All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- The RAW digital image format – why use it A look at the RAW format in camera files and discussion about the many reasons you might choose to use it instead of JPEG
- How do people see your site? Survey of professional photographers viewing habits - archive article based on a 2004 survey. Dates from when the majority of user still used CRT monitors. Includes links to other research and guidelines
- A Digital only trip to Colorado A look at some of the changes when moving from film photography to digital photography after a trip to Colorado by Keith Cooper. The same, but different and better...
- Better Digital Black and White printing on your Inkjet printer Simple technique to make linearising curves for black and white photo prints. Measuring test prints with flatbed scanner provide data for curve construction
- Update for the ColorVision PrintFIX Update information for the original Colorvision (Datacolor) PrintFIX ICC printer profiling system. Includes new calibration card.
- Swapping the black ink on the Epson 7600 and 9600 Black ink swap - An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson 7600/9600 printers, reducing ink waste.
- A 35mm black and white landscape photographer goes digital Looking at what changed and what didn't when a film based landscape photographer decided to make the switch to an all digital workflow.
- Fixing your lens imperfections Review of DxO Optics Pro V1. The very first version of DxO Optics Pro addresses lens distortion problems and fixing them
- Using your film scanner as a microscope Looking at a variety of very small objects using a film scanner as a microscope, with unexposed film as a slide and slide cover. Examples show a Bee wing, sugar and salt crystals, and plant seeds.
- Improving your Macs Colour How colour management is managed on the Apple Mac. This 2003 article originally published in TidBITS online magazine
- Review of the ColorVision PrintFIX Review of the PrintFIX printer profiling system from ColorVision. ICC printer profile creation through measuring printed test targets with PrintFIX scanning unit.
- Restoring old Photos A look at some of the issues you need to consider when scanning cleaning and restoring old photos. Not difficult, but remember that CDs won't last.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)