We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- Black and white print linearisation with i1Profiler and QTRBlack and white print linearisation using QTR icc profiles created with X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotometer
- So, you want a good, cheap inkjet printer with cheap inkLots of people want a good quality, cheap, photo printer that doesn't cost a lot in ink. Unfortunately, the market doesn't quite work like that - some thought about what to do when your old printer dies.
- What paper should I use?With a massive range of different papers available, how should you go about seeing which papers work best for your photos. Some of the choices you can consider when looking at paper types and brands for printing your photographs
- When your prints are too darkOverview of the causes of prints of your photos coming out of your printer looking too dark. Discusses workarounds and more detailed fixes for the problem
- A personal health warning about paper reviewsWhy you should be wary of paper reviews. Reviews for specialist inkjet photo printing papers may contain lots of measurement data, but paper choice is about so much more than that. There are so many other aspects of your photographic workflow that need looking at too.
- Printing greyscale images and removing unwanted colour tintsAddressing problems with black and white printing. Some subtle changes in print colour casts with lighting changes, and removing colour tints from monochrome prints.
- A solution to the CS5 ‘no color management’ problemA solution to the CS5 'no color management' problem. Potential difficulties with printing if you want no colour management. The free Adobe Color Print Utility is made for printing profiling targets with colour management turned off.
Videos by Keith Cooper
- ESDDI LED lighting Portable Photo Studio BoxESDDI Portable Photo Studio Box (20" x 20" - 50 x 50cm) with dimmable mains powered LED lighting (120 lights). Includes 4 colours of backdrop. Tabletop product photo box
- ESDDI LED ring lightESDDI 3200K - 5600K dimmable LED ring light. 14 inch diameter 40W mains powered with 2m adjustable support stand. 360 LEDs giving ~4000 lumens output.
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper reviewFotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper reviewFotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator reviewReview of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper reviewFotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Epson Fine Art paper rangeEpson Fine Art paper range - smooth and textured surface cotton fine-art papers. Available in natural and bright finsh, sheet and roll format
- A visit to IPEX 2010Looking at some large printers from HP, Canon and others at the IPEX show - Keith visits IPEX 2010... what's new?
- i1Profiler – New Profiling solution from X-Ritei1Profiler - New Profiling solution from X-Rite. product announcement
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New profiling software -Profilemaker updateNew profiling software for colour management - Profilemaker is updated by X-rite
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more