All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Nik Silver Efex Pro review Review of the Nik Silver Efex Pro image ending plugin. Converts colour images to black and white, emulating films and other effects. Tested with Photoshop
- Why are my prints too dark? Why are my prints too dark? Why monitor brightness matters when it comes to printing your photos. Some of the common problems and their solutions
- Adobe Camera Raw DNG profiles from a ColorChecker card Camera profiling by using photographs of an X-Rite ColorChecker card to make DNG colour profiles for converting RAW files with Adobe software (ACR and Lightroom)
- What working space to use – colour management choices What working space to use? Looking at some of the advantages and issues when choosing a working colour space. Which colour management choices matter?
- GrafiLite – print viewing lighting review Review of using a Grafilite (Ottlite) lamp for evaluating print quality and consistency. the 13W TruColor lamp is the equivalent of a 60W tungsten lamp
- Ricoh GX200 camera review Camera usage review of the Ricoh Caplio GX200 12MP compact camera with 24-72mm equivalent zoom lens. Testing includes EVF viewfinder and teleconverter.
- How to be a professional photographer Some of Keith Cooper's thoughts and observations for those wanting to become a professional photographer. Things it's worth knowing about. Yes, you can be a pro photographer, but it takes more than photography skills
- Colorado mountain travels Sept-Oct 2008 This photo-diary covers a driving tour around the Colorado Rockies in the Fall (September/October 2008). Although my third visit to the state, it's actually the first time I've been in Colorado at this time of the year. A good year for the Fall colours. This time I'm travelling with Karen and we're leaving the UK via Manchester, which is a new route for me.
- Fixes and tips for the Epson 4800 large format printers Collected information, fixes and tips for the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 large format printers, including MNT REQ 0088 and service manual information
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 4000 Ensuring that ink cartridges always read as full on the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17" printer. Turning off the ink counter is an alternative to using a chip reset device.
- Swap black ink on the Epson 4880 Printer A different way of swapping black ink types on the Epson 4880 printer that reduces ink waste compared to the official technique. Use with care
- Canon 1Ds Mark III image misalignment fix Notes concerning Canon UK service and full repair of a new EOS 1Ds mark 3 camera with a viewfinder misalignment.
- Canon 1Ds Mark III viewfinder misalignment Problems with some early model Canon EOS 1Ds mark 3 cameras where the viewfinder and sensor were incorrectly aligned, with a tilt
- Colormunki printer profiling review Printer profiling with the X-Rite ColorMunki. Review of making ICC printer profiles with the ColorMunki spectrophotometer.
- Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer. Large format printer is 24 inch print width and takes roll paper and sheet media, photo and fine art papers. Inc. 7880/9880 error codes
- basICCaliCube and basICColor Gray card review Review of the photographic neutral grey card from BasiCColor and the BasICCaliCube lighting cube, with specular reflection and black reference sections
- Better black and white profiling with the ColorMunki Using the Colormunki to create QuadToneRIP (QTR) linearising icc profiles for black and white printmaking. Smoother gradations and unblocked shadows
- Paper review Pinnacle Premium Lustre paper Pinnacle Premium Lustre, a 300gsm lustre photo paper from Paper spectrum. Tested on a range of Epson pigment Ink printers (2400/4880/7880). Keith's standard paper for prints.
- i1 Beamer Projector profiling – Review Review of Projector profiling with the i1Pro spectrophotometer using the i1 Beamer mount device for the GMB/ X-Rite measuring device an i1Match software
- Innova Photo ultra glossy and matte canvas review Review of fine art canvas types from Innova.(IFA35, IFA36) Photo glossy canvas needs no coating, whilst photo matte has a more traditional surface
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)