Sigma Art lens firmware for Canon
Sigma firmware update for Canon Art lenses
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
Sigma has released a number of Art lens firmware updates for Canon cameras
- SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM
- SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM
- SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM
- SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM [our review]
- SIGMA 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM
SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary.
Sigma Releases New Firmware For Improved Canon Compatibility With Several Art Series Lenses
This firmware allows compatibility with Canon’s in-camera Lens Aberration Correction function to enable correction matching the optical characteristics of each lens. It also corrects the phenomenon that abnormal images appear or operation errors occur when the function is enabled. This firmware also corrects the phenomenon whereby the continuous shooting speed decreases in certain combinations with some cameras when used with the 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art for Canon, and the phenomenon whereby the AF speed occasionally becomes unstable when used with the 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary for Canon.
For customers who own the SIGMA USB DOCK and applicable products listed below, please update the firmware via SIGMA Optimization Pro.
Before updating the firmware using the SIGMA USB DOCK, please ensure to update SIGMA Optimization Pro to Ver. 1.4.1 or later for Windows, and Ver. 1.4.0 or later for Macintosh.
- SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art for CANON
- SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art for CANON
- SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art for CANON
- SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM | Art for CANON [Keith’s review]
- SIGMA 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art for CANON
Benefits of the Update
- It has ensured compatibility with Canon’s in-camera Lens Aberration Correction function, which enables correction matching the optical characteristics of the attached lens.*
- It has corrected the phenomenon that abnormal images appear or operation errors occur when Canon’s in-camera Lens Aberration Correction function is enabled.
* Compatible Canon camera models:EOS-1DX mark II, EOS 5Ds, EOS 5Ds R, EOS 5D mark IV, EOS 6D mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 8000D(EOS Rebel T6s, EOS 760D), EOS 9000D(EOS 77D) , EOS Kiss x8i(EOS Rebel T6i, EOS 750D), EOS Kiss x9i(EOS Rebel T7i, EOS 800D), EOS Kiss x9(EOS Rebel SL2, EOS 200D)
SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art for CANON
Benefits of the Update
It has corrected the phenomenon whereby the continuous shooting speed decreases in certain combinations with some cameras.
SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary CANON
Benefit of the Update
It has corrected the phenomenon whereby the AF speed occasionally becomes unstable.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US