All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Epson SureColor P600 initial setup Setting up the Epson SC-P600 A3plus (13 inch width) printer. Installing inks, drivers and connecting the printer to your computer.
- DxO Optics Pro V10 – Review Image processing with version 10 of DxO Optics Pro. Lighting adjustment, lens corrections and processing of camera RAW files and photos
- Review – Topaz Glow V1 Review of Topaz Glow. Version 1 of the image editing plugin to extract detail, edges and lines and apply artistic effects to images
- MegaMast – a 28 foot camera tripod/mast review Carbon fibre tripod takes up to 6lbs of camera gear up to heights of 28 feet (8.4 metres). Tested with CamRanger wifi based remote control unit for cameras. Full pan and tilt control with acces to camera settings and live view on iPad/Phone/computer
- Epson V850 film scanner review Review of the Epson Perfection V850 flatbed scanner. 6400dpi scanning for transparencies, 4800 dpi for photographs. Film and slide holders included
- Print setup for a new fine art paper Setup and profiling an unknown new paper for colour and Black & White printing. Looking at the whole process including media settings and types, and creating icc printer profiles.
- Review update – Topaz Impression V1.1.1 Updated review for Topaz Impression Version 1.1.1. Wider range of adjustment options and preset styles for creative editing of images
- Local prints sell If you want to sell landscape photography, then local views will almost always sell better. Some observations about the business of selling prints. Why some things work better and why you as a photographer may not be the best person to ask.
- How much ink is there in my cartridges Estimated printer ink capacities for different cartridge types for OEM inkjet printers from different manufacturers (Canon, Epson and HP)
- Review of Topaz Impression V1.0 Topaz Impression. Review of version 1 of the image editing plugin to create artistic interpretations of photographic images, and edit them
- Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer review Detailed review of the Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer. A 13" width (A3+ paper size) dye ink based printer for colour and black and white.
- Museo Silver Rag review Looking at Museo Silver Rag 300gsm semi-gloss cotton rag paper, tested on a Canon iPF8300. Paper supplied under the Canon Oce brand.
- Museo Max 250 cotton rag paper Testing Museo Max 250, a cotton OBA free smoothish ('velina') matt art paper on the Canon iPF8300. Includes print set-up details
- Becoming a freelance photographer 5 Things to know - It's just over 10 years ago that I decided to put away my business suit and become a full time professional photographer. I'm still regularly asked how to do it, and what is needed.
- Review of Tonality Pro Review of Tonality Pro Software from Macphun to create black and white images from colour photographs. Plugin Version 1. Apple Mac software
- Review update Topaz Adjust V5.1 Updated review for Topaz Adjust V5.1 image editing plugin. New cleaner, more modern interface, effects previews and ability to mask effects.
- Review of Topaz ReMask V4 Topaz ReMask version 4 review. Image editing plugin for cutting out sections of images using various selection processes and tools.
- PhotoSweeper – cleaning up photo libraries A (Mac) application that will quickly sort through Lightroom, Aperture and iPhoto image libraries, or folders of images and locate duplicates and similar files (by time or by image content for example).
- Canon EW-73C lens hood from modifying an EW-73B Lens hood for the EF-S 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS Modifying a cheap third party EW-73B lens hood to match a Canon EW-73C lens hood at a fraction of the price.
- Review of Topaz Lens Effects Topaz Lens Effects V1.2, an image editing plugin that provides different lens effects such as blur, vignetting, bokeh and coloured and graduated filters.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks