All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- BenQ SW240 monitor hood SH240 Fitting the SH240 Monitor hood for the 24" BenQ SW240 wide gamut hardware calibrated monitor. Fits the monitor in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography Book Review: Mastering Macro Photography by David Taylor. Equipment, lighting and technique for photographing small things
- Topaz AI Gigapixel V2 Topaz AI Gigapixel software is updated to V2. Improves GPU performance for image resizing and enlargement. 30 day trial available
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
- Yes, I welcome EOS R Why the Canon EOS R system will change my photography, but not just yet. How the RF lens mount and new lenses are what may make me change. How do you decide when to jump?
- Peli 1535 Air Case review Review of the Peli 1535 Air Case. A tough air carry on sized hard case for camera equipment. Tested with the TrekPak reconfigurable interior divider system
- Book Review: Mastering Exposure Book Review: Mastering Exposure by David Taylor. Looking at the basic principles of photographic exposure, shutter, aperture and ISO. A great starting point for moving away from camera auto modes.
- Canon camera mounts and change Canon camera mounts and change. Canon FD, EF, EF-S, EF-M and RF. How does it affect your photography and does it really matter. What does the RF mount mean for APS-C cameras - does anyone really keep their old 18-55 lenses?
- Topaz AI Clear review Topaz AI Clear review - A automated Image processing 'pro' adjustment within Topaz Studio. Noise reduction and sharpening for photographs.
- Book Review: Mastering Long Exposure Book Review: Mastering Long Exposure - A definitive guide for photographers by Antony Zacharias. Looking at uses for and the techniques needed for long exposure photography in any lighting conditions.
- Book Review: From Dawn to Dusk Book Review: 'From Dawn to Dusk' - Mastering the light in landscape photography, Technique and practice by Ross Hoddinott and Mark Bauer. The importance of planning and timing. Ammonite Press
- Simple Inkjet printer cleaning Cleaning old, clogged and dried up ink from inkjet printers using commonly available household cleaning products. Common solvents and additives quickly cut though ink buildup. A look at different household cleaners and how they can help shift dried up printer ink
- Topaz AI GigaPixel review Topaz AI GigaPixel software review. Testing Topaz's image resizing software on a range of sample images and testing results on screen and as large prints, Standalone app lets you resize to 600% and handles huge files
- Epson SureLab SL-D700 review Review of the Epson SureLab SL-D700 six colour photo printer. Supports roll media from 102-210mm wide. Prints up to 1 metre in length, with built in cutter
- Setting the tilt axis for tilt-shift lenses Setting the tilt axis for tilt-shift lenses to an arbitrary angle other than vertical or horizontal, so as to match the desired plane of focus for subjects. ideal for product photography where simple untilted depth of field is not good enough.
- Aerial views of Leicester This collection of aerial photos of Leicester, shows some of the highlights of Keith's recent trip over the city. It is intended to give anyone who knows the city a very different angle on its 2000 years of history. Prints are available.
- Fixing lens aberrations for shift lenses Approaches for manually fixing lens aberrations for tilt/shift lenses. Vignetting, pincushion and barrel distortion, and chromatic aberration. What to do when you forgot to note down the settings of your T/S lens
- Rogeti TSE Frame update Rogeti have announced a minor TSE Frame update - The lens mount for the Canon TS-E17mm and TS-E24mm mk2. lenses lets you attach the lens to a tripod and shift the camera, to reduce parallax errors when stitching.
- How to use a shift lens on your camera How to use a shift lens on a camera, the results you get and why you should use one. Perspective control and changing your viewpoint with specialist lenses, Why doing it in camera beats software
- Taking better photos is up to you Taking better photos is up to you and why better kit is mostly an illusion. Looking at some simple ways to get more out of your photography and thinking about why you are doing it. The problem of wondering what to photograph next.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)