Luminar 2018 update
Luminar 1.0.1 update
Updates for Mac and Windows versions
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
Luminar 2018 is being updated at quite a rate – there is an asset management (DAM) add-on due next year.
In the mean time, you can update from within the application.
Keith has recently produced Luminar set of his ‘City Light’ presets, based on the ones created for Tonality.
If you’ve not tried Luminar, Keith has been looking at its recent progress with several reviews that give a good feel for how it works and where it’s going. [Luminar 2018 review]
Luminar 2018 changes
[contentblock id=39 img=html.png]Below is the list of fixes and updates.
Luminar 2018 version 1.0.1 for MAC:
- Fixed crash on saving to .PSD format
- Fixed bug when Adobe Photoshop Elements is unavailable.
- Fixed bug with Luminosity Mask preview on filter
- Fixed “Image Cannot be saved” issue with Adobe Lightroom
- Fixed RAW Develop\Develop issue when converting Panasonic files
- Added support for more Adobe Photoshop plugins, including Topaz Labs plugins
- Improved RAW processing on opening file
- Improved Windows preset preview
- Improved accuracy of the filter collapse/expand triangle control
- Improved application and Batch processing UI
- Fixed RAW Develop/Develop issue with DNG files
- Plus other performance improvements and fixes to the reported issues.
Luminar 2018 version 1.0.1 for Windows:
- Luminosity Mask
- Image Resize & Sharpen on Export
- Improved Hotkeys support
- Improved RAW opening & processing
- RAW support for more cameras, including Nikon D850
- Fixed bug when launching Photoshop with a blank image
- PLUS; Improved performance and fixes for a number of reported bugs, including the fixed issue with LowRes image preview on layers with masks; Fixed progress bar for opening images.
More details at Macphun/Skylum
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US