All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Review Hahnemuhle baryta satin and photo pearl Short review of two Hahnemuhle papers tested during Keith's Canon PRO-1000 printer review. Hahnemuhle Satin Baryta 300 and Hahnemuhle Photo Pearl 310. The Baryta Satin is a warmer and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose) without brightening agents. The Photo pearl is a brighter white paper, more like a traditional pearl finish photo paper. The Baryta Satin is a warmer (OBA free) and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose).
- Canon PRO-1000 printer review Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a colour optimiser coat. Tested for colour and B&W printing on a range of media types. Paper sixes up to A2, with borderless print options.
- Review: LAOWA 60mm f/2.8 2:1 Macro lens (Venus) Laowa 60mm f2.8 2:1 macro lens review. Tested on a Canon 100D as standard and macro lens. Fully manual lens with a range of mount options for different cameras.
- Venus LAOWA 15mm shift macro review Review of the Venus Laowa 15mm f4 1:1 macro shift lens. EF mount version tested on a Canon 100D & 5Ds. Fully manual lens combines wide angle, 1:1 macro and has +-6mm of shift
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- ImageNest RIP review: V4 update V4 of ImageNest. Mac based RIP handles image layout and sizing for any connected printer. Image nesting and full control over colour management.
- Innova Fine art cotton papers IFA26,27 Review Paper reviews for Innova IFA-26 and Innova IFA-27 bright white cotton Soft Textured and Cold Press Rough Textured matte art papers.
- Innova Gloss Polycotton Canvas review IFA 56 Review of Innova IFA-56 glossy polycotton canvas. Natural white 390gsm canvas for aqueous pigment and dye based inks. Microporous Gloss Coating.
- Review of the GOframe canvas display system Review of the GOframe canvas print system. It consists of pre-cut wooden frame sections and jigs that allow for simple attachment and stretching of a canvas, with no specialist tools.
- Replacement Canon camera battery guide EOS Canon Camera batteries. Short guide to the range of batteries used in Canon EOS DSLR cameras for power and maintenance of date and time
- Review of Topaz DeNoise 6 Review of the DeNoise image editing plugin from Topaz labs. Version 6 can run as a standalone app, and supports preset noise reduction options for many cameras.
- Canon iPF8300 review and notes Ongoing Canon iPF8300 review and notes about using the imagePROGRAF iPF8300 44 inch large format printer, by Keith Cooper. Notes date back to setting up the printer in November 2010
- Basic Photoshop Elements tutorials Basic image adjustment tutorials with Photoshop Elements. Using just the most basic tools that are essential parts of image editing
- Printer Test Images Collection of printer test images - colour and monochrome (black and white). Test photos for printer and monitor checking.
- Epson SureColor SC-P400 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P400 13 inch width (A3+) pigment ink printer. Wide range of media and prints on roll paper up to 3.2m long
- MPB ND2-400 variable ND filter review Review of the MPB ND2-400 variable neutral density (ND) filter. 1 to 8 stops of additional exposure. 82mm version tested on a TS-E24mm shift lens. Examples show why you might use such a filter
- MPB camera shoulder bag review Lightweight (400gm) camera shoulder bag from MPB. A smaller bag for when you don't need to take every last bit of kit you own with you.
- Making a living from professional photography Keith Cooper has now run Northlight Images for over ten years as a professional photographer. What makes the business work? and how do you need to approach it in order for it to be far more than a paid hobby.
- MPB Harrier Tripod review Review of the Harrier model carbon fibre tripod from MPB. One leg can double as monopod. Max load: 13kg. Weight: 1.0kg. Height: 1460mm. Folded: 430mm
- HP ENVY 5540 printer review Review of the All-in-one HP Envy 5540 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer. A4 print size with double sided (duplex) printing and 6x4 borderless photo printing
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks