All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- DxO Optics Pro 3 Review Full review of DxO Optics Pro version 3.5 adds new workflow options and improves RAW image processing, lens correction and nose reduction.
- Why media settings are vital in your printer profiling Optimal media settings are essential for good results when making printer ICC profiles. Simple test prints make this an easier process with 3rd party papers
- How to remove Adobe Gamma Windows 2000 XP Vista Removing and deactivating Adobe Gamma, if installed on Windows 2000 XP Vista computers. Avoids conflict with monitor profiling and calibration systems.
- A Black and White test image Special test image designed for black and white print checking. Includes explanation of use for all features of the downloadable image.
- Simple Inkjet printer cleaning Cleaning old, clogged and dried up ink from inkjet printers using commonly available household cleaning products. Common solvents and additives quickly cut though ink buildup. A look at different household cleaners and how they can help shift dried up printer ink
- Profiling your scanner with the Eye One Using i1Match software and the GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) Eye One (i1) spectrophotometer to measure profiling targets for scanner profiling
- Eye One Design review Review of Eye One Design software (i1Match) with the Eye One spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Monitor calibration and basic printer profiling.
- Nik Sharpener Pro V2 review Detailed review of Nik Sharpener Pro image sharpening plugin. Version 2 is tested with examples of how it works and why it is so important to use. Valid for current versions too
- Software review Convert to BW Pro 3 Review of the Convert to B/W Pro V3 plugin from 'Theimagingfactory' for converting colour images to black and white.
- Review Eye One Display 2 Review of the Eye One Display 2 (i1Display 2) monitor calibrator by GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Calibrate and profile your monitor.
- Noise Ninja – Review update Updated noise ninja review to reflect changes in the full release version of the software - shows how noise reduction can be masked for optimal use
- A digital pinhole camera using a Canon 1Ds Construction ideas and sample images for several different designs of pinhole adapter for a Canon full frame DSLR camera. Digital pinhole photography experiments at different focal lengths
- Saving images for web use Some of the things to consider when saving images for web use - how care with resizing and basic sharpening can give them a bit more punch
- Noise Ninja – Removing Image noise Looking at the Noise Ninja photoshop plugin for removing image noise. Based on Noise Ninja application - functionality later incorporated into Photoninja
- MonoChromePro pigment inks for black and white printing Review of the MonoChromePro pigment ink set for black and white printing. Includes custom profile curve creation procedures for using QuadToneRIP (QTR). Making use of black and diluted black (grey) ink sets for monochrome photo printing
- Focus magic review Review of the Focus Magic photoshop plugin for image sharpening and camera shake removal. Fixes minor focus and shake problems
- Raw Power – the DxO converter Review of the RAW file conversion functionality introduced into DxO Optic Pro Version 2. Looks at RAW conversion, lens correction and noise reduction
- Black and White, the digital way An introduction to black and white photography in the digital age. An extended version of an article Keith Cooper wrote for Canon.
- Resampling to make your images bigger Resampling or resizing images to make bigger photos and prints has always had many options available. Some considerations for the process
- The RAW digital image format – why use it A look at the RAW format in camera files and discussion about the many reasons you might choose to use it instead of JPEG
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks