All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Supporting the site…
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Better scenic and landscape holiday photos Keith was recently asked for a few quick and -simple- tips for better scenic vacation photos by a local business group. A few basic ideas that have stood the test of time and help create better looking landscape photos.
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 printer review Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 24" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a gloss optimiser coat. Dual roll feed option. Roll and sheet media tested, including a print over 7m long.
- Mirage print software review (V3.5) A review of the Mirage print software by Dinax. Tested with the Canon PRO-2000 printer, the software now supports Canon and Epson large format printers. One feature is its freedom from print length limitations, ideal for huge pano prints at photo print resolutions.
- Review update – Topaz Glow V2 Topaz Glow version 2 update review. The image editing plugin from Topaz that offers a wide variety of effects, glows, edge and line based enhancements and artistic effects. Update is free for existing users.
- Canon PRO-2000, 4000 printer setup and installation Assembly and initial setup for the Canon iPF PRO-2000 and PRO-4000 large format printer. Features print head and ink installation and initial configuration, including printer software and network connection.
- Review: LAOWA 12mm f/2.8 ‘Zero-D’ lens Review of the new Laowa 12mm f/2.8 ultra wide angle lens. EF mount version is tested on a full frame 50MP Canon 5Ds. A fully manual lens with negligible geometric distortions. The lens tested is a pre-production unit.
- Kaiser tabletop photo kit review 'Easyfit' tabletop product photography kit with shooting table and two continuous lights with diffusers. Basic product photo setup and examples of use.
- Laowa KX800 Flexible Macro Twin Flash review The Laowa/Venus KX800 is a dual head macro flash with independently adjustable heads on stiff but flexible stalks. Variable flash power and an independent adjustable LED focus assist lamp. Tested on a Canon 100D.
- Hand held tilt/shift? Handheld photography with a tilt/shift lens - it's nowhere near as difficult as you might think. Using a shift lens does not always require a tripod
- Review update – Topaz Impression V2 V2 of Topaz impression adds new preset options and improved controls to the software for creating painting or drawing effects for your images. Adds masking and more flexible brush control.
- Review update Piccure V3 Faster processing and finer control over settings. Piccure Plus is an image sharpening plugin and application that can correct for some aspects of lens softness and camera shake. Updated to V3
- Keith Cooper’s City Light Tonality Presets Keith's 'City Light' presets for the MacPhun Tonality Pro plugin. Developed for architectural images when converting from colour to B&W. Before and after examples, and how they differ from 'straight' B&W conversions. Also using them as a luminance adjustment for colour images.
- Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer review Review of the Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer. All-in-one printer/scanner/copier that supports double sided printing and photo prints up to A3 size (11"x17"). Dual paper tray
- Review Hahnemuhle baryta satin and photo pearl Short review of two Hahnemuhle papers tested during Keith's Canon PRO-1000 printer review. Hahnemuhle Satin Baryta 300 and Hahnemuhle Photo Pearl 310. The Baryta Satin is a warmer and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose) without brightening agents. The Photo pearl is a brighter white paper, more like a traditional pearl finish photo paper. The Baryta Satin is a warmer (OBA free) and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose).
- Canon PRO-1000 printer review Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a colour optimiser coat. Tested for colour and B&W printing on a range of media types. Paper sixes up to A2, with borderless print options.
- Review: LAOWA 60mm f/2.8 2:1 Macro lens (Venus) Laowa 60mm f2.8 2:1 macro lens review. Tested on a Canon 100D as standard and macro lens. Fully manual lens with a range of mount options for different cameras.
- Venus LAOWA 15mm shift macro review Review of the Venus Laowa 15mm f4 1:1 macro shift lens. EF mount version tested on a Canon 100D & 5Ds. Fully manual lens combines wide angle, 1:1 macro and has +-6mm of shift
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- ImageNest RIP review: V4 update V4 of ImageNest. Mac based RIP handles image layout and sizing for any connected printer. Image nesting and full control over colour management.
- Innova Fine art cotton papers IFA26,27 Review Paper reviews for Innova IFA-26 and Innova IFA-27 bright white cotton Soft Textured and Cold Press Rough Textured matte art papers.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks