All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Review of Piccure+ software Software to sharpen image detail lost through lens softness. Also corrects chromatic aberration, noise and small amounts of camera shake.
- Canon EF 11-24mm f4L review Detailed review and testing of the Canon EF11-24 f4L ultra-wide zoom lens. Tested on a full frame Canon 1Ds3 Mk3. Also compared with other wide angle lenses.
- Review – Topaz ReStyle Review of the image editing plugin Restyle from Topaz Labs. Image alterations are based on palettes of selected colour and tone
- BenQ PG2401PT monitor review Review of BenQ PG2401PT, a wide gamut LCD monitor that comes with a version of X-Rite's i1Profiler software for calibration and profiling
- Three Olmec Photo papers – review Paper review. Three different Olmec photo paper types, including pearl and metallic finishes. Papers profiled and tested for the Epson P600
- Multiple Scans of Black and White film compared After reviewing the Epson Perfection V850 film scanner, Keith Cooper looks at the same piece of film scanned in several different scanners, including drum scanning
- Epson SureColor P600 printer review Detailed Epson SureColor P600 review. The SC-P600 is an A3 plus (13" width) pigment ink printer tested with different papers for colour and black & white. It supports borderless printing, roll paper and CD/DVD printing
- Epson SureColor P600 initial setup Setting up the Epson SC-P600 A3plus (13 inch width) printer. Installing inks, drivers and connecting the printer to your computer.
- DxO Optics Pro V10 – Review Image processing with version 10 of DxO Optics Pro. Lighting adjustment, lens corrections and processing of camera RAW files and photos
- Review – Topaz Glow V1 Review of Topaz Glow. Version 1 of the image editing plugin to extract detail, edges and lines and apply artistic effects to images
- MegaMast – a 28 foot camera tripod/mast review Carbon fibre tripod takes up to 6lbs of camera gear up to heights of 28 feet (8.4 metres). Tested with CamRanger wifi based remote control unit for cameras. Full pan and tilt control with acces to camera settings and live view on iPad/Phone/computer
- Epson V850 film scanner review Review of the Epson Perfection V850 flatbed scanner. 6400dpi scanning for transparencies, 4800 dpi for photographs. Film and slide holders included
- Print setup for a new fine art paper Setup and profiling an unknown new paper for colour and Black & White printing. Looking at the whole process including media settings and types, and creating icc printer profiles.
- Review update – Topaz Impression V1.1.1 Updated review for Topaz Impression Version 1.1.1. Wider range of adjustment options and preset styles for creative editing of images
- Local prints sell If you want to sell landscape photography, then local views will almost always sell better. Some observations about the business of selling prints. Why some things work better and why you as a photographer may not be the best person to ask.
- How much ink is there in my cartridges Estimated printer ink capacities for different cartridge types for OEM inkjet printers from different manufacturers (Canon, Epson and HP)
- Review of Topaz Impression V1.0 Topaz Impression. Review of version 1 of the image editing plugin to create artistic interpretations of photographic images, and edit them
- Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer review Detailed review of the Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer. A 13" width (A3+ paper size) dye ink based printer for colour and black and white.
- Museo Silver Rag review Looking at Museo Silver Rag 300gsm semi-gloss cotton rag paper, tested on a Canon iPF8300. Paper supplied under the Canon Oce brand.
- Museo Max 250 cotton rag paper Testing Museo Max 250, a cotton OBA free smoothish ('velina') matt art paper on the Canon iPF8300. Includes print set-up details
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]