...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: K&F ND2-32 variable ND filterUsing a variable (ND2-ND32) neutral density filter. Allowing for slower shutter speeds to blur movement and wider apertures to emphasise lens tilt or shallow depth of field (7m)
- Video: Printing greeting cards – Canon PRO-200Keith Cooper looks at greeting cards printed on Canon Pixma PRO-200 - why choosing the right card type is vital, includes specific high resolution test images for cards(12m 40s)
- Video: Using old lenses on modern camerasHow mount adapters let you use old lenses with modern cameras both DSLR and mirrorless. Using old lenses on new cameras and why it's fun to experiment (15m)
- Video: Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lightingKeith looks at some features of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp for photographic lighting. A white light CCT mode allows a colour temperature setting from 2500K-9000K. An RGB colour mode allows setting of colours in RGB and HSL modes. (7m 30s)
- Video: Printing and editing wide gamut imagesKeith Cooper looks at printing and editing wide gamut colourful images: Monitor choices and settings, working spaces, printer colour profiles and aspects of soft proofing (22m)
- Video: Differentiating your photo businessStanding out from the crowd - why specialise & differentiate your photography business from the rest. What helps your business profitability and is it a big enough niche. Does Keith need a new hat? (9m 20s)
- How to be a professional photographerSome of Keith Cooper's thoughts and observations for those wanting to become a professional photographer. Things it's worth knowing about. Yes, you can be a pro photographer, but it takes more than photography skills
- Colorado mountain travels Sept-Oct 2008This photo-diary covers a driving tour around the Colorado Rockies in the Fall (September/October 2008). Although my third visit to the state, it's actually the first time I've been in Colorado at this time of the year. A good year for the Fall colours. This time I'm travelling with Karen and we're leaving the UK via Manchester, which is a new route for me.
- Fixes and tips for the Epson 4800 large format printersCollected information, fixes and tips for the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 large format printers, including MNT REQ 0088 and service manual information
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 4000Ensuring that ink cartridges always read as full on the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17" printer. Turning off the ink counter is an alternative to using a chip reset device.
- Swap black ink on the Epson 4880 PrinterA different way of swapping black ink types on the Epson 4880 printer that reduces ink waste compared to the official technique. Use with care
- Canon 1Ds Mark III image misalignment fixNotes concerning Canon UK service and full repair of a new EOS 1Ds mark 3 camera with a viewfinder misalignment.
- Canon 1Ds Mark III viewfinder misalignmentProblems with some early model Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 cameras where the viewfinder and sensor were incorrectly aligned, with a tilt
- Colormunki printer profiling reviewPrinter profiling with the X-Rite ColorMunki. Review of making ICC printer profiles with the ColorMunki spectrophotometer.
- Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer reviewReview of the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer. Large format printer is 24 inch print width and takes roll paper and sheet media, photo and fine art papers. Inc. 7880/9880 error codes
- basICCaliCube and basICColor Gray card reviewReview of the photographic neutral grey card from BasiCColor and the BasICCaliCube lighting cube, with specular reflection and black reference sections
- Better black and white profiling with the ColorMunkiUsing the Colormunki to create QuadToneRIP (QTR) linearising icc profiles for black and white printmaking. Smoother gradations and unblocked shadows
- Paper review Pinnacle Premium Lustre paperPinnacle Premium Lustre, a 300gsm lustre photo paper from Paper spectrum. Tested on a range of Epson pigment Ink printers (2400/4880/7880). Keith's standard paper for prints.
- i1 Beamer Projector profiling – ReviewReview of Projector profiling with the i1Pro spectrophotometer using the i1 Beamer mount device for the GMB/ X-Rite measuring device an i1Match software
- Innova Photo ultra glossy and matte canvas reviewReview of fine art canvas types from Innova.(IFA35, IFA36) Photo glossy canvas needs no coating, whilst photo matte has a more traditional surface
- Innova Fibaprint Super-Glazed and Semi-Glazed paper reviewTests and review of two fine art papers from Innova, Fibaprint Super-Glazed and Semi-Glazed IFA-58 and IFA-59, tested on an Epson 4880. Note : no longer available
- Error codes and maintenance tank reset SP4000Error codes, maintenance tank reset and service manual information for the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17 inch width pigment ink printer.
- Epson Traditional Photo Paper reviewReview of Epson's Traditional Photo Paper - a fine art lustre finish paper also know as Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper in the USA and some other regions
- Epson Stylus Pro 4880 reviewReview of the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 17" A2+ Printer. Large desktop printer tested with a range of sheet and roll paper and fine-art and photo media types
- X-Rite ColorMunki Photo – ReviewReview of the X-Rite ColorMunki spectrophotometer and software. Monitor profiling and calibration, spot colour measurement and printer profiling
- Review – sharpening images with Nik Sharpener ProDetailed review of Nik Sharpener pro V3. Tested as a photoshop plugin allowing a range of sharpening effects for screen and print.
- Spyder 3 Pro – ReviewReview of the Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro colorimeter for monitor profiling and calibration of monitors and laptop screens
- Room lighting for image editingPaying some attention to the lighting levels and decoration in the areas where you edit photographs has a beneficial influence on quality and consistency
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US