We work in Leicestershire, the UK East Midlands and throughout the UK.
Reviews and articles
We can demonstrate any of the many colour management devices and systems shown on this site.
We’re happy to offer direct advice as part of our commercial services.
Colour management is not rocket science – you -can- do a lot of it yourself.
We are happy to include elements of colour management in our commercial photography training.
Other index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Printing and paper
- Digital Black and White
- Photography book reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper is an
X-Rite ‘Coloratti Master’
- Dual monitor calibration on Windows XP PCsSome of the issues associated with setting up dual monitor computers running Windows XP, when trying to profile and calibrate them
- Beware of the Colour Management Tar PitColour management is great for improving the editing and printing of your photographs. Just make sure you understand why, and how it won't fix everything
- Better pictures for your web siteSimple steps for improving the quality of photos used on your web site. Things that can make a real difference.
- QTR and PrintFIX PRO to get better black and white printsUsing the PrintFIX Pro colorimeter with QTR to make greyscale ICC profiles to improve linearity for black and white printing.
- Why don’t my prints match my screen?Why your prints often don't match your screen very well. Some explanations, solutions and ways of dealing with the problem
- Why media settings are vital in your printer profilingOptimal media settings are essential for good results when making printer ICC profiles. Simple test prints make this an easier process with 3rd party papers
- How to remove Adobe Gamma Windows 2000 XP VistaRemoving and deactivating Adobe Gamma, if installed on Windows 2000 XP Vista computers. Avoids conflict with monitor profiling and calibration systems.
Videos by Keith Cooper
- Spyder5 Capture Pro reviewsA new Datacolor bundle with ColorCheckr card, SpyderCube, LensCal and Spyder5 Elite in a hard storage case. Article looks at the collection and includes full reviews of all the individual items.
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 printer reviewDetailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 24" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a gloss optimiser coat. Dual roll feed option. Roll and sheet media tested, including a print over 7m long.
- Mirage print software review (V3.5)A review of the Mirage print software by Dinax. Tested with the Canon PRO-2000 printer, the software now supports Canon and Epson large format printers. One feature is its freedom from print length limitations, ideal for huge pano prints at photo print resolutions.
- Kaiser tabletop photo kit review'Easyfit' tabletop product photography kit with shooting table and two continuous lights with diffusers. Basic product photography setup along with examples of use showing how care with lighting impacts even basic product photos
- Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer reviewReview of the Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer. All-in-one printer/scanner/copier that supports double sided printing and photo prints up to A3 size (11"x17"). Dual paper tray
- Canon PRO-1000 printer reviewDetailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a colour optimiser coat. Tested for colour and B&W printing on a range of media types. Paper sixes up to A2, with borderless print options.
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer reviewDetailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- Datacolor photo accessories announcedDatacolor have announced a range of new photo accessories, including a small tripod, accessory stand and USB C adapter. Available individually or in a kit
- i1Photo Pro 3 launchedX-Rite have launched a new version of the i1Pro spectrophotometer, the i1Pro 3. The i1Photo Pro 3 package includes the new device for calibration and profiling printers, cameras monitors and projectors
- X-Rite updates display calibrator rangeX-Rite has updated its display calibrator product range, including support for much brighter screens. Products are aimed at photographers and filmmakers
- X-Rite i1Pro 3 Plus optionsX-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets, it is available in i1Basic and i1Profiler kit options for screen and print profiling
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 PlusX-Rite announce the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer for imaging, print and textile markets. The device is optimised for measuring a wide variety of materials
- New X-Rite ColorChecker card sizesX-Rite have announced a range of new sizes for their industry standard ColorChecker cards. Sizes launched range from Nano to Mega (24x40mm to 100x152cm)
- Datacolor Spyder X bundlesDatacolor announced the launch of two new product bundles for photographers to manage their colour workflow: SpyderX Capture Pro and SpyderX Studio. Both include the recently launched SpyderX colour calibrator for monitors
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more