X-Rite i1Pro 3 Plus options
X-Rite i1Pro 3 Plus options
New i1Basic, i1Photo, i1Publish kits available
X-Rite recently announced the new i1Pro 3 plus spectrophotometer aimed at calibration and profiling for commercial print and textiles.
The new spectrophotometer is now available as a kit, with accessories for a wide range of measurement options.
The i1Profiler software is available with the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer with different levels of functionality:
i1Basic | i1Photo | i1Publish
Sept. 2019: We have a full i1Photo Pro 3 Plus review
I1Pro 3 profiling kits
The i1Pro 3 Plus has now been announced in several versions, making use of the new i1Pro 3 plus spectrophotometer (see original US press info below)
NEW i1Photo Pro 3 Plus Features:
- i1Pro 3 spectrophotometer with large aperture (8mm) providing more accurate results with better repeatability
- Polarising filter for improved profiles on textured and glossy photo media to reduce unwanted specular highlights, enhance blacks for better shadow detail and get richer colours on unique surfaces
- LED illumination enables increased reliability with single scan M0, M1, M2, and M3, saving time and improving accuracy
- Supports profiling of transmissive (backlit) materials in RGB printer workflow
- 5000 nit support for calibrating and profiling high brightness displays
- Larger Ruler to accommodate the larger patches when printing on wide format paper
- Kensington Lock port for increased security
Keith will be publishing a full review of using the i1Pro 3 plus in due course, to go along with our detailed coverage of the (still available) i1Pro2. There is an updated version of the i1iO robot arm available to fit the i1Pro 3 plus.
If you’re unfamiliar with the i1Profiler and the i1Pro, see Keith’s recent i1iO review, which has links to all the different i1Pro and i1Profiler reviews and articles we’ve published.
There are three kits available, differing in price and just what profiling functionality is enabled in i1Profiler
X-Rite i1Basic Pro 3 Plus
Professional Color Management
With i1Basic Pro 3, you can quickly and easily create custom monitor and projector profiles ensuring the colours you view are true. Colour Perfectionists can verify soft proofs and print quality with built-in Quality Assurance (QA) tools, and easily capture and manage spot colours.
£1350 ex VAT
X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 Plus
Professional Colour Management for Photographers
The i1Photo Pro 3 Plus is designed for photographers who are looking for perfectly accurate colour in RGB print workflows, especially on more challenging glossy and textured photo media. i1Photo Pro 3 Plus combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level colour management for photo pros.
i1Photo Pro 3 Plus calibrates and profiles multiple displays, projectors, scanners, RGB printers and cameras with the included camera profiling software and ColorChecker Classic Mini target.
£1750 ex VAT
X-Rite i1Publish Pro 3 Plus
Color Management for Imaging and Prepress
For designers, photographers, or prepress professionals who rely on accurate color throughout a digital workflow, the i1Publish Pro 3 Plus is the must-have solution to profile and calibrate cameras, monitors, projectors, scanners, and both RGB and CMYK+ printers. Get the most color accurate displays, prints and proofs, with repeatable results every time.
Accommodating a broad range of proficiencies and expertise, i1Publish Pro 3 Plus provides complete power and control to create the highest quality ICC profiles. Choose between a basic, wizard-driven interface, or an advanced user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles.
£2400 ex VAT
New i1Pro 3 Plus delivers production calibration and colour profiling capabilities for the widest range of industrial print applications, including wide- and grand-format, digital textiles, ceramics, and backlit film printing.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., June 18, 2019 – X-Rite Incorporated and Pantone LLC, global leaders in colour science and technology, announce the new i1Pro 3 Plus, a spectral colour measurement solution specifically designed for imaging, print, and textile professionals who need advanced calibration and colour profiling capabilities to support today’s wide-format and industrial printing applications. The i1Pro 3 Plus has been optimized for digital printing on a range of materials and surfaces, including ceramics, textiles, glass, metal, wood, vinyl, plastics, thin films, cardboard, paper, and more. Commercial, wide-format, grand-format, packaging, and industrial printers can now create ICC profiles for almost any substrate and calibrate print production devices for the highest level of colour accuracy.
As more industries turn to digital printing, customers are putting greater emphasis on achieving accurate and repeatable colour. To do this, production print equipment needs to be linearized and profiled for each substrate in order to monitor colour output. Current profiling solutions are limited in their ability to measure textured, rough, or uneven surfaces and cannot accommodate various material thicknesses. Many devices do not have the resolution required to ensure the highest colour quality when printing detailed patterns, metallic effects, or photography images. This leads to costly colour errors and rework which impacts a printer’s bottom line.
“The i1Pro 3 Plus builds on the success of the i1 Family and removes the variability to create accurate ICC profiles on the widest range of materials,” said Ray Cheydleur, Printing and Imaging Product Portfolio Manager, X-Rite. “Wide- and grand-format users and industrial material printers will see immediate value by incorporating the affordable i1Pro 3 Plus into their prepress and production workflows, resulting in more accurate and repeatable colour, a reduction of waste, and an increased return on investment.”
A long-term X-Rite partner, EFI (Electronics For Imaging), also sees the great potential of this latest i1 Family member. “We are delighted to support X-Rite’s newly announced i1Pro 3 Plus measurement device within our latest Fiery technologies at ITMA 2019. Due to the nature of digital textile production, this large-aperture device is an excellent fit with our latest single pass EFI BOLT high-speed textile printer. For both colour management and quality control, this device will allow our customers to produce accurate colour much more easily,” said John Henze, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, EFI Fiery.
New in the i1Pro 3 Plus
- Larger aperture of 8mm to support new materials and substrates used in digital printing applications.
- New polarization (measurement condition M3) filter that reduces specular highlights and shadows on fabrics and ceramics. It provides “better blacks” and richer colours on rough surfaces and glossy medias, like canvas prints and fine art photo papers.
- Simultaneously measure M0, M1 and M2 in a single pass to account for optical brighteners so prepress and print operators can quickly predict how colours printed on optically brightened substrates will look under different lighting conditions.
- Longer ruler for measuring the wider charts used in grand-format printing. The ruler includes an ISO-compliant white backer and removable magnetic strips on the top and sides for holding samples in place while measuring.
- New LED illuminant that improves device reliability. The i1Pro 3 Plus allows for four measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0; M1: D50; M2: UV Excluded, M3 Polarized).
- Now supports transmission scanning for backlit film and materials used in signage.
- Measures high brightness, up to 5K NITs for ultra-bright displays.
New X-Rite iO Table
In addition, X-Rite announces a new i1iO Automated Scanning Table that supports the i1Pro 3 Plus. This hands-free test chart reader offers automated colour profiling on a variety of substrates with reduced risk of colour measurement errors. It is ideal for photographers, designers, and printers who want to speed up and automate the measurement process and eliminate manual strip reading.
The new i1iO table can be used with a variety of industrial materials including textiles, ceramics, corrugated, etc. and supports materials up to 33mm thick, with the optional z-axis spacer. It also supports transparencies and backlit materials.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)