All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- TS-E 135mm f/4L macro review Review of the Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L macro tilt/shift lens. How to use the ±10 degrees of tilt and ±12mm of shift offered by the telephoto macro lens
- Laowa 25mm f2.8 macro review Review of the Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro lens from Venus optics. Manual focus macro lens tested on a 50MP Canon 5Ds (EF, F,FE an K mounts available)
- Repairing an Epson P5000 printer Repairing an Epson P5000 17" A2 printer after a head strike - just how much damage can a small object cause. Head and capping station replacement
- i1Studio update 1.1 X-rite update i1Studio to version 1.1. Includes ability to save measurements from multiple charts when creating printer icc profiles (V2 and V4 supported)
- KF150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite review Review of the KF-150 TTL Flash Macro Ring Lite by K&F Concept. Multi flash mode Canon compatible with LED modelling light and independently adjustable flash units. Nikon version available.
- Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review Kaiser KR90 LED ring light review. 30 white 3 chip LEDs in a dimmable circular cordless ringlight. Internal li-ion battery, charger and 12V car adapter
- K&F ND1000 filter review Review from testing the K&F Concept ND1000 10 stop neutral density filter for longer exposures. 82mm low profile glass lens filter
- Rogeti TSE frame review Review of the Rogeti TSE frame - lens mount for Canon TS-E 17mm and 24mm tilt/shift lenses. Attaches lens directly to a tripod for parallax free image stitching. Accurate image stitching for wide coverage
- DxO PhotoLab review DxO PhotoLab review - photo editing and processing with PhotoLab V1.1 Latest DxO Optics Pro update, RAW processing, lens correction with new local edit adjustments based on the Nik plugins
- Book Review: The photography exercise book Book Review: The photography exercise book by Bert Krages. Training your eye to shoot like a pro. Subjects to study and photograph that will help train your photographic vision and produce the photos you want (and know why)
- Irix 15mm lens review Review of the Irix 15mm f/2.4 Lens. Testing the Firefly model wide angle lens. Optically the same as the more solidly constructed Blackstone model. Tested on a Canon 5Ds
- KF Concept TC2534 Carbon Tripod review K& F Concept TC2534 66" Carbon fibre tripod review. Light weight tripod, with ball head and optional monopod option. 10kg support
- Lens testing for coma with a laser star Testing lenses for coma with a laser pointer star simulator in the daytime. Simple test setup also shows starburst diffraction spikes
- Keith Cooper’s City Light Luminar presets Keith's 'City Light' presets for MacPhun's Luminar photo editing software. Developed for architectural images when converting from colour to B&W. Before and after examples, and how they differ from 'straight' B&W conversions. Also using them as a luminance adjustment for colour images.
- i1Studio calibration and profiling review X-Rite i1Studio calibration and profiling review. Calibrate monitors and projectors. Profile reflection and transmission scanners, and profile papers for colour and black and white printing.
- Luminar 2018 review Luminar 2018 photo editing software - a review update. Filters, speed and attention to RAW processing, with asset management on its way
- BenQ SW271 monitor review Keith reviews BenQ's latest high end monitor. The BenQ SW271 27inch width display features 3840x2160 resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio and accepts 4k HDR video. Dual HDMI inputs along with Displayport, Thunderbolt/USB3. Technicolor certified
- Topaz Studio additions Topaz Studio additions - new functionality from existing Topaz plugins added to the free Topaz Studio editing application.
- Book Review: Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photographer Book review: Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photographer (Tad Crawford, Chuck DeLaney) Just how do you run a photography business. What things do you need to address? How will you market and sell your services, and make your business last.
- Review of the Epson P5000 printer Review of the Epson Surecolor P5000 printer. 17 inch width A2, with roll support and paper cartridge for sheet media. Looking at print capabilities and colour management
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our occasional (ad-free) Newsletter
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
For All about using tilt and shift - articles/reviews about tilt/shift lenses
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)