All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Canon 5Ds is fine with old lenses Despite worries that many more megapixels might mean old lenses needed replacing, some tests with a 5Ds show that it benefits all lenses. A rising tide floats all boats
- Canon 5Ds print performance Evaluating the Canon 5Ds in terms of real world print performance with a great lens, specifically comparing prints taken with the 11MP EOS 1Ds and 21MP EOS 1Ds mk3. Prints edited and optimised for each camera at a range of sizes
- Review update Piccure+ V2.5 Update to Piccure+ software. V2.5. Software speed improved along with image correction features such as blur reduction and chromatic aberration
- Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III impressions Initial thoughts and longer term view of using the Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 DSLR. First used in November 2007, it was Keith Cooper's main camera until May 2015
- Taxis and your photo business How business models change, and your need to adapt. Why a ride sharing taxi application could signify big changes in photography or maybe it won't. Think about it now, or risk an unwanted surprise later.
- Hama Daytour 180 camera bag review Camera back pack review. Hama Daytour 180 is a soft rucksack style camera bag that is well padded with many internal pockets and a rain cover
- Datacolor Spyder5Elite review Review of the Spyder5Elite monitor calibrator and profiling software. Datacolor Spyder5 supports multiple monitors, and projector calibration. Custom settings allow for more flexibility in selecting optimal calibration and profiling.
- Epson SureColor SC-P800 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor P800 printer. A2 sheet paper (17" width) and roll paper support. Tested with a variety of paper types, colour and B&W
- Review update – Tonality Pro v1.2 Review update - Tonality Pro 1.2 Improved functionality and performance for MacPhun's specialist image editing plugin and app for B&W photography
- Review of Piccure+ software Software to sharpen image detail lost through lens softness. Also corrects chromatic aberration, noise and small amounts of camera shake.
- Canon EF 11-24mm f4L review Detailed review and testing of the Canon EF11-24 f4L ultra-wide zoom lens. Tested on a full frame Canon 1Ds3 Mk3. Also compared with other wide angle lenses.
- Review – Topaz ReStyle Review of the image editing plugin Restyle from Topaz Labs. Image alterations are based on palettes of selected colour and tone
- BenQ PG2401PT monitor review Review of BenQ PG2401PT, a wide gamut LCD monitor that comes with a version of X-Rite's i1Profiler software for calibration and profiling
- Three Olmec Photo papers – review Paper review. Three different Olmec photo paper types, including pearl and metallic finishes. Papers profiled and tested for the Epson P600
- Multiple Scans of Black and White film compared After reviewing the Epson Perfection V850 film scanner, Keith Cooper looks at the same piece of film scanned in several different scanners, including drum scanning
- Epson SureColor P600 printer review Detailed Epson SureColor P600 review. The SC-P600 is an A3 plus (13" width) pigment ink printer tested with different papers for colour and black & white. It supports borderless printing, roll paper and CD/DVD printing
- Epson SureColor P600 initial setup Setting up the Epson SC-P600 A3plus (13 inch width) printer. Installing inks, drivers and connecting the printer to your computer.
- DxO Optics Pro V10 – Review Image processing with version 10 of DxO Optics Pro. Lighting adjustment, lens corrections and processing of camera RAW files and photos
- Review – Topaz Glow V1 Review of Topaz Glow. Version 1 of the image editing plugin to extract detail, edges and lines and apply artistic effects to images
- MegaMast – a 28 foot camera tripod/mast review Carbon fibre tripod takes up to 6lbs of camera gear up to heights of 28 feet (8.4 metres). Tested with CamRanger wifi based remote control unit for cameras. Full pan and tilt control with acces to camera settings and live view on iPad/Phone/computer
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]