...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: K&F ND2-32 variable ND filterUsing a variable (ND2-ND32) neutral density filter. Allowing for slower shutter speeds to blur movement and wider apertures to emphasise lens tilt or shallow depth of field (7m)
- Video: Printing greeting cards – Canon PRO-200Keith Cooper looks at greeting cards printed on Canon Pixma PRO-200 - why choosing the right card type is vital, includes specific high resolution test images for cards(12m 40s)
- Video: Using old lenses on modern camerasHow mount adapters let you use old lenses with modern cameras both DSLR and mirrorless. Using old lenses on new cameras and why it's fun to experiment (15m)
- Video: Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lightingKeith looks at some features of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp for photographic lighting. A white light CCT mode allows a colour temperature setting from 2500K-9000K. An RGB colour mode allows setting of colours in RGB and HSL modes. (7m 30s)
- Video: Printing and editing wide gamut imagesKeith Cooper looks at printing and editing wide gamut colourful images: Monitor choices and settings, working spaces, printer colour profiles and aspects of soft proofing (22m)
- Video: Differentiating your photo businessStanding out from the crowd - why specialise & differentiate your photography business from the rest. What helps your business profitability and is it a big enough niche. Does Keith need a new hat? (9m 20s)
- DxO Optics Pro 3 ReviewFull review of DxO Optics Pro version 3.5 adds new workflow options and improves RAW image processing, lens correction and nose reduction.
- Why media settings are vital in your printer profilingOptimal media settings are essential for good results when making printer ICC profiles. Simple test prints make this an easier process with 3rd party papers
- How to remove Adobe Gamma Windows 2000 XP VistaRemoving and deactivating Adobe Gamma, if installed on Windows 2000 XP Vista computers. Avoids conflict with monitor profiling and calibration systems.
- A Black and White test imageSpecial test image designed for black and white print checking. Includes explanation of use for all features of the downloadable image.
- Profiling your scanner with the Eye OneUsing i1Match software and the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) Eye One (i1) spectrophotometer to measure profiling targets for scanner profiling
- Eye One Design reviewReview of Eye One Design software (i1Match) with the Eye One spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Monitor calibration and basic printer profiling.
- Nik Sharpener Pro V2 reviewDetailed review of Nik Sharpener Pro image sharpening plugin. Version 2 is tested with examples of how it works and why it is so important to use. Valid for current versions too
- Software review Convert to BW Pro 3Review of the Convert to B/W Pro V3 plugin from 'Theimagingfactory' for converting colour images to black and white.
- Review Eye One Display 2Review of the Eye One Display 2 (i1Display 2) monitor calibrator by GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Calibrate and profile your monitor.
- Noise Ninja – Review updateUpdated noise ninja review to reflect changes in the full release version of the software - shows how noise reduction can be masked for optimal use
- A digital pinhole camera using a Canon 1DsConstruction ideas and sample images for several different designs of pinhole adapter for a Canon full frame DSLR camera. Digital pinhole photography experiments at different focal lengths
- Saving images for web useSome of the things to consider when saving images for web use - how care with resizing and basic sharpening can give them a bit more punch
- Noise Ninja – Removing Image noiseLooking at the Noise Ninja photoshop plugin for removing image noise. Based on Noise Ninja application - functionality later incorporated into Photoninja
- MonoChromePro pigment inks for black and white printingReview of the MonoChromePro pigment ink set for black and white printing. Includes custom profile curve creation procedures for using QuadToneRIP (QTR). Making use of black and diluted black (grey) ink sets for monochrome photo printing
- Focus magic reviewReview of the Focus Magic photoshop plugin for image sharpening and camera shake removal. Fixes minor focus and shake problems
- Raw Power – the DxO converterReview of the RAW file conversion functionality introduced into DxO Optic Pro Version 2. Looks at RAW conversion, lens correction and noise reduction
- Black and White, the digital wayAn introduction to black and white photography in the digital age. An extended version of an article Keith Cooper wrote for Canon.
- Resampling to make your images biggerResampling or resizing images to make bigger photos and prints has always had many options available. Some considerations for the process
- The RAW digital image format – why use itA look at the RAW format in camera files and discussion about the many reasons you might choose to use it instead of JPEG
- How do people see your site?Survey of professional photographers viewing habits - archive article based on a 2004 survey. Dates from when the majority of user still used CRT monitors. Includes links to other research and guidelines
- A Digital only trip to ColoradoA look at some of the changes when moving from film photography to digital photography after a trip to Colorado by Keith Cooper. The same, but different and better...
- Better Digital Black and White printing on your Inkjet printerSimple technique to make linearising curves for black and white photo prints. Measuring test prints with flatbed scanner provide data for curve construction
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US