X-Rite i1Studio launched
X-Rite announces i1Studio package
Monitor, printer and scanner calibration and profiling
...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
After many years, it’s time for a major update to X-Rite’s ColorMunki Photo product, with an all new profiling and calibration package.
The i1Studio software comes with a newly styled ColorMunki Spectrophotometer, for measuring monitors and projectors for calibration/profiling.
It also allows the measurement of printer profiling targets for both colour and black and white. For scanner profiling the software works on scans of test charts – a number of common ones are supported.
We’ll have a detailed review in due course looking at what’s changed since Keith’s original ColorMunki review
More info and software at https://xritephoto.com/i1Studio
X-Rite i1Studio product info
The NEW i1Studio from X-Rite is the start-to-finish colour management solution for creatives looking for expert results. Your prints will match your vision more perfectly than you ever thought possible.
The professional level, start-to-finish colour management solution built by Colour Perfectionists for Colour Perfectionists.
The NEW i1Studio from X-Rite was created for photographers who love to shoot, scan, edit and print, but don’t love to waste time and money on the process. The award-winning and patented technology built into the i1Studio delivers precise, intuitive colour management across your entire colour workflow. The end result: prints that match your images across all your devices.
X-Rite is renowned for industry leading solutions and has been the choice of Colour Perfectionists around the world for decades. The i1Studio is the newest, capture through print solution that takes your colour-managed workflow to a new level of accuracy and control. Newest features include Printer Profiling for Black & White, Scanner Profiling, Mobile Device Profiling, Monitor Profiling for Video, plus a streamlined user experience within the amazing new i1Studio software.
The newly enhanced and intuitive i1Studio software delivers the perfect balance of automation with a full range of creative controls for photographers, filmmakers and designers looking for more options and control over their colour. You’ll be guided through every step with an expanded range of expert options to customise and fine-tune your workflow as desired.
i1Studio delivers a full suite of tools to calibrate and profile all your devices from capture to print. You’ll be confident that what you’ve captured in your camera or scanner and see on all your displays and mobile devices or projectors will match your final print output. And with the time you save you can get back to focusing on what you love – making more images.
Colour Perfectionists who capture, edit and print will be amazed at what’s possible.
i1Studio combines world-class hardware and software to deliver expert colour results for photo and filmmaker pros. i1Studio includes:
- The award winning, patented, all-in-one i1Studio spectrophotometer is the only device you need to profile your monitors, projectors, scanners, mobile devices and printers.
It’s compact and easy to carry in it’s own protective bag so you are never without the means to create an expertly calibrated and profiled workflow whether at home, in studio or on the road.
- i1Studio Software for Monitors, Projectors, Mobile Devices, Scanners and Printers: The newest release of i1Studio software, based on X-Rite’s award winning i1Profiler software, provides an easy to navigate interface that delivers expertly calibrated and profiled monitors (including video presets), projectors, scanners and printers.
- ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software and Mini ColorChecker Classic Target for Cameras: Utilising the included industry standard 24 patch target, you’ll be able to create custom camera profiles (single or dual illuminant), set a custom white balance and have a neutral starting point no matter what light you are shooting in for a more streamlined editing process. The software includes both a desktop application and an Adobe® Lightroom® Plug-In.
- ColorTRUE Mobile App for Mobile Devices: Calibrate your Apple iOS mobile devices for a true mobile to desktop color match of all your images. Download the ColorTRUE app from the Apple App Store.
Monitor Calibration and Profiling: Once you take the guesswork and frustration out of making sure the colour you see on your display is the colour you expect from your printer, you’ll save time and money and gain full creative control over your images. i1Studio uses advanced technologies to perfect the match between your display and printer.
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling: an adaptive technology that produces optimised results for maximum colour accuracy on each unique display every time you profile.
- Flare Correct measures and adjusts your display profile for reduced contrast ratios caused by flare light (or glare) falling on surface of display. By accurately measuring your effective display contrast ratio, you’ll have an even more accurate display profile.
- X-Rite Ambient Light Measurement – automatically determine the optimum display luminance for comparing prints to your display, based on a measurement of the lighting conditions where prints will be viewed.
- Video Standards Support: NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3
- Extended User Controls: Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma. Also, measure other displays or light sources and use as targets.
- Multiple Monitor Profiling: Colour match up to four separate displays for colour accuracy across all your workflow
- Profile Optimisation: Create unique patch sets for optimal results
- Profile Validation and Reminder: View before and after results with included images or load your own, or use the 3D profile gamut viewer ; set reminder intervals to re-profile your display
Projector Calibration and Profiling: Now, your projected presentations can look the same as your monitor. Build an accurate projector profile in just minutes – it’s as easy as building a monitor profile. The process takes all the room conditions into consideration – projected colours, screen colour and room lighting – so you can be confident that your projected images are showing the way you intended.
Scanner Calibration and Profiling: Scanner profiling is super easy. Simply scan and crop your target to generate a high quality ICC profile. Supports these targets: ColorChecker Classic (Standard and Mini sizes), ColorChecker Digital SG, Reflective IT 8.7/2, Transmissive 4×5 and 35mm IT8.7/1
RGB and CMYK Printer Profiling:
Intelligent iterative profiling technology ensures your output is reproduced accurately from print to print and from printer to printer, delivering professional (alt: expert) quality results for smoothness, highlight and shadow detail.
- i1Studio’s superfast scanning can rapidly measure test charts in less than one minute! Simply scan one 50-patch test chart, and i1Studio will learn how your printer behaves with these colours and dynamically generate a second chart of 50 patches. Then print and scan this second chart of 50 patches and your profile is perfected!
- Option to save your test targets as TIFF files to print later, or for use on a remote printer. i1Studio also supports various paper sizes.
- i1Studio even has the ability to optimize your printer profile for specific colours, flesh tones or captured spot colours. i1Studio creates a 3rd test target based on extracted colours from an image and/or spot colours captured by your i1Studio device. Load your profile, generate your test target, measure and save. It’s that easy.
Black and White Profiling:
Utilising the same intelligent iterative profiling technology for colour prints, our B&W module is specifically engineered to ensure the highest quality results for your black and white prints, resulting in exceptional smoothness, highlight and shadow detail.
- Simply scan one 50-patch test chart, and i1Studio will learn how your printer behaves with these colours and dynamically generate a second chart of 100 patches to better define neutrals. Print and scan this second chart and your B&W profile is now perfected!
- Once you’ve converted your image to B&W and are ready to print, simply apply your custom B&W profile.
- There is also the option to create a profile for a specific B&W look including High Contrast Neutral, Platinum, or Sepia. For those of you who love B&W printing, prepare to be amazed.
The NEW i1Studio from X-Rite takes your start-to-finish colour-managed workflow to an expert level with exceptional accuracy and consistency allowing you more time to focus on creating more images.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
For information about printers, paper reviews and profiling (colour management) see the Printing section of the main printers and printing page, or use the search box at the top of any page.
All colour management articles and reviews are indexed on the main Colour Management page - please do let Keith know if you've any questions, either via the comments or just email us?
Some specific articles that may be of interest:
- Why don't my prints match my screen? A short article showing why there is more to getting your prints to match your screen, than just calibrating your monitor. It's the vital first step, but you do need to consider some other factors for best results.
- Why are my prints too dark - some basic suggestions to this common problem.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US