...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: K&F ND2-32 variable ND filterUsing a variable (ND2-ND32) neutral density filter. Allowing for slower shutter speeds to blur movement and wider apertures to emphasise lens tilt or shallow depth of field (7m)
- Video: Printing greeting cards – Canon PRO-200Keith Cooper looks at greeting cards printed on Canon Pixma PRO-200 - why choosing the right card type is vital, includes specific high resolution test images for cards(12m 40s)
- Video: Using old lenses on modern camerasHow mount adapters let you use old lenses with modern cameras both DSLR and mirrorless. Using old lenses on new cameras and why it's fun to experiment (15m)
- Video: Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lightingKeith looks at some features of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp for photographic lighting. A white light CCT mode allows a colour temperature setting from 2500K-9000K. An RGB colour mode allows setting of colours in RGB and HSL modes. (7m 30s)
- Video: Printing and editing wide gamut imagesKeith Cooper looks at printing and editing wide gamut colourful images: Monitor choices and settings, working spaces, printer colour profiles and aspects of soft proofing (22m)
- Video: Differentiating your photo businessStanding out from the crowd - why specialise & differentiate your photography business from the rest. What helps your business profitability and is it a big enough niche. Does Keith need a new hat? (9m 20s)
- Upsizing and sharpening for making a printEditing, sharpening and upsizing part of an old digital photo from a 10MP camera to make an A2 sized print. Image resizing for larger prints and why your editing workflow matters.
- Topaz Sharpen AI updateTopaz Sharpen AI image sharpening software updated to V2. Adds batch processing and masking of the images sharpening. Smart sharpening and shake reduction
- Using effects lens filtersAfter being given some assorted lens filters dating back to film days, Keith wonders if they are still of any use with modern digital cameras and how B&W film 'emulation' has its limits.
- Fixing converging verticals without a shift lensSimple image edits can simulate the results of using a shift lens, if you edit your image the right way and can tolerate the need to crop the resulting image.
- Teleconverters and lens tiltLens tilt using extenders such as the Canon Extender EF 1.4x III What are the effects of using teleconverters with tilt lenses such as the TS-E17, TS-E24mm and TS-E90mm
- Adapted lens – Soligor 300mm f5.5Adapted lens experiments - Soligor 300mm f5.5 on an RF mount EOS RP mirrorless camera. Using adapters on a manual focus telephoto from 1975 on a modern mirrorless camera
- Black and white linearisation with the i1Pro 3Updated linearisation for black and white printing with the X-Rite i1Pro3 spectrophotometer. Using the free chart measurement features of i1Profiler. Includes files and data for incorporating test strips into printer test images
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 reviewReview of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 monitor, scanner and printer profiling package using the i1Pro 3 spectrophotometer. Comparison with i1Pro 3 plus
- KF Concept TC2634 Carbon Tripod reviewThe KF Concept TC2634 lightweight carbon fibre tripod is an improved version of the TC2534 tripod Keith looked at in 2017. With a more robust but smaller head, it now supports 15kg, up from 10kg
- Teleconverters and shift lensesLens shift using extenders such as the Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Looking at the effects of using teleconverters with shift lenses such as the TS-E17 and TS-E24mm and tilt shift lens adapters.
- Fotodiox tilt-shift lens adapterReview of the Fotodiox TLT ROKR tilt-shift lens adapter for mounting medium format lenses on mirrorless cameras. M645 to Canon RF tested. Available also for M645 to Nikon Z along with many other lens/body combination.
- Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head reviewReview of the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and its camera mounting accessories. The head weighs 670g and supports up to 10kg of camera gear. compact and small design.
- K&F camera rucksack and travel bagThe K&F camera rucksack and travel bag - what fits inside this twin compartment lightweight waterproof camera bag.
- Laowa RF 15mm F2 Zero-DReview of the Laowa RF 15mm f/2 Zero-D lens by Venus Optics. Tested on the Canon EOS RP. Wide angle manual focus lens for RF mount (also Nikon Z and Sony FE mounts)
- Rechargeable LED worklight for product photographyA basic battery powered 15W LED worklight is tested for product photography. With over 3 hrs use on a charge, is the light quality good enough? The device doubles as a 6000mAh 22.2Wh USB powerbank
- Book Review: 52 Assignments Landscape PhotographyBook Review: 52 Assignments, Landscape Photography. A collection of 52 project ideas relating to Landscape photography. Lots of suggestions to help expand your photography and experiment.
- Rogeti TSE Frame V3+Rogeti have made their TSE Frame lighter and easier to level. The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- L-Bracket for Canon 5DIV, 5Ds R and 5DIIIThe Rogeti QRL Series L-Bracket fits the Canon 5D mk4 5DS, 5DS R, and 5D mk3. Arca style fit with three built in levelling vials. Also available for Sony
- Book Review: Everything about taking PhotographsBook Review: 'Everything you always wanted to know about taking better photographs', '50 images and 50 explanations' by Antony Zacharias. £12.99 Ammonite press October 2019
- Topaz Mask AITopaz Mask AI review. Update to Topaz ReMask includes enhanced smart selection features and choices of mask generation modes. Simple mask generation for complex image cutouts
- i1Display Pro Plus reviewLooking at the new i1Display Pro plus monitor calibration and profiling colorimeter. Adds high brightness screen support and BT.1886 gamma curve support. This is the top model of the i1Display range
- Bulk editing photos without PhotoshopBulk editing photos without Photoshop using the BatchPhoto image editing tool (Mac and Win) Guest article from Mike Cosmin Unguru the author of BatchPhoto
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US