All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Photography business tips that miss the point More common photography business tips are discussed, along with reasons that they may not be particularly good ones for a successful business (pt.2)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650 review Review notes for the Canon PIXMA MG3650. Looking at setup and basic functionality for the A4 4 ink printer. Photo printing and document scanning
- Photography business tips that are wrong Some common photography business tips are discussed, suggesting that many popular ideas are simply wrong for your photographic business (pt.1)
- X-rite i1 Profiler product overview and reviews X-rite i1 Profiler product updates and reviews of features and functionality for creating icc profiles for devices (such as printers and monitors)
- Moving back to film photography Returning to film? Rediscovering old film equipment offers a simpler more direct world of photography. Is it time for Keith to buy some camera batteries and rolls of film?
- Ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre An ultra high resolution view of Leicester city centre from the roof of St George's tower, that you can zoom in to and explore - approximately 4700 megapixels
- Review: LensPacks lens holders for camera bags Review of LensPacks lens retainer for camera bags. Lens mount device holds lenses firmly into a camera bag, reducing movement and speeds up swapping lenses.
- Samyang XP 14mm f/2.4 lens review Samyang XP 14mm f/2.4 / Rokinon Special Performance (SP) 14mm F2.4 lens review - manual focus ultra wide angle lens, tested on the Canon 5Ds 50MP full frame camera, also available in Nikon F mount
- The changing light at sunset – photographing buildings Photographing buildings as the sun sets - an experiment to look at the changing light, and how a few minutes makes all the difference. A series of photos taken after the sun sets gives a feel for the range of lighting variation you can use
- Large prints – The Photography Show 2017 All about making bigger prints. Articles and reviews that expand upon issues covered in Keith Cooper's talks and presentations at the Photography Show at the NEC in Birmingham in March 2017
- Photographic skill without marketing is just a hobby Why photographic skill without business marketing is just a hobby. How to be better than most pro photographers at running a photo business, by thinking about it seriously.
- View from St. George’s Tower, Leicester A 300 megapixel view of Leicester city centre from St. George's Tower. Looking northwest along Charles Street towards the city. Image can be zoomed and panned to explore the view
- FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software review Review of FoCal autofocus adjustment and calibration software. The software from Reikan automates camera autofocus microadjustment for many Nikon and Canon cameras that have the feature. Works for Mac and Windows and includes additional functions for evaluating some aspects of lens performance.
- How much could using this image cost you? Finding out your images have been stolen and used on the web is never nice. Some of the techniques Keith uses to find our photos and how Pixsy just helped us get several hundred pounds for one image used without permission on one blog post.
- Datacolor Spyder 5 Elite Plus review Spyder 5 Elite plus upgrade to Datacolor's Spyder 5 Elite monitor calibrator and profiling. Add-on software upgrade for soft proofing, improved grey balance and a wider range of customisation options.
- Datacolor Spyder5PRO monitor calibrator review Review of the Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro monitor calibrator. Calibration and profiling of your monitor/monitors for reliability and optimal display quality
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art review Review of the Sigma 12-14mm f4 lens. Ultra wide angle zoom lens tested on the Canon 5Ds. Review looks at the challenges of making effective use of a very wide angle lens and how it performs from a handling, sharpness and distortion viewpoint. Includes a brief comparison with the Canon EF11-24 f4L
- Moving a Canon PRO-2000 printer Following on from our PRO-2000 review, it needed shipping back to Canon. There are several options for moving such a printer (or a larger PRO-4000), the one we needed uses up a lot of ink. Take care when installing your large format printer if you ever intend to move it.
- BenQ SW320 32inch 4k monitor review Keith Cooper reviews the SW320 BenQ 31.5 inch 4K high resolution monitor. The wide gamut monitor has Adobe98 coverage and supports hardware profiling with a 14 bit 3D LUT. The supplied profiling/calibration software supports different measurement devices. Comes with a display shielding hood and individual factory calibration certificate.
- Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens review Samyang (Rokinon) 12mm F2.8 ED AS NCS Fish-eye lens review. Using a fisheye lens for more than obvious 'fisheye' shots. Looking at the unique stereographic projection geometry of the Samyang full frame fisheye lens
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)