All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- ImageNest RIP review: V4 update V4 of ImageNest. Mac based RIP handles image layout and sizing for any connected printer. Image nesting and full control over colour management.
- Innova Fine art cotton papers IFA26,27 Review Paper reviews for Innova IFA-26 and Innova IFA-27 bright white cotton Soft Textured and Cold Press Rough Textured matte art papers.
- Innova Gloss Polycotton Canvas review IFA 56 Review of Innova IFA-56 glossy polycotton canvas. Natural white 390gsm canvas for aqueous pigment and dye based inks. Microporous Gloss Coating.
- Review of the GOframe canvas display system Review of the GOframe canvas print system. It consists of pre-cut wooden frame sections and jigs that allow for simple attachment and stretching of a canvas, with no specialist tools.
- Replacement Canon camera battery guide EOS Canon Camera batteries. Short guide to the range of batteries used in Canon EOS DSLR cameras for power and maintenance of date and time
- Review of Topaz DeNoise 6 Review of the DeNoise image editing plugin from Topaz labs. Version 6 can run as a standalone app, and supports preset noise reduction options for many cameras.
- Canon iPF8300 review and notes Ongoing Canon iPF8300 review and notes about using the imagePROGRAF iPF8300 44 inch large format printer, by Keith Cooper. Notes date back to setting up the printer in November 2010
- Basic Photoshop Elements tutorials Basic image adjustment tutorials with Photoshop Elements. Using just the most basic tools that are essential parts of image editing
- Epson SureColor SC-P400 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P400 13 inch width (A3+) pigment ink printer. Wide range of media and prints on roll paper up to 3.2m long
- MPB ND2-400 variable ND filter review Review of the MPB ND2-400 variable neutral density (ND) filter. 1 to 8 stops of additional exposure. 82mm version tested on a TS-E24mm shift lens. Examples show why you might use such a filter
- MPB camera shoulder bag review Lightweight (400gm) camera shoulder bag from MPB. A smaller bag for when you don't need to take every last bit of kit you own with you.
- Making a living from professional photography Keith Cooper has now run Northlight Images for over ten years as a professional photographer. What makes the business work? and how do you need to approach it in order for it to be far more than a paid hobby.
- MPB Harrier Tripod review Review of the Harrier model carbon fibre tripod from MPB. One leg can double as monopod. Max load: 13kg. Weight: 1.0kg. Height: 1460mm. Folded: 430mm
- HP ENVY 5540 printer review Review of the All-in-one HP Envy 5540 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer. A4 print size with double sided (duplex) printing and 6x4 borderless photo printing
- MPB Falcon Monopod review Review of the lightweight MPB carbon fibre monopod. The 'Falcon' model weighs only 350gm, extends to 150cm (42 cm min) and supports up to 5kg of kit. 3/8" and 1/4" fittings
- Review – Aurora HDR Macphun Aurora HDR. Software plugin and standalone app for building high dynamic range (HDR) images from one or more photos
- Topaz Texture Effects Review Review of the Texture Effects image editing plugin from Topaz Labs. You can add textured, toned, and lighting effects to images and share preset collections
- BenQ SW2700PT monitor review Review of the BenQ SW2700PT monitor. 27 inch 2560x1440 IPS LCD monitor with 99% Adobe98 gamut and hardware calibration and hood.
- Topaz ReMask V5 Review Image editing plugin that speeds up masking and the creation of cutout images. ReMask V5 adds background replacement and a performance boost, as a plugin or standalone app
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks