i1Photo Pro 3 launched
A new i1Pro spectrophotometer for profiling
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
X-Rite have launched a new version of the i1Pro spectrophotometer, the i1Pro 3.
The device is included in the i1Photo Pro 3 package for creating custom camera, monitor, projector, scanner and RGB printer profiles.
Keith Cooper has been testing the new spectrophotometer for a while, and we’ll have a full review in due course.
Product information at X-Rite
The device and software is very similar to the i1Pro 3+ that Keith reviewed in detail a few months ago.
Three generations of i1Pro spectrophotometer.
The i1Pro 3 spectrophotometer has been launched by X-Rite. it features a number of hardware improvements over the old i1Pro2. Keith has been testing one for a while and whilst we’ll have a full review, it’s worth noting that the i1Profiler has been updated to support the new measurement device.
The software is very similar to that covered in detail in the following reviews/articles (newest first)
- i1Display Pro Plus review – monitor calibration
- Review of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 Plus
- i1iO review – the i1Pro 3 uses a new design of i1iO, but works the same as described here
- X-rite i1 Profiler product overview and reviews
- Using the i1iO for black and white linearisation
All of our many X-Rite reviews/articles
Press info for product launch
Ultimate colour accuracy for print perfectionists
NEW i1Photo Pro 3
i1Photo Pro 3 is the new standard of precision for “Colour Perfectionist” photographers looking for complete colour consistency throughout their workflow.
Quickly and easily create custom camera, monitor, projector, scanner and RGB printer profiles, ensuring the colours you capture, view and print are true.
i1Photo Pro 3 combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional-level colour management for photo pros who print, offering the most accurate and consistent colour calibration and profiling from capture to view to print.
- New illuminant design offers full-spectrum LED light source, allowing for single-pass scanning and improves device reliability and accuracy
- Measure up to 5000 nits for correct calibration on high brightness displays
- Measures M0, M1, and M2 simultaneously in a single pass, cutting scanning time in half and reads smaller patches than the i1Pro 2
- Optical Brightener Compensation predicts what colours printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions
- Real-time user feedback ensures accurate measurement position and a self-check tool to adjust and correct minor shifts
- XRGA (X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard) equipped to make it quicker and easier to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received is reliable and repeatable, reducing waste and rework
- Other new products in the i1Pro 3 range include the i1Basic Pro 3 and i1Publish Pro 3
i1Pro 3 technical specifications
- i1 technology with built-in wavelengths check
- Spectral analyzer: Holographic diffraction grating with 128-pixel diode array
Spectral Range: 380 – 730 nm
- Physical sampling interval: 3.5 nm
Optical resolution: 10 nm
Spectral reporting: 380 nm to 730 nm in 10 nm steps
- Measurement Frequency in scanning mode: 400 measurements per second
- Measurement geometry: 45°/0° ring illumination optics, ISO 13655:2017
Measurement aperture: 4.5 mm (0.18”) diameter (effective measurement aperture during scanning is depending on the patch size and measurement speed)
- Light source: Full-Spectrum LED Light Source
- M0 -UV included – ISO 13655:2017
- M1 – D50 – ISO 13655:2017
- M2 – ISO 13655:2017
OBC: Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) with i1Profiler software
Calibration: Manual on external ceramic white reference
Measurement Background: white, ISO 13655:2017; for measurements on backup board
Minimal Patch Size in Spot Mode: 6 x 6 mm (0.24” x 0.24”) (Width x Height)
Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode: 6 x 7 mm (0.24” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) with i1iO; 7 x 7 mm (0.28” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) with sensor ruler; 10 x 7 mm (0.40” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) without sensor ruler
Maximum Scan Length: 260 mm (10.24”)
Inter-instrument agreement: 0.3 ∆E00 average, 0.8 ∆E00 max. (deviation from X-Rite manufacturing standard at a temperature of 23ºC (73.4ºF) on 12 BCRA tiles (D50, 2º))
Short-term repeatability: 0.05 ∆E00 on white (D50,2°, mean of 10 measurements every 3 seconds on white)
Measurement range: 0.2 – 5000 cd/m2 on a typical LCD-Monitor
Short-term repeatability: x,y: +/- 0.002 typical (5000°K, 80 cd/m2)
AMBIENT LIGHT MEASUREMENT
- Data Format: spectral irradiance [mW/nm/m2], illuminance [lux]
- Type: Cosine-corrected diffusor light measurement head
INTERFACE, DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Interface: USB 1.1
- Power supply: Device powered by USB. No additional charger or battery required. USB 1.1 high power device.
- Operating Conditions
Temperature: 10°C (50°F) – 35°C (95°F)
Humidity: 0% – 80% non-condensing
- Storage Conditions
Temperature: 0°C (32°F) to 45°C (113°F)
- i1Pro 3 device: Length 162 mm, width 69 mm, height 64 mm (6.4” x 2.7” x 2.5”)
- i1Pro 3 Ruler: Length 337 mm , width 102 mm (13.3” x 4.0”)
- i1Pro 3 Backup Board: 355 mm x 265 mm (14.0” x 10.4”) folded or 355 mm x 400 mm (14.0” x 15.7”) unfolded
- Weight i1Pro 3 device: 285 g (10.1 oz)
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US