We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- Better photography by printing your workBetter Photography from prints. Printing your photos is a useful skill to work on. 5 steps towards getting great prints that will help you improve all of your photography
- Lighting CRI with i1Profiler and the i1ProLighting CRI measurement using X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotomenter, with the free Osram LED ColorCalculator software
- A photo print of some bright red flowersMaking a photo print of some bright red cactus flowers. Looking at how colour spaces and gamut affects such strong colours. How making a basic print of a flower illustrates some printer, paper and colour management choices
- Looking for a bigger photo printerImportant questions to ask yourself when looking for a bigger photo printer wider than 13 inch width or A3+. Things that it's useful to know if you want a 17" (A2) or larger printer, it's about more than just bigger prints.
- Why your prints look wrongWhy do your photo prints not look right? Fixing print problems. From prints too dark, and prints not matching your screen, Keith Cooper looks at ten of the most common reasons that your prints might not work
- Better colour on your monitorBetter colour on your monitor, looking at simple monitor calibration and profiling tools that mean you can trust what you see. If colour matters, you need to do something about it
- Large prints – The Photography Show 2017All about making bigger prints. Articles and reviews that expand upon issues covered in Keith Cooper's talks and presentations at the Photography Show at the NEC in Birmingham in March 2017
Videos by Keith Cooper
- ESDDI LED lighting Portable Photo Studio BoxESDDI Portable Photo Studio Box (20" x 20" - 50 x 50cm) with dimmable mains powered LED lighting (120 lights). Includes 4 colours of backdrop. Tabletop product photo box
- ESDDI LED ring lightESDDI 3200K - 5600K dimmable LED ring light. 14 inch diameter 40W mains powered with 2m adjustable support stand. 360 LEDs giving ~4000 lumens output.
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper reviewFotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Fotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper reviewFotospeed Legacy Gloss 325 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface, Cotton based 325gsm natural warm white paper. OBA free. Making large exhibition quality prints.
- Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator reviewReview of the Spyder X Elite monitor profiling and calibration system from Datacolor. Fully configurable screen calibration and display analysis
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper reviewFotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Epson Fine Art paper rangeEpson Fine Art paper range - smooth and textured surface cotton fine-art papers. Available in natural and bright finsh, sheet and roll format
- Datacolor Spyder X announcedDatacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- X-Rite Adobe CC offerX-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- How poor is your colour managementA recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
- Datacolor Colour management surveyHow does the UK photography community use colour management - a new survey is launched by Datacolor - complete the survey to enter a prize draw to win a Spyder5 monitor calibrator.
- Some benefits of Colour ManagementDatacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
- X-Rite i1Studio launchedX-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitorBenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more