Upcoming printer review
Canon UK have sent me a Pro-1 A3+ printer for review.
A quick check shows a very capable B&W print mode, which with a 3rd party lustre paper produced a very even and neutral looking print – residual non-linearity was very easily cleared up with a QTR profile, which I was able to use directly when printing from CS5 to the driver’s B&W mode.
This from Canon’s launch info (last year – supplies of this printer were seriously hit by the floods in Thailand)
- 12-ink system with wide colour gamut
- Chroma Optimizer for uniform glossiness and crisp, sharp blacks
- Optimum Image Generating system enhances colour reproduction
- Black and white prints with 5 monochrome inks
- New LUCIA pigment inks ensure photo permanence
- Create a gallery-quality A3+ photo in approx. 2 minutes 55 sec
- High capacity ink tanks
- Wide range of media support including 356mm (14”) wide and thick media
Here it is after printing an A3+ profiling target.
If anyone has any specific queries, do let me know (here or email directly) and I’ll try and see if I can find an answer, or address the issue in my review (probably by the end of the month).