All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Kaiser tabletop photo kit review 'Easyfit' tabletop product photography kit with shooting table and two continuous lights with diffusers. Basic product photo setup and examples of use.
- Laowa KX800 Flexible Macro Twin Flash review The Laowa/Venus KX800 is a dual head macro flash with independently adjustable heads on stiff but flexible stalks. Variable flash power and an independent adjustable LED focus assist lamp. Tested on a Canon 100D.
- Hand held tilt/shift? Handheld photography with a tilt/shift lens - it's nowhere near as difficult as you might think. Using a shift lens does not always require a tripod
- Review update – Topaz Impression V2 V2 of Topaz impression adds new preset options and improved controls to the software for creating painting or drawing effects for your images. Adds masking and more flexible brush control.
- Review update Piccure V3 Faster processing and finer control over settings. Piccure Plus is an image sharpening plugin and application that can correct for some aspects of lens softness and camera shake. Updated to V3
- Keith Cooper’s City Light Tonality Presets Keith's 'City Light' presets for the MacPhun Tonality Pro plugin. Developed for architectural images when converting from colour to B&W. Before and after examples, and how they differ from 'straight' B&W conversions. Also using them as a luminance adjustment for colour images.
- Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer review Review of the Epson Expression Photo XP-960 printer. All-in-one printer/scanner/copier that supports double sided printing and photo prints up to A3 size (11"x17"). Dual paper tray
- Review Hahnemuhle baryta satin and photo pearl Short review of two Hahnemuhle papers tested during Keith's Canon PRO-1000 printer review. Hahnemuhle Satin Baryta 300 and Hahnemuhle Photo Pearl 310. The Baryta Satin is a warmer and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose) without brightening agents. The Photo pearl is a brighter white paper, more like a traditional pearl finish photo paper. The Baryta Satin is a warmer (OBA free) and more solid feeling paper (100% alpha cellulose).
- Canon PRO-1000 printer review Detailed review of the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17" pigment ink printer. 11 inks and a colour optimiser coat. Tested for colour and B&W printing on a range of media types. Paper sixes up to A2, with borderless print options.
- Review: LAOWA 60mm f/2.8 2:1 Macro lens (Venus) Laowa 60mm f2.8 2:1 macro lens review. Tested on a Canon 100D as standard and macro lens. Fully manual lens with a range of mount options for different cameras.
- Venus LAOWA 15mm shift macro review Review of the Venus Laowa 15mm f4 1:1 macro shift lens. EF mount version tested on a Canon 100D & 5Ds. Fully manual lens combines wide angle, 1:1 macro and has +-6mm of shift
- Epson SureColor P7000 printer review Detailed review of the Epson SureColor SC-P7000 24" width large format printer. Using the P7000 for fine art and photo printing with the LLk ink option. Review applies to the larger 44" SC-P9000 as well.
- ImageNest RIP review: V4 update V4 of ImageNest. Mac based RIP handles image layout and sizing for any connected printer. Image nesting and full control over colour management.
- Innova Fine art cotton papers IFA26,27 Review Paper reviews for Innova IFA-26 and Innova IFA-27 bright white cotton Soft Textured and Cold Press Rough Textured matte art papers.
- Innova Gloss Polycotton Canvas review IFA 56 Review of Innova IFA-56 glossy polycotton canvas. Natural white 390gsm canvas for aqueous pigment and dye based inks. Microporous Gloss Coating.
- Review of the GOframe canvas display system Review of the GOframe canvas print system. It consists of pre-cut wooden frame sections and jigs that allow for simple attachment and stretching of a canvas, with no specialist tools.
- Replacement Canon camera battery guide EOS Canon Camera batteries. Short guide to the range of batteries used in Canon EOS DSLR cameras for power and maintenance of date and time
- Review of Topaz DeNoise 6 Review of the DeNoise image editing plugin from Topaz labs. Version 6 can run as a standalone app, and supports preset noise reduction options for many cameras.
- Canon iPF8300 review and notes Ongoing Canon iPF8300 review and notes about using the imagePROGRAF iPF8300 44 inch large format printer, by Keith Cooper. Notes date back to setting up the printer in November 2010
- Basic Photoshop Elements tutorials Basic image adjustment tutorials with Photoshop Elements. Using just the most basic tools that are essential parts of image editing
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]