF lens
- Canon EF 200-400mm f4L IS 25th September 2013 A collection of information and reviews for Canon's new EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXTENDER 1.4x lens. Includes pre-release information
- EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM 3rd December 2012 A collection of information, specifications and links for Canon's new EF EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM lens. Include initial launch info from Canon
- Canon EF 14mm f2.8L II Lens 5th October 2010 Collected information, samples and links for Canon's Mk2 14 mm f/2.8L EF lens
- Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm 27th February 2008 Information and news about the 24mm perspective control (tilt/shift) lens from Nikon, the PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED
All of our printer information, articles and reviews - All makes + Epson timeline
Printer speculation and news
- Latest Canon printer news, updates and rumours 22nd February 2017 New Canon printer news, updates and rumours. All our latest information and rumours about new Canon printers and print related items.
- Latest Epson printer news, updates and rumours 19th January 2017 Epson printer news, updates and rumours. Latest Epson Information. All our latest info on new Epson printers and related items.
- LF printer news, updates and rumours 26th September 2016 All our latest information and assorted rumours about new large format printer related items – mainly for printing aimed at the photo/fine art market
Epson printer timeline
+1 for ink denotes need to swap Mk/Pk ink carts. Links are to reviews about the product by Keith Cooper.
Printer articles – tips and info
- Moving a Canon PRO-2000 printer 21st February 2017 Following on from our PRO-2000 review, it needed shipping back to Canon. There are several options for moving such a printer (or a larger PRO-4000), the one we needed uses up a lot of ink. Take care when installing your large format printer if you ever intend to move it.
- New firmware for Canon PRO-2000 22nd October 2016 Canon has released new firmware for the imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 printer. This corrects a few minor errors and makes a number of minor changes. It is a recommended update for all PRO-2000 users
- Canon PRO-2000, 4000 printer setup and installation 2nd August 2016 Assembly and initial setup for the Canon iPF PRO-2000 and PRO-4000 large format printer. Features print head and ink installation and initial configuration, including printer software and network connection.
- How much ink is there in my cartridges 4th October 2014 Estimated printer ink capacities for different cartridge types for OEM inkjet printers from different manufacturers (Canon, Epson and HP)
- Printer Test Images 16th April 2014 Collection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- So, you want a large format printer? 22nd February 2014 Issues and questions that you might want to think about before getting a large format printer. Do you print enough prints for example? What are you going to do with all those prints?
- Replacing Canon large format printheads – iPF8300 / PF05 25th January 2014 Replacing a Canon large format printhead on the 44" iPF8300 / PF05 printer after one fails. Canon large format print heads are a consumable part and fully user replaceable.
- Cleaning Canon printheads – iPF8300 – PF05 22nd January 2014 Cleaning and replacing the printheads - on a Canon iPF8300 large format printer, with the PF-05 printhead. Canon large format print heads are a user replaceable part. Whilst cleaning might help, it could be that you need a new print head.
- Changing the Canon iPF8300 MC-08 maintenance cartridge 8th December 2013 Changing the maintenance cartridge (waste ink tank) on large format Canon iPF printers. Example shows MC-08 cartridge on an iPF8300 44" printer
- Media settings – Printer Test Images 8th November 2009 Test images for optimising media settings when printing. Essential to check before profiling papers to know if too much (or too little) ink is being used for the particular paper chosen
- Error codes and information for Epson 7800 and 9800 9th October 2009 Collected information about the Epson Stylus Pro 7800 24 inch, and 9800 44 inch width large format printers, including error codes and service manual info
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 7600 and 9600 8th October 2009 How to make cartridges always read full by deactivating the ink level counter on the SP7600 and SP9600 Epson large format printers. To be used with care, but useful if you wanted to re-fill your ink carts
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7880 and 9880 8th June 2009 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson SP7880 and SP9880 printers, reducing ink waste. Use with care
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7800 and 9800 8th May 2009 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson 7800/9800 printers, reducing ink waste.
