...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel
...Keith's book about how to use tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Our site contains affiliate links - these help support the site. See our Advertising policies for more
All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Keith’s book about using tilt/shift lenses is now available.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Keith’s photography videos
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- All about using tilt and shift
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Video: Epson XP-15000 reviewKeith Cooper looks at the Epson XP-15000 A3+ (13" width) printer for making colour and B&W photo prints at up to 13" width. With double sided printing for plain paper documents and envelopes it has a paper tray for plain paper. (13m 40s)
- Video: Why use printer profilesKeith Cooper looks at the basic purpose of ICC printer profiles and how using them for your photo printing improves the quality and reliability of your photo printing. How printer profiles allow you to use a wide variety of papers for your photos. (6m 40s)
- Video: lens tilt used close upLens tilt basics: Keith Cooper looks at how lens tilt works with close-up photography - using tilt to place your plane of focus. Example uses the Canon TS-E17mm F4.5L tilt shift lens( 9m 45s)
- Video: tilt/shift lens basics – sideways tilt (swing)Lens tilt basics: Keith Cooper looks at sideways lens tilt (or swing) to run the plane of focus along a wall, whilst looking along the wall. Example uses the Canon TS-E24mm F3.5 tilt shift lens( 6m30s)
- Video: Get a printer or use a photo lab?Should you print your own photos on your own printer or use a commercial photo lab? Keith looks at some of the costs and benefits, both financial and for your photographic skills (9m 10s)
- Video: What matters to print buyersKeith looks at why what personally matters to you about your photography is largely irrelevant for most people who might buy your prints. Why it helps to find someone whose opinions you can trust and why different print types might appeal to potential buyers. Sometimes your prints do just need to match the curtains. (9m)
- K&F ND2-32 variable ND filter reviewReview of the K&F ND2-ND32 variable neutral density (ND) filter. 1 to 5 stops of additional exposure. 82mm version tested on a TS-E24mm shift lens. Examples show why you might use such a filter
- Review Falcon Eyes F7 mini LED lampReview of the Falcon Eyes F7 Mini LED variable RGB colour lamp. CCT mode 2500K-9000K, RGB colour, internally powered (USB-C charging), remote control phone app via bluetooth. ~130g weight
- Dye inks or pigment inks for photo printingWould a dye based ink printer or one using pigment inks be better for your photo printing. What prints look best on what printer ink type?
- Topaz Sharpen AI V3 reviewReview update for Topaz Sharpen AI V3 Image sharpening and shake removal software updated to improve the correction algorithms. Used by Keith for tilt/shift lenses and occasional camera shake
- BenQ SW321C monitor reviewKeith reviews the BenQ 32 inch SW321C monitor. The 4k UHD display is aimed at the photographic market, giving 99% Adobe98 and 95% DCI-P3. It has a wide range of inputs and features hardware calibration.
- Epson XP-15000 printer reviewKeith Cooper's review of the Epson XP-15000 printer for photo printing, The A3+ or 13" width printer uses dye based inks with an extra red and grey ink. The review concentrates on using the printer for high quality photo output rather than it's 'office printer' functionality
- Rogeti CAP GZA-1 geared pan headRogeti CAP GZA-1 Pan head with geared Arca Swiss style locking clamp. Full 360 degree geared rotation. Matches the Rogeti RG-1 geared tripod head and accessories.
- Rogeti 360 Panoramic head reviewKeith Cooper looks a the Rogeti 360 panoramic head. The solidly built head is lightweight (~760g) and enables multi-row panoramic shots to be taken with ease
- Canon PRO-200 printer reviewDetailed Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 printer review. Keith tests the PRO-300 pigment ink printer with a range of glossy and fine-art media, including panoramic prints up to 990mm (~39") long
- Black and white printing with the PRO-200Printing black and white on the Canon PRO-200 A3+ dye based ink printer. Addressing the problem of colour tints under different lighting. Different types of paper and optimising the reproduction of your photos.
- Canon PRO-200 setupSetting up the Canon Pixma PRO-200 13" A3+ printer. Unboxing, ink and printhead loading with initial printer software setup. How to get the PRO-200 (PRO-100 replacement) up and running.
- Review: Laowa 15mm f4.5 Zero-D Shift lensKeith Cooper reviews the Laowa 15mm f4.5 Zero-D Shift lens. Fully manual lens with ±11mm of shift in any direction. The lens is available in Nikon/Canon/Sony mounts. The Canon mount option is tested here.
- Epson SC-P900 printer reviewDetailed review of the Epson SC-P900 17" (A2) pigment ink printer with sheet feed and optional powered roll paper holder. It has 10 inks and no matte/photo black ink switching
- XTAR VN2 USB camera battery chargerXTAR VN2 USB camera battery charger comes with several optional battery mounts allowing for charging 2 batteries at a time
- Roll paper printing tipsUsing roll paper for your printing Some tips if you're new to roll media Site update: Thanks for all your support and help - Keith & Karen ...Get our Newsletter for new articles/reviews and why not subscribe to Keith's YouTube Channel ...Keith's book about how...
- Setting up the P900 roll paper unitInstallation and setup for the Epson P900 printer roll paper unit option. The powered rear paper holder allows the use of roll paper at up to 17" width on the P900 A2/17" printer
- Setting up the Epson SC-P900The process for setting up the Epson P900 A2 (17") printer from new, Installing inks and initial software setup. Connecting the printer to your network and computer
- Gigapixel AI V5.2 updateTopaz Gigapixel AI V5.2 update adds cropping and a new compressed enlargement mode to better handle poorer quality source images. Free 30 day demo available.
- Book Review: Isle of Skye – Photographer’s guideBook Review: Isle of Skye and NW Scotland - Photographer's guide by David Hickey. Locations, maps and tours with detailed photographic tips and suggestions covering equipment, photography and image processing.
- Printing postcards on the PRO-300Printing postcards on the Canon PRO-300 - Testing pre-printed postcards from Permajet and taking extra care when printing small 6"x4" (100x150mm) postcard media.
- Looking at the Canon R5 cameraKeith Cooper looks at the Canon EOS R5 45MP mirrorless camera, from the POV of an architectural photographer, including extensive use of tilt shift lenses
- Canon drop-in filter adapter with tilt/shiftUsing the Canon drop-in filter adapter (EF-RF) and polariser with TS-E tilt-shift lenses (17/24/50) on an EOS R5 RF mount mirrorless camera
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
Keith explains tilt and shift lenses
Keith has written a book that looks at the many ways that tilt/shift lenses can benefit your photography from a technical and creative point of view.
There is also a specific index page on the site with links to all Keith's articles, reviews and videos about using tilt and shift.
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews. Other sections include Colour management and Keith's camera hacks - there are over 1200 articles/reviews here...
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US
We're an Amazon.com affiliate, so receive payment if you buy via Amazon US