It's the replacement (C11CA16201) for the R2400 and has an all new range of inks.
Epson SP 2880 features and info
- Epson UltraChrome K3™ with Vivid Magenta pigment inkset
- Advanced magenta pigments - astounding reds, blues and purples
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode
- Fine art, canvas and roll paper printing
- Radiance™ technology for smoother gradations
- Epson PreciseColour™ — no calibration needed
The picture below (from our review) shows that it still needs black ink switching...
- There is a new Photshop plug-in available for printing too. I've heard of problems downloading it though. These two links seem to work at the moment
- Mac version
- pc version
Users Guide (PDF)
Info from Epson US...
Exhibition quality prints
Produce exhibition quality prints with unprecedented control with the Epson R2880 photo printer, the choice for professional and fine art photographers. With its innovative ink set, Epson UltraChrome K3™ with Vivid Magenta, this powerful printer offers an astounding colour gamut for brilliant reds, blues and purples.
Designed to easily deliver large-format photos worthy of gallery display, the 13-inch R2880 includes Radiance™ technology, which ensures smooth colour transitions, and improved highlight and shadow detail.
Its three-level black technology offers exceptional gray balance and outstanding tonal range. And, Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode ensures precision control for neutral or toned black-and-white prints.
Take your creativity further with its versatile media handling capabilities. Print on roll paper, fine art paper or 1.3 mm thick art board. The R2880 always delivers professional performance with its one-inch wide, permanent print head. And, for more consistent printing, it includes Automatic Nozzle Check technology, plus Epson PreciseColour™.
Achieve professional results, with the quality, control and versatility of the Epson R2880 photo printer."
Features & Benefits
Create exhibition quality prints with Epson UltraChrome K3™ with Vivid Magenta Ink
Print astounding reds, blues, and purples with advanced magenta pigments
Achieve outstanding tonal range using three-level black technology
Control neutral or toned black-and-white prints using Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode
Achieve smoother colour transitions, and improved highlight and shadow detail, with Radiance™ technology
Do more with superior media versatility — print on roll paper, fine art media or 1.3 mm thick art board
Realize consistent output from printer to printer with Epson PreciseColour™ — no calibration required
Get greater reliability through automatic nozzle checks and a mist collection system
Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode
Part of an innovative workflow, this exclusive technology is your key to intuitive and consistent control, for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. Choose from one of four preset menus — neutral, warm, cool or sepia. Or, fine tune your image further with custom slider bars and the colour tone wheel that gives you precise control. Customized settings can be saved and recalled to easily achieve a consistent print every time.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink technology
This professional, 8-colour ink set with advanced magenta pigments makes it easy to achieve exhibition quality prints with more dramatic blues, purples and reds. Its three-level black technology ensures richer blacks, an unprecedented gray balance and outstanding tonal range. This pigment ink set also offers colour stability immediately after printing. And, Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta boasts print permanence ratings of 200 or more years for truly sellable colour and black-and-white prints 1.
Get smoother colour transitions, plus better highlight and shadow detail, for matchless prints with a truer photographic look. By utilizing each colour in a more efficient manner, Radiance optimizes the colour gamut and dramatically enhances image quality. With this innovative technology, you get vivid colours that stay consistent in virtually any light.
Superior media versatility
Explore your creativity with a printer that supports a full range of professional and fine art media, including luster and Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper. Print brilliant panoramas up to 44 inches long. Or, print on 1.3 mm thick art boards. With this versatile performer, you can even print directly on CDs and DVDs for professional digital portfolios.
- Advanced MicroPiezo AMC™ print head with ink repelling coating technology
- 180 nozzles (per cartridge)
- 8-colour (Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Light Light Black, and Matte or Photo Black)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- 8 individual ink cartridges
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta pigment ink
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
- 3 picoliters
- Advanced MicroPiezo print head with AMC (Advanced Meniscus Control) can produce up to 3 different droplet sizes per line
Ink Cartridge Life
Ink Shelf Life
- 2 years from production date; 6 months from first use
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
- 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", A4 (8.3" x 11.7" ), letter (8.5" x 11"), legal (8.5" x 14"), 11" x 14", 12" x 12", B (11" x 17"), A3 (11.7" x 16.5"), Super B (13" x 19"), user definable, plus 8.3" and 13" wide panoramic roll papers
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", A4 (8.3" x 11.7"), letter (8.5" x 11"), 11" x 14", 12" x 12", B (11" x 17"), A3 (11.7" x 16.5") and Super B (13" x 19") sizes
- Supports plain paper, Epson Bright White Paper, Presentation Paper Matte, Premium Presentation Paper Matte, Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided, Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss, Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster, Exhibition Fiber Paper, Watercolour Paper Radiant White, Velvet Fine Art Paper, UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper, Premium Canvas Satin, Premium Canvas Matte, PremierArt™ Matte Scrapbook Photo Paper and ink jet printable CDs/DVDs.
Special Media Support
- Roll paper: 8.3" and 13" rolls
Fine art paper: Manual – Roll paper path (rear)
Direct CD/DVD printing
Maximum Paper Thickness
- 1.3 mm thick (Straight through, Manual — Front paper path)
- Auto sheet feeder: 120 sheets (plain paper), 30 sheets (photo paper)
Manual Roll: 1 sheet (fine art paper)
Manual Front: 1 sheet (poster board)
Hardware and Software Details
Printer Dimensions & Weight
- Weight: 26.9 lb
Printing: 24.3" x 31.4" x 16.3"
Storage: 24.3" x 12.7" x 8.4"
Interface and Connectivity
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (2 ports)
PictBridge™ (1 port)
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.x – 10.5.x
- Windows: Windows Vista, XP Professional x64, XP, and 2000
- Epson Standard, Epson Vivid, Adobe RGB and ICM or ColourSync colour management using ICC profiles
Colour Management Solutions
- Premium ICC colour profiles
51 dB (max.)
Rated voltage 120 VAC
Rated frequency 50 – 60 Hz
Rated current 0.5 A (1.0 A max.)
What's in the Box?
Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Photo Printer
- Photo Black UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096120)
- Cyan UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096220)
- Vivid Magenta UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096320)
- Yellow UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096420))
- Light Cyan UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096520)
- Vivid Light Magenta UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096620)
- Light Black UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096720)
- Matte Black UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096820)
- Light Light Black UltraChrome K3 ink cartridge (T096920)
CD print tray and software
Roll paper holder accessory
USB cable not included
Single sheet guide
CD-ROM containing printer drivers and software (Macintosh and Windows)
You can search all the hundreds of articles on the site for more information
Have you found an article on the site useful or helpful? If so, please consider sharing a link to the article or mentioning it on a forum - Thanks to everyone who's helped the site become better known. Explore our site... Digital Black and White photography and printing - some of Keiths thoughts, techniques and tips for those interested in a digital approach to black and white. New site content appears on the News, articles and reviews page. We've lots of original Photography Articles and Photography Reviews on the site to help anyone interested in photography.
Thanks to the visitors who've made Amazon purchases (any kinds of items whatosever)
via: Amazon UK/Amazon France/Amazon Germany/Amazon USA/Amazon Canada
It won't save extra money we're afraid, but it does help in the running of the site, and we really appreciate it...
Northlight Images is based in Leicester in the UK and supplies Commercial Photography services
Visiting Leicester or wondering where it is? We have views from the Leicester traffic cameras.