All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Supporting the site…
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Updating the Eye One Pro ruler A new design for the guide ruler used in measuring ICC printer profiling targets with the i1 Pro spectrophotometer
- Touring Colorado in spring 2006 Keith's USA driving and photography tour of Colorado in spring 2006. Photos and observations from his time travelling around the Rockies.
- Review: Pantone Eye One Display 2 Review of the Pantone Eye One (i1) Display 2 monitor calibrator. Comparisons between i1Display 2 sensors from different brands
- Pantone Eye One Display LT review Review of the Eye One Display LT, a colorimeter for profiling and calibrating monitors and displays. Supplied by Pantone / GretagMacbeth (now X-Rite)
- Kodak Pro Color management check-up kit A review of the Kodak Pro Color management check-up kit, with test prints and test images for direct comparisons
- Review of PrintFIX PLUS Review of PrintFIX PLUS printer profiling. Looking at a novel software only solution for making icc printer profiles for supported printers.
- Printer icc profile editing in Eye One Match A review of the printer icc profile editing functionality in Eye One Match. V3.4 of the software from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) adds editing.
- Eizo CG210 CG211 LCD display review Review of the Eizo CG210 (CG211) LCD display 21" 1600x1200 14 bit monitor. Tested with Eizo ColorNavigator profiling software.
- Pictures at an exhibition – preparation Problems, considerations and issues encountered when showing and displaying an exhibition of large photographs by Keith Cooper. Making it work for your photographs
- Eye One Printer profiling A review of printer ICC profiling using the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) eye one (i1 Pro) spectrophotometer and eye one match software.
- DxO Optics Pro 3 Review Full review of DxO Optics Pro version 3.5 adds new workflow options and improves RAW image processing, lens correction and nose reduction.
- Why media settings are vital in your printer profiling Optimal media settings are essential for good results when making printer ICC profiles. Simple test prints make this an easier process with 3rd party papers
- How to remove Adobe Gamma Windows 2000 XP Vista Removing and deactivating Adobe Gamma, if installed on Windows 2000 XP Vista computers. Avoids conflict with monitor profiling and calibration systems.
- A Black and White test image Special test image designed for black and white print checking. Includes explanation of use for all features of the downloadable image.
- Simple Inkjet printer cleaning Cleaning old, clogged and dried up ink from inkjet printers using commonly available household cleaning products. Common solvents and additives quickly cut though ink buildup. A look at different household cleaners and how they can help shift dried up printer ink
- Profiling your scanner with the Eye One Using i1Match software and the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) Eye One (i1) spectrophotometer to measure profiling targets for scanner profiling
- Eye One Design review Review of Eye One Design software (i1Match) with the Eye One spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Monitor calibration and basic printer profiling.
- Nik Sharpener Pro V2 review Detailed review of Nik Sharpener Pro image sharpening plugin. Version 2 is tested with examples of how it works and why it is so important to use. Valid for current versions too
- Software review Convert to BW Pro 3 Review of the Convert to B/W Pro V3 plugin from 'Theimagingfactory' for converting colour images to black and white.
- Review Eye One Display 2 Review of the Eye One Display 2 (i1Display 2) monitor calibrator by GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Calibrate and profile your monitor.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks