...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: K&F ND2-32 variable ND filterUsing a variable (ND2-ND32) neutral density filter. Allowing for slower shutter speeds to blur movement and wider apertures to emphasise lens tilt or shallow depth of field (7m)
- Video: Printing greeting cards – Canon PRO-200Keith Cooper looks at greeting cards printed on Canon Pixma PRO-200 - why choosing the right card type is vital, includes specific high resolution test images for cards(12m 40s)
- Video: Using old lenses on modern camerasHow mount adapters let you use old lenses with modern cameras both DSLR and mirrorless. Using old lenses on new cameras and why it's fun to experiment (15m)
- Video: Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lightingKeith looks at some features of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp for photographic lighting. A white light CCT mode allows a colour temperature setting from 2500K-9000K. An RGB colour mode allows setting of colours in RGB and HSL modes. (7m 30s)
- Video: Printing and editing wide gamut imagesKeith Cooper looks at printing and editing wide gamut colourful images: Monitor choices and settings, working spaces, printer colour profiles and aspects of soft proofing (22m)
- Video: Differentiating your photo businessStanding out from the crowd - why specialise & differentiate your photography business from the rest. What helps your business profitability and is it a big enough niche. Does Keith need a new hat? (9m 20s)
- Innova Soft Textured Natural White paper reviewPaper review: Testing a fine art 315 gsm natural white paper. Stiff with a lightly textured surface and free of optical brighteners (OBAs) IFA-12
- ColorEyes Display Pro reviewReview of ColorEyes Display Pro monitor calibration software. Software works with a wide range of calibration devices
- Ricoh Caplio GX100 camera reviewReview of the Caplio GX100 compact camera from Ricoh. Looking at overall performance and the benefits of being able to shoot in RAW format.
- Epson Stylus Pro 3800 reviewReview of the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers.
- PhotoFrame Pro (v3.1) Plugin reviewPhotoshop plugin from OnOne for applying frames, borders and a collection of edge effects to your photos and images
- Feature Update – Spyder 2 Pro software V2.2Software feature update - Datacolor (ColorVision) Spyder 2 Pro monitor calibration software V2.2. Includes pre-calibration lighting measurement.
- i1Photo LT (i1Basic) – Update Reviewi1Photo LT (i1Basic) - Update Review. X-rite product update for basic monitor and printer profiling, with ambient light measurement
- Colour Confidence Print Profiler reviewUsing the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making your own ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- Touring the US Pacific coast spring 2007This photo-diary covers a driving trip up the coast from San Francisco in April/May 2007 along the Pacific highway. Travelling along the Californian and Oregon coast up to Cannon beach.
- Review update Spyder 2 Pro projector calibrationUpdated ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro review covering different aspects of projector calibration (all types of projector)
- X-Rite Eye One iSis automated patch reader reviewReview of the Eye One (i1) iSis scanning spectrophotometer from X-Rite for automated patch reading of printer profiling targets.
- Review Pantone Huey PROReview of the Pantone Huey PRO colorimeter for profiling and calibrating monitors. Improved functionality over original huey
- The Spyder 2 Pro – monitor calibration made easyReview of the ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro monitor calibrator. Looking at options for profiling and calibrating monitors
- TS-E 90 review tilt and shift lensReview of Canon's TS-E 90mm f/2.8 tilt shift lens. Lens tested on Canon 1Ds full frame camera, includes info on lens modification and use of tilt
- PearlyWhites photo tooth whitening plugin reviewPearlywhites image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies teeth in a photo and selectively whitens them. Tested as a Photoshop plugin.
- ShineOff skin shine reduction plugin reviewShineOff image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies shiny skin and reflected light in a photo and selectively reduces it.
- Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro reviewPower Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro photoshop plugin for converting colour images to black and white using film simulations and filtering
- Stitcher Pro reviewReview of Stitcher Pro software (version 5.5) from Realviz. Panoramic stitching software for making large photos from many smaller ones.
- Ultrachrome inks in an Epson 10000 large format printerConversion of an Epson SP10000 dye based ink printer to use Ultrachrome pigment based inks and carts from an Epson 10600. Changing ink types
- Beware of the Colour Management Tar PitColour management is great for improving the editing and printing of your photographs. Just make sure you understand why, and how it won't fix everything
- Textured Art Silk – a ‘glossy’ art paper for UltraChrome inksPaper review of PermaJet Textured Art Silk - a 'glossy' finish art paper for UltraChrome inks? Tested on an Epson SP9600
- Digital Black and White – working in 16 bitHow converting 8 bit colour JPEG images images to 16 bit before converting to black and white gives up to 10 bit greyscale (B&W) images.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US