All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Zeiss MC S 135mm f3-5 on Canon 100D Testing an M42 screw fit Zeiss MC S 135mm f3.5 manual focus telephoto lens on a Canon 100D/SL1 crop sensor camera with an M42-EF adapter.
- Innova FibaPrint Baryta IFA69 paper review Innova have announced a new 310 gsm paper with a Baryta (Barium Sulphate) layer for its whiteness and weight. It's a good white, and not too warm for more general use.
- Reviews are difficult, and that’s a good thing I’ve been writing product and software reviews on the Northlight Images site for well over 10 years now, and whilst the writing side of things has become easier with practice, finding the differences between one model and what replaces it gets increasingly difficult.
- Replacing Canon large format printheads – iPF8300 / PF05 Replacing a Canon large format printhead on the 44" iPF8300 / PF05 printer after one fails. Canon large format print heads are a consumable part and fully user replaceable.
- Photosniper 300mm with Canon 100D Using the Russian Tair 3 phs Photosniper 300mm f4.5 lens and rifle stock with a Canon EOS 100D/SL1 DSLR. Includes modification to use external trigger
- Cleaning Canon printheads – iPF8300 – PF05 Cleaning and replacing the printheads - on a Canon iPF8300 large format printer, with the PF-05 printhead. Canon large format print heads are a user replaceable part. Whilst cleaning might help, it could be that you need a new print head.
- Using old lenses on a modern digital DSLR camera Lens adapters allow you to use old lenses on a modern digital DSLR camera. Many old lenses work very well if you can live without autofocus. Performance varies, but it's possible to learn lot of use for the rest of your photography
- DxO Optics Pro V9.1 – Review Review of DxO Optics Pro version 9.1. Software for processing camera image files, offering distortion correction and different types of noise reduction
- Macro on the Canon EOS 100D SL1 Using the 18MP Canon EOS 100D (SL1) for macrophotography. Tested with extension tubes and a tilt/shift lens and the specialised MP-E65 Macro lens. Showing some benefits of a crop sensor camera with small pixels
- NEC SpectraView Reference 272 monitor review Review of the NEC SpectraView Reference 272 monitor. High specification 27 inch LCD monitor with hardware calibration options
- Review Samyang-Rokinon 14mm f2-8 Review of the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC wide angle lens. EF mount version tested on a 21MP Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame camera. Other lens mounts supported.
- Changing the Canon iPF8300 MC-08 maintenance cartridge Changing the maintenance cartridge (waste ink tank) on large format Canon iPF printers. Example shows MC-08 cartridge on an iPF8300 44" printer
- Review of Topaz Detail plugin Topaz Detail. Review of image editing plugin from Topaz Labs for adjustment of sharpness, local contrast enhancement and image tonality.
- Balancing lighting with the Spydercube The Spydercube is a quick way to set white balance for product photography. I've been testing the Samyang 14mm f2.8 ultrawide lens recently and used it for a quick pack shot.
- Review of Topaz Simplify 4 Simplify V4. Topaz image editing plugin for extracting and adjusting detail and structural elements of images. Range of preset settings and adjustments
- Review of Topaz BW Effects 2 plugin BW Effects, review of Topaz Labs image editing plugin for converting colour photographs to black and white. Control over tonality and film emulation
- Using a shift lens – why not just fix verticals in software Using a shift lens to correct image geometry, such as converging verticals, seems like a lot of expense. Why it's better than doing it in software
- Review Samyang 24mm tilt shift lens A review of the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC Tilt-Shift Lens, tested on an EF mount Canon 1Ds mk3. Other mounts available.
- Use a survey tripod for the GigaPan Epic Pro Making use of a survey tripod and tribrach with thread size adapters to level and mount a GigaPan Epic Pro. Very solid and easy to set up and accurately level for GigaPan photos
- So, why are -you- taking photos these days What challenges are there for photographers in the digital age. Some of the technical and inspirational difficulties for photographers at all levels, and what you might want to do about them.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]