...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: Black and White from colourKeith looks the basics of turning a colour image into black and white. Why simple 'convert to BW' conversions are often only a starting point, and how simple adjustments can change the whole feel of the image (8m 30s)
- Video: So, you want to sell your prints?Keith is often asked where to sell photo prints. Is this really the key question you should be asking? Do you know will buy them and what they want? First of a series of videos looking at what to do with your prints (6m 30s)
- Video: Rogeti 360 Panoramic HeadKeith looks at the Rogeti 360 Panoramic Head. A light weight (~760g) panoramic photography tripod head for multi-shot pano photography. Shown with a fisheye lens and using a TSE Frame to fit Canon TS-E 17/24/50mm lenses (11m)
- Video: Printing to improve your photographyKeith looks at printing your own photos, and how it can improve all of your photography skills. The basics of starting to print, including getting print that look more like what you are seeing on screen and what papers to start with(10m 30s)
- Video: Canon PRO-200 printer review overviewReview overview of the Canon PRO-200 A3+ (13") dye based ink printer by Keith Cooper. Successor to the PRO-100. Looking at the main features of the printer (14 mins)
- Video: Panoramic printing PRO-200Video: Printing panoramic prints up to 1m length on the Canon Pixma PRO-200 printer. Using standard and custom paper sizes with the Canon PPL software, includes soft proofing (12m 40s)
- X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 plus reviewReview of the X-Rite i1Photo Pro 3 Plus monitor, scanner and printer profiling package using the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer. Backlit printed materials can now be profiled, and the spectrophotometer has an M3 option for polarised measurements
- Panoramic printing review using Fotospeed paperWide prints and panoramic photo composition. Review of Fotospeed panoramic paper (210mm x 594mm) for wide prints colour and black and white. Some thoughts about making wide prints work.
- Hasselblad H6D-50C and HTS adapterShort review of working with the Hasselblad H6D-50C 50MP Medium format camera using the XCD28mm lens and HTS adapter for tilt and shift
- Luminar Flex 1.1Luminar Flex app and plugin has a free update to version 1.1 by Skylum. Adds Luminar AI tools to Photoshop, Lightroom and Photos for Mac. Lets you use layers, blending and masking in editing photos.. Functional demo available.
- Imadio Fisheye-Hemi V2 reviewImadio Fisheye-Hemi V2 review update. The Image geometry correction software allows fine tuning adjustment parameters whilst still keeping basic adjustment options for correcting the distortions of fisheye type lenses.
- X-Rite i1iO reviewReview using the X-Rite i1iO automated patch reader for printer profiling using the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer and i1Profiler software. The robot arm accepts the original i1Pro and the i1Pro 2
- Review – Topaz Adjust AITopaz Adjust AI review - Image adjustment app and plugin offering updates to Topaz Adjust, Topaz Detail and Topaz Clarity
- X-Rite ColorChecker Nano cardA very small Colorchecker card from X-Rite. It is sized at 25mm x 40mm for use in close-up and macro photography. Can be used to create colour profiles for cameras and all other applications of full size cards
- SpyderX Studio reviewReview of the Spyder X Studio kit from Datacolor. Includes the Spyder X Elite monitor calibrator, SpyderCube white balance and exposure tool and SpyderPrint printer profiling kit for creating ICC printer profiles
- Kuuvik Capture V4.3 review updateReview update Kuuvik Capture camera tethering software is updated to V4.3 Looking at software features, new camera support and working modes
- ESDDI LED lighting Portable Photo Studio BoxESDDI Portable Photo Studio Box (20" x 20" - 50 x 50cm) with dimmable mains powered LED lighting (120 lights). Includes 4 colours of backdrop. Tabletop product photo box
- Detailed Panasonic S1R camera reviewPanasonic Lumix S1R usage review. Using the 47MP full frame mirrorless camera with special emphasis on the 187MP multi-shot high resolution mode and support of third party specialist lenses.
- Review: DxO Nik Collection 2Nik Collection 2 image editing plugins - Updated Nik plugin collection from DxO with improved compatibility for modern apps. Links to Keith's detailed reviews and discussion of new functionality
- ESDDI LED ring lightESDDI 3200K - 5600K dimmable LED ring light. 14 inch diameter 40W mains powered with 2m adjustable support stand. 360 LEDs giving ~4000 lumens output.
- Reverse grad filter 100x150mmUsing the K&F Concept Reverse graduated neutral density GND8 3 stop filter 100x150mm. Rectangular filter with graduated filter density
- Rogeti TSE Frame III for TS-E50Rogeti have launched a version of their TSE Frame mk3 lens mount for the Canon TS-E50mm tilt/shift lens. The mount reduces parallax issues for image stitching when using shift with the lens
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro APO reviewReview and testing the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x macro lens. Canon EF mount manual focus medium telephoto 100mm lens from Venus Optics. Tests include the Panasonic S1R in it high resolution 187MP mode.
- A simple black and white printA simple black and white print workflow aimed at showing just how easy it is to create a black and white landscape print, with a few simple edits.
- What are you doing with your photosHow do you decide what to do with all the photos you take, why did you take them and who gets to see them. A process any photographer should think about. Yes, this means you...
- Fotospeed Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 paper reviewFotospeed Smooth cotton 300 paper review. Smooth matte surface surface, Cotton based 300gsm white paper. Takes a good ink load and for a matte paper gives solid colour and B&W tonality
- Topaz Denoise AI new software reviewTopaz Denoise AI, image noise reduction software review. Works as plugin or standalone application for noise reduction with detail preservation
- Review: Using the Canon EOS RPCamera usage review: Using the full frame 26MP Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera. Features and real life use for a long time Canon DSLR user. How it performs and what needs doing to make it even better
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US