We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- A Black and White test imageSpecial test image designed for black and white print checking. Includes explanation of use for all features of the downloadable image.
- Saving images for web useSome of the things to consider when saving images for web use - how care with resizing and basic sharpening can give them a bit more punch
- Better Digital Black and White printing on your Inkjet printerSimple technique to make linearising curves for black and white photo prints. Measuring test prints with flatbed scanner provide data for curve construction
- Improving your Macs ColourHow colour management is managed on the Apple Mac. This 2003 article originally published in TidBITS online magazine
Videos by Keith Cooper
- Video: Choosing between the PRO-200 and PRO-300Keith Cooper looks at the differences between the similar looking Canon PRO-200 and PRO-300 inkjet photo printers. Which works best for particular photographic needs(13m 15s)
- Video: Dye or pigment ink printer choicesKeith Cooper looks at the differences between dye based and pigment based inks for inkjet photo printers. What works best? Is one type a better fit for some photographers (12m 40s)
- Video: BenQ SW321C 4k monitor reviewKeith looks at the BenQ 32 inch SW321C monitor. The 4k UHD display is aimed at the photographic market, giving 99% Adobe98 and 95% DCI-P3. It has a wide range of inputs and features hardware calibration. (19m)
- Video: Epson XP-15000 reviewKeith Cooper looks at the Epson XP-15000 A3+ (13" width) printer for making colour and B&W photo prints at up to 13" width. With double sided printing for plain paper documents and envelopes it has a paper tray for plain paper. (13m 40s)
- Video: Why use printer profilesKeith Cooper looks at the basic purpose of ICC printer profiles and how using them for your photo printing improves the quality and reliability of your photo printing. How printer profiles allow you to use a wide variety of papers for your photos. (6m 40s)
- Video: Printing to improve your photographyKeith looks at printing your own photos, and how it can improve all of your photography skills. The basics of starting to print, including getting print that look more like what you are seeing on screen and what papers to start with(10m 30s)
- Video: Choosing the best paper for your printsKeith Cooper looks at the process of choosing the best paper for your prints and why mastering the basics is a vital starting point (7m 30s)
- basICCaliCube and basICColor Gray card reviewReview of the photographic neutral grey card from BasiCColor and the BasICCaliCube lighting cube, with specular reflection and black reference sections
- i1 Beamer Projector profiling – ReviewReview of Projector profiling with the i1Pro spectrophotometer using the i1 Beamer mount device for the GMB/ X-Rite measuring device an i1Match software
- Spyder 3 Pro – ReviewReview of the Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro colorimeter for monitor profiling and calibration of monitors and laptop screens
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite – ReviewDetailed review of the Spyder 3 Elite monitor and projector display profiling and calibration device and software
- The PrintFIX PRO Version 2 Software reviewUpdated review for Version 2 of the software for the PrintFIX PRO icc printer profiling software and spectrocolorimeter.
- Updated Colour Confidence Print Profiler reviewUpdated review of the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- Paper review Innova FibaPrint paperReview of the Innova fibaprint range of gloss and semigloss papers. IFA -09, IFA-19, IFA-29, IFA-49. Papers modelled on the traditional fibre-based photo papers.
- Datacolor Spyder X announcedDatacolor have announced their latest Spyder X monitor and projector calibration system, the Spyder X. Improved speed and profiling accuracy are claimed
- X-Rite Adobe CC offerX-Rite Adobe CC offer - X-Rite are offering a free one year Adobe CC photography plan with certain product purchases (X-Rite i1Display Pro, i1Photographer Kit, ColorMunki Photographer Kit or i1Studio).
- How poor is your colour managementA recent Datacolor survey shows how many photographers have problems with colour management and photo reproduction quality - some ways to improve, including a free colour management e-book
- Datacolor Colour management surveyHow does the UK photography community use colour management - a new survey is launched by Datacolor - complete the survey to enter a prize draw to win a Spyder5 monitor calibrator.
- Some benefits of Colour ManagementDatacolor survey with Leica forum users looks at the benefits of a colour managed workflow for photographers. Screen and print colour management
- X-Rite i1Studio launchedX-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitorBenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more