- Fixes and tips for the Epson 4800 large format printers 9th October 2008 Collected information, fixes and tips for the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 large format printers, including MNT REQ 0088 and service manual information
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 4000 9th October 2008 Ensuring that ink cartridges always read as full on the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17" printer. Turning off the ink counter is an alternative to using a chip reset device.
- Swap black ink on the Epson 4880 Printer 8th October 2008 A different way of swapping black ink types on the Epson 4880 printer that reduces ink waste compared to the official technique. Use with care
- Error codes and maintenance tank reset SP4000 8th May 2008 Error codes, maintenance tank reset and service manual information for the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17 inch width pigment ink printer.
- Maintenance tank in Epson large format printers 8th October 2007 Looking at the maintenance tank in some large format Epson printers. How to reset it when full so that it can continue to be used. Use this technique with care, since overflows are very messy.
- Ultrachrome inks in an Epson 10000 large format printer 30th October 2006 Conversion of an Epson SP10000 dye based ink printer to use Ultrachrome pigment based inks and carts from an Epson 10600. Changing ink types
- Error codes and service manual for the 7600 and 9600 8th October 2006 Fixes and tips along with important error code information for the Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600 large format printers. Service manual information.
- Simple Inkjet printer cleaning 8th October 2005 Cleaning old, clogged and dried up ink from inkjet printers using commonly available household cleaning products. Common solvents and additives quickly cut though ink buildup. A look at different household cleaners and how they can help shift dried up printer ink
- Swapping the black ink on the Epson 7600 and 9600 8th June 2004 Black ink swap - An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson 7600/9600 printers, reducing ink waste.
Detailed printer reviews
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 printer review 14th August 2016 Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 24" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a gloss optimiser coat. Dual roll feed option. Roll and sheet media tested, including a print over 7m long.
- Canon PRO-1000 printer review 8th May 2016 Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a colour optimiser coat. Tested for colour and B&W printing on a range of media types. Paper sixes up to A2, with borderless print options.
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review 23rd March 2016 Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- Canon iPF8300 review and notes 18th February 2016 Ongoing Canon iPF8300 review and notes about using the imagePROGRAF iPF8300 44 inch large format printer, by Keith Cooper. Notes date back to setting up the printer in November 2010
- Epson SureColor SC-P400 printer review 22nd December 2015 Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P400 13 inch width (A3+) pigment ink printer. Wide range of media and prints on roll paper up to 3.2m long
- HP ENVY 5540 printer review 26th November 2015 Review of the All-in-one HP Envy 5540 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer. A4 print size with double sided (duplex) printing and 6x4 borderless photo printing
- Epson SureColor SC-P800 printer review 20th April 2015 Detailed review of the Epson SureColor P800 printer. A2 sheet paper (17" width) and roll paper support. Tested with a variety of paper types, colour and B&W
- Epson SureColor P600 printer review 15th January 2015 Detailed Epson SureColor P600 review. The SC-P600 is an A3 plus (13" width) pigment ink printer tested with different papers for colour and black & white. It supports borderless printing, roll paper and CD/DVD printing
- Epson SureColor P600 initial setup 14th January 2015 Setting up the Epson SC-P600 A3plus (13 inch width) printer. Installing inks, drivers and connecting the printer to your computer.
- Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer review 15th August 2014 Detailed review of the Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer. A 13" width (A3+ paper size) dye ink based printer for colour and black and white.
- Canon iPF6400 – 6450 printer review 22nd July 2013 Detailed review of the imagePROGRAF iPF6450 (ipF6400) 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and print setup for colour and black and white
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use 15th July 2013 Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use, including basic testing of printing and measuring patches with the SU-21 using the supplied Canon software.
