All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Canon iPF6400 – 6450 printer review Detailed review of the imagePROGRAF iPF6450 (ipF6400) 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and print setup for colour and black and white
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer use, including basic testing of printing and measuring patches with the SU-21 using the supplied Canon software.
- Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer paper review Review of Hahnemuhle Albrecht Durer textured watercolour paper. Bight white, OBA free 210gsm mould made textured art paper
- Innova Decor papers review Review of Innova IFA23 Decor watercolour paper. Textured rough surface paper is 245gsm weight and has a bright white finish
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper review Review of the 310 gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White paper. 100% cotton based paper with smooth surface and moderate OBA content.
- Innova FibaPrint Matte 280gsm IFA 39 paper review Review of the IFA39 FibaPrint Matte paper from Innova. Smooth surface finish with minimal OBA content. 280gsm weight. Tested on Canon iPF6450.
- Why you must sharpen images An awful lot of uninformed comment about the need for and desirability of image sharpening clutters up forums. Myths and misunderstanding spread far and wide, and the temptation to ignore image sharpening, because it's contentious, is easy to understand.
- Eizo ColorEdge CX 240 monitor review Review of the Eizo CX240 24 inch monitor. Wide gamut display tested with ColorNavigator software and a range of measuring devices. Includes built in calibration check
- On site product product photography setup Basic colour management and photography options for photographing large numbers of products out of the studio. Efficient setup reduces the processing needed
- Review of Topaz Clarity Review of Clarity the Topaz labs image editing plugin. Clarity aims to boost global and local contrast and colour without halos and other artefacts
- Review of Topaz Adjust V5 Topaz Adjust Version 5 review. Image editing plugin covers a wide range of image editing functions, including exposure, colour and types of sharpening
- iPrint Pure 3D film – media review Review of iPrint Pure 3D film. Transparent 500 micron printable film with apparent 'bubblewrap' embossed holographic texture. Tested in a Canon iPF8300 printer
- Canon iPF6450-6400 setup and assembly Assembly and setup guide for the Canon imagePROGRAF 6400 and 6450 printer. Unpacking, and installation of PF05 printheads and ink
- Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup Canon iPF6450 SU-21 spectrophotometer setup guide. Initial setup and attachment for the SU21 X-Rite spectro on the 24" large format printer.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2000 review Epson Stylus Photo R2000 full review, using the SP R2000 A3+ printer for colour and black and white printing, with custom ICC profiles. 13 inch print width and roll media support
- Review – Kuuvik Capture beta preview Kuuvik Capture software review. Software for tethering Canon cameras directly to Apple Mac computers for direct camera control
- Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II Information about the Canon TS-E 24mm 3.5L II tilt shift lens. Sample images and testing with a Canon 1Ds mk3 and 5Ds
- Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review Detailed Canon Pixma PRO-10 printer review, looking at colour and black and white pigment ink based printing a range of paper types up to A3 plus size (13" width)
- PPL TSE-Adapter – lens shift review The PPL TSE Adapter attaches Canon TS-E shift lenses directly to a tripod mount. This lets you shift the camera not the lens, eliminating parallax errors
- PermaJet Titanium Lustre – paper review Paper review of PermaJet Titanium Lustre paper. Metallic finish photo paper gives a distinctive reflection of light to paper surface. 280 gsm
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]