...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
The sections below split all the articles into three broad categories.
Specialist index pages
- Keith’s photo blog
- Articles and Reviews
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- All about using tilt and shift
- Photography book reviews
- The business side of photography
- Keith’s ‘gear list’ for his work
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Editing your photos. Tools and tips
- Fotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper reviewFotospeed Platinum Baryta 300 paper review. Smooth unglazed gloss surface 300gsm natural white paper. Making large exhibition quality prints
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI reviewTopaz JPEG to RAW AI software converts JPEG image files into RAW (DNG) or TIFF images. Expands bit depth and colour space
- Topaz AI Gigapixel updateTopaz AI Gigapixel updated to V3 - Image resizing software resamples and resizes photos. Update improves performance and features clearer user interface.
- DxO Nik Collection updatedDxO Nik Collection has been updated to V1.1 to greatly improve compatibility with current image editing software packages such as Lightroom/Photoshop/Elements and Affinity Photo
- Luminar update adds AI sky enhancementReview update: Skylum Luminar image editing software's latest update (V1.3.2) adds sky enhancement, to other functional improvements and fixes.
- Skylum announces Luminar sky enhancer and updates to comeSkylum announces the Luminar sky enhancer update (V1.3.2) and some updates/offers to come later this year including image libraries.
- Topaz AI Clear V2Topaz AI Clear V2 - Improved noise reduction and sharpening software for use in Topaz Studio
- Topaz AI Gigapixel V2Topaz AI Gigapixel software is updated to V2. Improves GPU performance for image resizing and enlargement. 30 day trial available
Using equipment in non-standard ways. Hacks and mods.
- Jessop zoom slide duplicator lensTesting a 35mm zoom slide copier on a modern digital camera with some slides from the 1970's. Includes image processing and lighting concerns and a quick look at photo image quality from the 70's
- Using old lenses on a modern DSLR/mirrorless cameraLens adapters allow you to use old lenses on a modern DSLR or mirrorless camera. Many old lenses work very well if you can live without autofocus. Performance varies, but it's possible to learn lot of use for the rest of your photography
- Using effects lens filtersAfter being given some assorted lens filters dating back to film days, Keith wonders if they are still of any use with modern digital cameras and how B&W film 'emulation' has its limits.
- Adapted lens – Soligor 300mm f5.5Adapted lens experiments - Soligor 300mm f5.5 on an RF mount EOS RP mirrorless camera. Using adapters on a manual focus telephoto from 1975 on a modern mirrorless camera
- Fotodiox tilt-shift lens adapterReview of the Fotodiox TLT ROKR tilt-shift lens adapter for mounting medium format lenses on mirrorless cameras. M645 to Canon RF tested. Available also for M645 to Nikon Z along with many other lens/body combination.
- Canon SDK updatedCanon Europe announces a new SDK and API Package for Developers. Software Development Kit (SDK) adds SX70 HS to supported cameras. incl. camera control API
- Lighting CRI with i1Profiler and the i1ProLighting CRI measurement using X-Rite i1Profiler software and the i1Pro spectrophotomenter, with the free Osram LED ColorCalculator software
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Experimental PhotographyBook Review: 52 Assignments, Experimental Photography. 52 project ideas to help you explore different aspects of photography, film and digital. with low and high tech ideas and hacks
Ideas for developing photographic skills and aspects of photographic composition.
- PPL TSE-Adapter – lens shift reviewThe PPL TSE Adapter attaches Canon TS-E shift lenses directly to a tripod mount. This lets you shift the camera not the lens, eliminating parallax errors
- Making a black and white photographThe whole process of making a large black and white photograph, right from stopping to take the photo, through to final fine-art printmaking.
- Autopano Giga 3 review updateReview of Autopano Giga from Kolor. Version 3 update is faster, adds additional functionality for stitching images and the projection geometry used for output.
- Diminishing returns – the new photo equipment questionHow much better is new photographic equipment compared to the previous version. Have big jumps in performance gone for ever? New reviews are getting more difficult.
- Older photographers – let them use DSLRsPhone cameras fail in a big way if you have forgotten your glasses - why camera design needs to consider older people. Good viewfinders matter for everyone
- Producing better photographsWhy you probably don't need to rush out and spend money to improve your photography - it about thinking more, and taking more photos. New cameras and lenses are nice but not as essential as you might think
- Alternative focus technique for tilted lensA simple iterative procedure for setting optimal focus for a tilted lens. A step by step approach to set the plane of focus where you want it for a tilt/shift lens.
- After the Photokina 2012 show…What's really new at Photokina in 2012 and what will make a real difference to photography, Keith picks a few items...
Training – for companies
It’s arranged by location, so as long as you are a pro photographer, a free link is available
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US