X-Rite updates display calibrator range
X-Rite display calibrator range
Updated range of screen calibration kits
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
X-Rite has updated its screen calibrator range with three new product lines.
We already have reviews of several of the included products and have just added one for the ‘Plus’ model.
New X-Rite display calibration options
Press info from X-Rite
X-RITE ANNOUNCES NEW DISPLAY CALIBRATION SOLUTIONS FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AND FILMMAKERS
Colour managing your displays saves time, money, and eliminates aggravation.
Birmingham, UK, 12th September 2019 – X-Rite, the world leader in colour management, measurement and communication technologies, today announces the i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, technologically enhanced hardware and software solutions for colour calibration and profiling of displays, laptops and projectors.
The trusted i1Display Pro has been the professional choice for high-level, on-screen colour accuracy for discerning photographers, imaging professionals, and display manufacturers for more than 8 years. X-Rite extends this legacy for photographers and filmmakers alike with the i1Display Studio, an easy-to-use, affordable, yet professional solution and the i1Display Pro Plus, the ultimate solution to colour manage super-bright, HD, and HDR display technology.
i1Display Studio is the ideal solution for both passionate and professional photographers looking for professional colour results in an easy-to-use format that doesn’t require in-depth knowledge of colour science. It features both one-click presets as well as advanced easy-to-navigate wizard-driven options for more control. The i1Display Studio provides users with everything they need in an easy-to-use solution that delivers high-quality calibration and profile results in no time.
Key features include:
- Technologically advanced i1Display Studio instrument: an ergonomically designed colorimeter with advanced optical technology and filter set.
- 3-in-1 functionality designed to easily switch between display or projector profiling and ambient light capture.
- i1Studio software for display and projector profiling.
- Mobile Device Calibration with free ColorTRUE mobile app.
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling to accurately measure the colour capabilities of a display.
- Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma.
- Colour match up to four separate displays for colour accuracy.
- Measurement and compensation of ambient lighting conditions.
- FlareCorrect™ for display surface flare measurement and compensation.
- Video Standards Support: NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3.
- Profile validation and reminder to view before and after results with included images or load your own.
i1Display Pro Plus is ideal for filmmakers and photographers working with super-bright, HD, and HDR displays. This solution includes the ability to measure high luminance (brightness) levels as well as the ability to obtain correct neutral shadow detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colours with new Black Current Subtraction technology.
i1Display Pro Plus contains all the in-depth features found in i1Display Pro to profile monitors, projectors and mobile devices, plus these additional features:
- Accurately measure luminance/brightness levels up to 2000 nits.
Obtain correct neutral detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colours with new black current subtraction technology, especially beneficial on OLED displays or any display that can achieve close to zero black point.
- BT.1886 default gamma curve – the standard for HDTV – is especially beneficial for 3D LUT workflows and HDR supported displays to minimise clipping in dark area as well as achieve better behaviour in blacks and smooth to ideal detail levels.
- USB-C compatible with included USB-C to USB-A adapter.
“Professional and passionate photographers and filmmakers who are concerned about colour perfection know that having properly calibrated and profiled displays is an essential and critical component for a successful and efficient creative workflow,” said Liz Quinlisk, X-Rite’s Global Business Unit Manager, Photo and Video. “The new i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, coupled with our current number one seller, the i1Display Pro, provides every level of users with optimally calibrated displays, projectors and mobile devices, consistently and easily. This ensures a user’s digital files will be viewed and shared accurately to enable faithful reproduction every time.”
The two new i1Display solutions feature the industry’s most advanced colorimeter bundled with the latest display and projector profiling software to ensure unrivalled colour accuracy and consistency now and in the future.
X-Rite also introduces three new kits to complement a photographer’s and/or filmmaker’s workflow from capture to edit. Each kit includes an i1Display monitor calibration solution, a ColorChecker Passport for use at capture and a handy lanyard.
The new kits include:
- i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit – includes i1Display Studio and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Pro Photo Kit – includes i1Display Pro and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Filmmaker Kit – includes i1Display Pro Plus and ColorChecker Video
*Each kit is offered at a reduced price compared to purchasing separately.
The new i1Display Studio, i1Display Pro Plus and the new i1 Kits will be shipping in September from X-Rite (North America and Europe) online stores as well as from the company’s worldwide network of resellers.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US