...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: K&F ND2-32 variable ND filterUsing a variable (ND2-ND32) neutral density filter. Allowing for slower shutter speeds to blur movement and wider apertures to emphasise lens tilt or shallow depth of field (7m)
- Video: Printing greeting cards – Canon PRO-200Keith Cooper looks at greeting cards printed on Canon Pixma PRO-200 - why choosing the right card type is vital, includes specific high resolution test images for cards(12m 40s)
- Video: Using old lenses on modern camerasHow mount adapters let you use old lenses with modern cameras both DSLR and mirrorless. Using old lenses on new cameras and why it's fun to experiment (15m)
- Video: Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lightingKeith looks at some features of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp for photographic lighting. A white light CCT mode allows a colour temperature setting from 2500K-9000K. An RGB colour mode allows setting of colours in RGB and HSL modes. (7m 30s)
- Video: Printing and editing wide gamut imagesKeith Cooper looks at printing and editing wide gamut colourful images: Monitor choices and settings, working spaces, printer colour profiles and aspects of soft proofing (22m)
- Video: Differentiating your photo businessStanding out from the crowd - why specialise & differentiate your photography business from the rest. What helps your business profitability and is it a big enough niche. Does Keith need a new hat? (9m 20s)
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite – ReviewDetailed review of the Spyder 3 Elite monitor and projector display profiling and calibration device and software
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Noise and ISOLooking at noise in images captured over the full range of ISO settings shows that by sticking to whole stop ISO settings, you get lower noise levels
- Modify Canon tilt shift lensChanging the shift axis alignment for Canon TS-E lenses, TS-E 90 modification shown. Similar for TS-E45 and TS-E 24 (mark 1 version)
- Fisheye Hemi Plugin reviewImage editing plugin for Photoshop which provides a range of pre computed geometry corrections and adjustments for images taken with a fisheye lens - any image or lens can be used.
- Printing Black and White digital photographyPrinting Black and White digital photography, is the second part of an interview with Keith Cooper about all aspects of digital monochrome photography
- Black and white digital photography with Keith CooperAn extended version of a magazine interview with Keith Cooper, discussing different aspects of digital black and white photography. B&W photography tips and advice
- Information and links for old Apple MacsCollected information and links relaxing to older apple mac hardware and software. Archival information mostly 68k and PPC macs. A/UX and pre OS X 10.6
- Epson media settings for the ImagePrint RIPEpson paper thicknesses and weights for printer media settings. Thicknesses are in mm and mils. Useful for matching third party papers to Epson settings.
- Pacific Northwest travels Sept-Oct 2007Travel diary by Keith Cooper, driving down the Oregon coast from Seattle and then back up via Crater Lake and Bend. Photos and observations from a car trip in the Spring of 2007
- Maintenance tank in Epson large format printersLooking at the maintenance tank in some large format Epson printers. How to reset it when full so that it can continue to be used. Use this technique with care, since overflows are very messy.
- Colour Management in your web browser – Test ImagesSome quick tests to see how colour management is being handled in your web browser. How images in different colour spaces look on your screen.
- Top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumbFrom a wide survey of usability and human factors experts, a collection of top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumb.
- Usability – Making your web site visitors’ lives easierWhy considering usability can really help make your web site visitors' lives easier. Happier visitor make for a better and more successful site.
- HCI, usability and web design infoHCI, usability and web design. Collection of assorted information covering usability, UX and design for web use.
- The PrintFIX PRO Version 2 Software reviewUpdated review for Version 2 of the software for the PrintFIX PRO icc printer profiling software and spectrocolorimeter.
- Updated Colour Confidence Print Profiler reviewUpdated review of the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- DxO Optics Pro V4.2 reviewReview of RAW file processing using DxO Optics Pro V4.2. Includes geometric corrections, noise reduction and lens correction features
- Intellihance Pro 4.2 Plugin reviewReview of the Intellihance pro image editing plugin from OnOne software. Software can automate many editing functions and addresses numerous common image problems.
- PermaJet Eco-Flo inking system for the R2400Review of the PermaJet Eco-Flo inking system for the R2400. A continuos ink system with external ink tanks and third party ink
- Dual monitor calibration on Windows XP PCsSome of the issues associated with setting up dual monitor computers running Windows XP, when trying to profile and calibrate them
- A Canon MPP view camera adapterMaking an adapter to fit a DSLR camera to the back of a 4x5 (5x4) view camera, using the existing lens and camera movements. Construction details and parts used. learning about camera movements
- Paper review Innova FibaPrint paperReview of the Innova fibaprint range of gloss and semigloss papers. IFA -09, IFA-19, IFA-29, IFA-49. Papers modelled on the traditional fibre-based photo papers.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US