Waiting for the delivery van
A new lens on its way
I may be a professional photographer, but that doesn’t mean I don’t relish new toys new equipment.
The TS-E 17mm lens I’ve been waiting for, since before Canon announced it earlier this year, is on its way. I’ll post some test images and put together a more detailed review for the site in the next week or so, but I’ll put any ‘first look’ info here on the blog.
I’ll post some comparison shots against the 14mm 2.8L II and my original 16-35 2.8L (I’ve a 2x TC I might try too)
If anyone has any particular aspect of the lens performance they want to know about (when on a 1Ds 3) then just drop me a line.
I don’t have a delivery estimate for the new TS-E 24mm, but I’ll keep my old one until it turns up to have a look at.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All articles and reviews are listed on our main Articles and Reviews page, or use the search box at the top of any page. Experimental items, hacks and how-to articles are all listed in the Photo-hacks category.
Some articles that may be of interest:
- Using a tilt/shift lens - what it is they actually do
- Focus with tilted lenses - lots more information about what's going on when you tilt a lens. See also: Focusing the view camera - External link to [very] detailed coverage of camera movements
- Keith's tilt table spreadsheet (zipped file)
- Using old lenses on your DSLR - fun with adapters
- Keith's lens reviews and lens related articles
More of Keith's articles/reviews (Google's picks to match this page)