All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Error codes and maintenance tank reset SP4000 Error codes, maintenance tank reset and service manual information for the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17 inch width pigment ink printer.
- Epson Traditional Photo Paper review Review of Epson's Traditional Photo Paper - a fine art lustre finish paper also know as Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper in the USA and some other regions
- Epson Stylus Pro 4880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 17" A2+ Printer. Large desktop printer tested with a range of sheet and roll paper and fine-art and photo media types
- X-Rite ColorMunki Photo – Review Review of the X-Rite ColorMunki spectrophotometer and software. Monitor profiling and calibration, spot colour measurement and printer profiling
- Review – sharpening images with Nik Sharpener Pro Detailed review of Nik Sharpener pro V3. Tested as a photoshop plugin allowing a range of sharpening effects for screen and print.
- Spyder 3 Pro – Review Review of the Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro colorimeter for monitor profiling and calibration of monitors and laptop screens
- Room lighting for image editing Paying some attention to the lighting levels and decoration in the areas where you edit photographs has a beneficial influence on quality and consistency
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite – Review Detailed review of the Spyder 3 Elite monitor and projector display profiling and calibration device and software
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Noise and ISO Looking at noise in images captured over the full range of ISO settings shows that by sticking to whole stop ISO settings, you get lower noise levels
- Modify Canon tilt shift lens Changing the shift axis alignment for Canon TS-E lenses, TS-E 90 modification shown. Similar for TS-E45 and TS-E 24 (mark 1 version)
- Fisheye Hemi Plugin review Image editing plugin for Photoshop which provides a range of pre computed geometry corrections and adjustments for images taken with a fisheye lens - any image or lens can be used.
- Printing Black and White digital photography Printing Black and White digital photography, is the second part of an interview with Keith Cooper about all aspects of digital monochrome photography
- Black and white digital photography with Keith Cooper An extended version of a magazine interview with Keith Cooper, discussing different aspects of digital black and white photography. B&W photography tips and advice
- Information and links for old Apple Macs Collected information and links relaxing to older apple mac hardware and software. Archival information mostly 68k and PPC macs. A/UX and pre OS X 10.6
- Epson media settings for the ImagePrint RIP Epson paper thicknesses and weights for printer media settings. Thicknesses are in mm and mils. Useful for matching third party papers to Epson settings.
- Pacific Northwest travels Sept-Oct 2007 Travel diary by Keith Cooper, driving down the Oregon coast from Seattle and then back up via Crater Lake and Bend. Photos and observations from a car trip in the Spring of 2007
- Maintenance tank in Epson large format printers Looking at the maintenance tank in some large format Epson printers. How to reset it when full so that it can continue to be used. Use this technique with care, since overflows are very messy.
- Colour Management in your web browser – Test Images Some quick tests to see how colour management is being handled in your web browser. How images in different colour spaces look on your screen.
- Top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumb From a wide survey of usability and human factors experts, a collection of top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumb.
- Usability – