Software update – ImageNest 3
ImageNest RIP software updated to V3
We’ve used ImageNest for a while, both on our printers here at Northlight, and on many of those that we’ve reviewed, such as the most recent of Canon iPF6300.
It’s a great way of making use of the printing capacity of large printers to lay out images onto the paper. In fact I used it when reviewing the Epson 3880, to print up a whole load of pictures from my wedding in March…
It’s worth pointing out that a demo version is available for download, and the software can be used with any number of printers.
New features include:
- Rotate in Layout: Users can now rotate in all situations. Rotate works with all layout methods and in our new manual layout mode.
- Snap to Grid: A custom size grid feature allows users to “Snap To” guidelines. The layout grid can be custom sized both vertically and horizontally in any units of measure.
- Grid spacing control: Set custom sizes for grid lines
- Snap to Image Edges: Snap to Image Edges automatically detects the dimensions of other images in the layout and provides guidelines and a “Snap To” alignment feature.
- Additional cut Marks: Based on user feedback, new options for cut marks have been added.
- Copy and paste: Copy and Paste images in the layout with Control C and Control V hotkeys.
- Ability to drag images between pages: Users can now drag images from one page to another with ease both quickly and easily.
- Image Overlap: Images can be set to overlap for collages or an image can be trimmed simply by moving it beneath another image.
- Image Editor: Built in image editor now contains additional information about resolution and pixel dimensions.
- Manually add/delete pages: In addition to automatic page creation, users can now add or delete pages manually.
It works very well, and all the new features make it even easier to use.
More print related information
For information about other printers, paper reviews and profiling (colour management) see the Printing section of the main Articles and Reviews page, or use the search box at the top of any page. There are also specific index pages for any articles connected with the following topics:
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]