Topaz Gigapixel AI V5.5
Topaz Gigapixel AI V5.5
Image re-sizing software
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
Topaz have announced a new version of Gigapixel AI.
The new version offers performance updates and some additional features
This new version is on sale until 7th May 2021. There is a 15% discount code GIGAPIXEL15
Use our discount code ‘Northlight’ for an additional discount on some promotions (it also helps support the site)
I’ve reviewed a lot of Topaz’s image processing software in quite some detail and there are some interesting features – for more info see the Topaz Category in the dropdown menu to the right.
For an example of using the software see my article about
Topaz Gigapixel AI V5.5.0
The main features are listed as:
- Supercharged AI models.
Upscale like never before! The new “Very Compressed” AI Model helps you upscale and enhance low resolution images by up to 600%. All AI models have been updated for those on newer hardware, offering slightly sharper output than the legacy models.
- Completely new AI engine.
Process images faster than ever with our revamped AI engine.
- Interface improvements.
Upscale better with our new interactive tooltips
The changes in ‘Models’ mean that you may want to experiment with optimum settings for images again
Depending on hardware, this version can give appreciable improvements in speed.
- AI engine has been brought into Gigapixel. This should greatly improve performance on modern hardware.
- All models updated for those on newer hardware. These models should be slightly sharper than the legacy models
- New model – “Very Compressed”
- New trial flow. No more 30-day trials, but instead a trial will place a watermark on your image
- “Send Feedback” option in the Help menu – have a feature request you want to send to the dev team? Use this option to send us a 500-character report.
- Interactive tooltips have been added for each model, to get a quick sense of what each can do
- Controls tutorial has been slightly updated
- Better caching when saving
- Preview window should not show as blank before previewing for the first time
- Filenames should elide in the middle instead of the left
- DNG support should be fully-functional for those coming from pre-5.4.x versions of Gigapixel
- “Loading images” text no longer overlaps the FileListView caret
- Saving text has been changed to show you what the program is doing when processing (downloading, processing, finishing, etc.)
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US