- Canon iPF6450-6400 setup and assembly 20th May 2013 Assembly and setup guide for the Canon imagePROGRAF 6400 and 6450 printer. Unpacking, and installation of PF05 printheads and ink
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup 15th May 2013 Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup guide. Initial setup and attachment for the SU21 X-Rite spectro on the 24" large format printer.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2000 review 14th May 2013 Epson Stylus Photo R2000 full review, using the SP R2000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white printing, with custom ICC profiles
- Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review 15th April 2013 Detailed Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types up to A3 plus size (13" width)
- Printer review – Canon Pixma Pro-1 22nd November 2012 Detailed review of the Canon Pixma Pro-1, a 12 ink A3+ (13inch) printer for colour and black and white printing. Tested on a range of paper types and sizes.
- Canon iPF5100 printer review 27th December 2011 Detailed review testing the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5100 17 inch width large format printer. Sheet and roll paper, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types.
- Epson Stylus Pro SP4900 review 23rd October 2011 Review of the Stylus Pro SP4900 11 colour 17 inch (A2) printer from Epson. Setup and printing. Includes fitting and use of the optional Spectroproofer unit.
- Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review 4th September 2011 Detailed Epson Stylus Photo R3000 review. Using the SP R3000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white photo printing
- Canon iPF6300 review 15th July 2010 Canon iPF6300 review, testing the imagePROGRAF iPF6300 24 inch large format printer, for colour and black and white fine art printing.
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 review 4th May 2010 Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers. Colour and black and white printing
- Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mk II review 1st March 2010 Detailed Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mk II review, using the Canon 9500 II A3+ printer for colour and black and white photo printing.
- HP DesignJet Z3200 review 10th October 2009 Detailed review of the HP DesignJet Z3200. Testing the Z3200ps 24 inch large format printer with fine art and photo media, including profiling and colour management, for colour and black and white printing.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2880 review 4th September 2009 Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 2880 printer. Desktop printer is 13 inch print width and takes A3+ sheets and roll, photo and fine art papers for colour and monochrome printing.
- Canon iPF6100 review 30th July 2009 Full review of the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6100 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and profiling for all printing on different media types. Colour and black and white printing.
- Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer review 29th June 2008 Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer. Large format printer is 24 inch print width and takes roll paper and sheet media, photo and fine art papers. Inc. 7880/9880 error codes
- Epson Stylus Pro 4880 review 29th April 2008 Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 17" A2+ Printer. Large desktop printer tested with a range of sheet and roll paper and fine-art and photo media types
- Epson Stylus Pro 3800 review 29th June 2007 Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers.
Printer information/update pages
- New Canon large format Mac-Win printer software 22nd February 2017 New software and drivers released for Canon large format printers which also fixes MacOS 10.12 colour management issues. Supports x400 series and x300 series printers and iPF5100
- Canon PRO-1000 inkjet printer info 20th February 2017 Information about the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17 inch pigment Ink based inkjet printer. 12 inks in total, including a gloss optimiser coat (80ml carts)
- Epson SureColor SC-P5000 STD Printer announced 19th January 2017 Latest information about the new SureColor P5000 17" large format printer from Epson. The replacement for the SP4900 A2 sized desktop printer.
- Two new Canon PIXMA printers 12th July 2016 Two new printers from Canon. The Canon Pixma MG3050 (£69.99)and MG255OS (£44.99) use a hybrid ink system (dye and pigment-based inks) to deliver ‘vivid, vibrant colours’. Both are Wi-Fi enabled, allowing images to be printed direct from a smartphone or computer via the Canon PRINT app
- Canon PRO-2000, PRO-4000 large format printers 4th March 2016 Canon PRO-2000 (24"), PRO-4000 (44") large format printers replace the iPF6400/iPF8400 large format printers. New ink set and single PF-10 printhead
- Epson SureColor SC-P6000 and SC-P7000 info 24th September 2015 Epson's new 24" and 44" printers to replace the 7890/7900 and 9890/9900. See our full SC-P7000 review for details. This page covers more general printer information from product launch.
