All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- A Canon MPP view camera adapter Making an adapter to fit a DSLR camera to the back of a 4x5 (5x4) view camera, using the existing lens and camera movements. Construction details and parts used. learning about camera movements
- i1Photo LT (i1Basic) – Update Review i1Photo LT (i1Basic) - Update Review. X-rite product update for basic monitor and printer profiling, with ambient light measurement
- Colour Confidence Print Profiler review Using the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making your own ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- Touring the US Pacific coast spring 2007 This photo-diary covers a driving trip up the coast from San Francisco in April/May 2007 along the Pacific highway. Travelling along the Californian and Oregon coast up to Cannon beach.
- Review update Spyder 2 Pro projector calibration Updated ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro review covering different aspects of projector calibration (all types of projector)
- X-Rite Eye One iSis automated patch reader review Review of the Eye One (i1) iSis scanning spectrophotometer from X-Rite for automated patch reading of printer profiling targets.
- Review Pantone Huey PRO Review of the Pantone Huey PRO colorimeter for profiling and calibrating monitors. Improved functionality over original huey
- The Spyder 2 Pro – monitor calibration made easy Review of the ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro monitor calibrator. Looking at options for profiling and calibrating monitors
- TS-E 90 review tilt and shift lens Review of Canon's TS-E 90mm f/2.8 tilt shift lens. Lens tested on Canon 1Ds full frame camera, includes info on lens modification and use of tilt
- PearlyWhites photo tooth whitening plugin review Pearlywhites image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies teeth in a photo and selectively whitens them. Tested as a Photoshop plugin.
- ShineOff skin shine reduction plugin review ShineOff image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies shiny skin and reflected light in a photo and selectively reduces it.
- Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro review Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro photoshop plugin for converting colour images to black and white using film simulations and filtering
- Stitcher Pro review Review of Stitcher Pro software (version 5.5) from Realviz. Panoramic stitching software for making large photos from many smaller ones.
- Ultrachrome inks in an Epson 10000 large format printer Conversion of an Epson SP10000 dye based ink printer to use Ultrachrome pigment based inks and carts from an Epson 10600. Changing ink types
- Beware of the Colour Management Tar Pit Colour management is great for improving the editing and printing of your photographs. Just make sure you understand why, and how it won't fix everything
- Textured Art Silk – a ‘glossy’ art paper for UltraChrome inks Paper review of PermaJet Textured Art Silk - a 'glossy' finish art paper for UltraChrome inks? Tested on an Epson SP9600
- Digital Black and White – working in 16 bit How converting 8 bit colour JPEG images images to 16 bit before converting to black and white gives up to 10 bit greyscale (B&W) images.
- What print resolution works for what viewing distance A guide to print and image resolution and minimum viewing distances for prints. How much resolution do you need for large prints.
- Error codes and service manual for the 7600 and 9600 Fixes and tips along with important error code information for the Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600 large format printers. Service manual information.
- Better pictures for your web site Simple steps for improving the quality of photos used on your web site. Things that can make a real difference.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks