...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: Nikon PC-E 24mmKeith Cooper looks at performance and how to use the Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED tilt/shift or perspective control lens on the mirrorless Z7 camera (22m 32s)
- Video: Epson ET-8550 setupKeith Cooper looks Epson ET-8550 A3+ (13 inch width) EcoTank multifunction printer setup and initial installation. Includes filling the ink tanks and networking (25m 43s)
- Video: Skills and changes in your photo businessProfessional photography as a changing business - Two videos: Changing your skills, and learning new ones (10m 30s) and changing your business models over time (5m 40s)
- Video: Why prints come out wrong and what to doKeith looks at the top reasons photo prints don't come out right, along with the steps needed to fix your print problems. Based on years of sorting out print problems for photographers (22m 30s)
- Video: Where are the high quality A4 photo printersWhy you don't get high quality photo and fine art printers at A4 or Letter size. What features do you get with larger printers apart from the ability to make larger sizes photo prints (6m 30s)
- Video: What printer marketing doesn’t tell youWhat printer marketing doesn't say. Keith Cooper looks how much better prints you will get from a new printer and why it probably won't be significantly different from the last model (13m 20s)
- The Paragon 500mm f8 lensTesting a manual focus Paragon 500mm f8 long focus lens on a Canon RP mirrorless full frame camera with adapters. Is it worth the few pounds paid for it
- Fine tuning black and white photo printingFine tuning black and white photo printing with a flatbed scanner when using using monochrome print settings such as Epson ABW or Canon Black and White photo print modes. Test for optimal media settings. Print linearisation with curves.
- Dual illuminant DNG profilesQuickly creating DNG dual illuminant camera profiles for testing lenses, cameras, & lighting under variable lighting conditions. using an X-Rite colorchecker card and their free camera calibrations software.
- Disk Drill recovery and photo backupsDisk Drill file and photo recovery software and photo backups for Macintosh and Windows. Backup strategies for photographers, so you shouldn't be caught out
- ImageNest RIP review: V5 updateImagenest Version 5. Mac based RIP handles image layout and sizing for printing to any connected printer. Image nesting and full control over colour management.
- Upsizing and sharpening for making a printEditing, sharpening and upsizing part of an old digital photo from a 10MP camera to make an A2 sized print. Image resizing for larger prints and why your editing workflow matters.
- Topaz Sharpen AI updateTopaz Sharpen AI image sharpening software updated to V2. Adds batch processing and masking of the images sharpening. Smart sharpening and shake reduction
- Using effects lens filtersAfter being given some assorted lens filters dating back to film days, Keith wonders if they are still of any use with modern digital cameras and how B&W film 'emulation' has its limits.
- Fixing converging verticals without a shift lensSimple image edits can simulate the results of using a shift lens, if you edit your image the right way and can tolerate the need to crop the resulting image.
- Teleconverters and lens tiltLens tilt using extenders such as the Canon Extender EF 1.4x III What are the effects of using teleconverters with tilt lenses such as the TS-E17, TS-E24mm and TS-E90mm
- Adapted lens – Soligor 300mm f5.5Adapted lens experiments - Soligor 300mm f5.5 on an RF mount EOS RP mirrorless camera. Using adapters on a manual focus telephoto from 1975 on a modern mirrorless camera
- Black and white linearisation with the i1Pro 3Updated linearisation for black and white printing with the X-Rite i1Pro3 spectrophotometer. Using the free chart measurement features of i1Profiler. Includes files and data for incorporating test strips into printer test images
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 reviewReview of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 monitor, scanner and printer profiling package using the i1Pro 3 spectrophotometer. Comparison with i1Pro 3 plus
- KF Concept TC2634 Carbon Tripod reviewThe KF Concept TC2634 lightweight carbon fibre tripod is an improved version of the TC2534 tripod Keith looked at in 2017. With a more robust but smaller head, it now supports 15kg, up from 10kg
- Teleconverters and shift lensesLens shift using extenders such as the Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Looking at the effects of using teleconverters with shift lenses such as the TS-E17 and TS-E24mm and tilt shift lens adapters.
- Fotodiox tilt-shift lens adapterReview of the Fotodiox TLT ROKR tilt-shift lens adapter for mounting medium format lenses on mirrorless cameras. M645 to Canon RF tested. Available also for M645 to Nikon Z along with many other lens/body combination.
- Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head reviewReview of the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and its camera mounting accessories. The head weighs 670g and supports up to 10kg of camera gear. compact and small design.
- K&F camera rucksack and travel bagThe K&F camera rucksack and travel bag - what fits inside this twin compartment lightweight waterproof camera bag.
- Laowa RF 15mm F2 Zero-DReview of the Laowa RF 15mm f/2 Zero-D lens by Venus Optics. Tested on the Canon EOS RP. Wide angle manual focus lens for RF mount (also Nikon Z and Sony FE mounts)
- Rechargeable LED worklight for product photographyA basic battery powered 15W LED worklight is tested for product photography. With over 3 hrs use on a charge, is the light quality good enough? The device doubles as a 6000mAh 22.2Wh USB powerbank
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Landscape PhotographyBook Review: 52 Assignments, Landscape Photography. A collection of 52 project ideas relating to Landscape photography. Lots of suggestions to help expand your photography and experiment.
- Rogeti TSE Frame V3+Rogeti have made their TSE Frame lighter and easier to level. The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US