- Epson SC-T7200, T5200, T3200, SureColor inkjet printers 23rd April 2014 Epson SureColor information for the new SC-Tx200 series of large format printers in April 2014. Epson SC-T7200, T5200, T3200 features and info
- Canon iPF 6400, 6450, 8400 and 9400 printer info 22nd July 2013 Product information and review links for Canon imagePROGRAF 6400, 6450, 8400 and 9400 large format printers (24, 44 and 60 inch print widths)
- Canon Pixma Pro-1 A3plus Pigment Ink based inkjet printer 24th November 2011 Product launch information for the Canon Pixma Pro-1, a 12 ink A3Plus (13inch carriage width) printer for colour and black and white printing.
- Stylus Pro 7900 and Stylus Pro 9900 info 10th November 2011 The Epson Stylus Pro 7900 (24 inch) and Stylus Pro 9900 (44 inch). Inks include photo black, light black and light light black - plus cyan, light cyan, vivid magenta, vivid light magenta, yellow, orange, and green. Matte black is also included on-board and can be auto-switched with photo black
- Canon imagePROGRAF 6300, 6350, 8300 info 17th February 2011 Launch information and articles/review links for the Canon imagePROGRAF 6300, 6350, 8300 large format printers (24" and 44" print width)
- Epson Stylus Photo R3000 13 inch printer 17th January 2011 Information about the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 A3+ Pigment Ink based inkjet printer. Similarities to the 3800 with UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta ink and LCD display
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 A2 printer 21st October 2010 Epson Stylus Pro 4900 A2 (17 inch width) medium format printer information. 11 colour UltraChrome HDR ink set includes orange and green inks
- Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 info 21st October 2010 The Stylus Pro 9890 and Stylus Pro 7890 replacements for the Epson Stylus Pro 9880 and 7880 - large format printer information and updates.
- Epson wide format printer – 64 inch SP11880 30th July 2010 This page contains information we've collected on Epson's extra wide format Stylus Pro 11880 (64") printer with UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta.
- Epson 64 inch Stylus Pro GS6000 29th May 2008 Collected information for the Epson Super wide format printer - 64 inch Stylus Pro GS6000. Eco solvent for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Epson Stylus Photo 1400 13 inch printer 23rd May 2008 Model information for the Epson Stylus Photo 1400 A3+ Dye based ink printer. 13 inch width printer with extended life Claria Photographic Ink
- Epson Stylus Photo R1900 13 inch printer 6th May 2008 Epson Stylus Photo R1900 A3+ Pigment Ink based ink printer. It's the replacement for the R1800 and has an all new range of inks, including Orange and a gloss optimiser for getting better glossy prints.
- Epson Stylus pro 4880 A2 printer information 30th November 2007 Epson Stylus pro 4880 A2 (17 inch width) large format printer information. Includes UltraChrome K3 nine ink set with Vivid Magenta Ink.
- The Stylus Pro 9880 and Stylus Pro 7880 info 5th November 2007 Collected info for the Epson 7880 and Epson 9880 large format printers. With Epson’s UltraChrome K3 ink with the new 'Vivid Magenta'
- Epson Stylus pro 4800 A2 information 1st June 2005 Collected Epson stylus pro 4800 A2 printer information. Ultra chrome K3 pigment ink based 17inch width printer. Includes SP4400 details
- SP9800 and SP7800 printer information 10th May 2005 Information about the SP9800 and SP7800 replacements for the Epson Stylus Pro 9600 and 7600 24" and 44" large format printers
- Epson SP4000 A2 printer info 1st October 2003 Specifications, details, articles, and reviews about the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 A2 (17 inch width) 8 colour pigment ink printer (Maxart PX-6000)
Everything ... Archived rumours/info - going back to 2004
Archived rumour pages – sorted by most recent update
- Canon rumours archive page 2016 31st December 2016 Canon rumours / info 2016 archive
- Archive page lens news rumours for 2016 26th December 2016 Lens news and rumours archive 2015
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2015 28th December 2015 Lens news and rumours archive 2015
- Canon rumours archive page – 2015 27th December 2015 Canon rumours archive page - 2015
- Nikon rumours archive pre2016 24th December 2015 Nikon rumours archive 2008-16
- Canon rumours archive page – 2014 31st December 2014 Canon rumours archive page - 2014
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2014 31st December 2014 Lens news and rumours archive 2014
- Archive EOS 7D Mark 2 rumours 11th September 2014 Archived 7D Mk2 camera rumours
- Canon rumours archive page – 2013 31st December 2013 Canon rumours archive page - 2013
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2013 29th December 2013 Lens news and rumours archive 2013
- Canon rumours archive page – 2012 31st December 2012 Canon rumours archive page - 2012
- Mirrorless camera rumour archive 2009-2012 31st December 2012 Mirrorless rumour archive 2009-12
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2012 23rd December 2012 Lens news and rumours archive 2012
- Medium format rumours archive 2006-12 22nd December 2012 Archived medium format rumours 2006-2012
- Archive EOS 5D Mark 3 rumours 1st March 2012 Archived EOS 5D Mark 3 rumours
- Canon rumours archive page – 2011 31st December 2011 Canon rumours archive page - 2011
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2011 16th December 2011 Lens news and rumours archive 2011
- Canon 1Ds Mk4 rumours 18th October 2011 Canon 1Ds Mk4 rumours
- Canon 1Ds mk5 11th October 2011 Archived 1Ds 5 rumours
- Canon rumours archive page – 2010 31st December 2010 Canon rumours archive page - 2010
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2010 26th December 2010 Lens news and rumours archive 2010
- Canon rumours archive page – 2009 31st December 2009 Canon rumours archive page - 2009
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2009 20th December 2009 Lens news and rumours archive 2009
- Canon 1D Mk4 rumours 2008-9 19th October 2009 Canon 1D Mk4 rumours 2008-9
- Canon rumours and 7D archive pre 2009 27th August 2009 Canon rumours & 7D archive pre Aug 2009
- Canon 5D mark 2 info archive 31st December 2008 The 5D mk2 archive info
- Archive page of lens news and rumours from 2008 29th December 2008 Lens news and rumours archive 2008
- EOS 5D Mark II rumours 16th September 2008 EOS 5D Mark II rumours 08
- EOS 5D Mark II rumour archive 30th May 2008 5d mk2 rumours archive
- Archive page of lens news and rumours 2006,7 27th December 2007 Canon EF Lens rumours - 2006-7 archive
- 5D mk2 original rumour page 30th November 2007 5D mk2 initial rumours
- 1Ds Mk3 rumours Feb-Aug 2007 27th August 2007 Archive of 1Ds Mk3 rumours Feb-Aug 2007
- EOS 40D rumour archive 18th August 2007 EOS 40D rumour archive
- Canon 1Ds Mk3 rumours 31st January 2007 1Ds3 rumours archive pre 2007
Canon camera timeline
|Best||Full||1Ds||1Ds Mk II||1Ds Mk III||1D X||1DX II|
|1.3||1D||1D Mk II||1D MkIIn||1D Mk III||1D Mk IV|
|5D||5D Mk II||5D Mk III||5D Mk IV|
|1.6||7D||7D Mk II|
|Micro||1.6||100D SL1 X7|
|Entry||1.6||1000D / XS / F||1100D / T3 / X50||1200D T5 X70||1300D T6|
Note: dates start in announcement quarter, not shipping dates.
Video capable 4k | Digic | Digic 2 | Digic 3 dual | Digic 4 dual | Digic 5 dual | Digic 6 dual | Digic 7 dual
Nikon Camera timeline
Video capable 4k No focus motor
It's for people interested in any aspects of modern Black and White photography: Digital Black and White
Keith's new cameras and lenses (UK) come from: Park Cameras.
Keith gets our all his UK used camera equipment and lenses from: MPB
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]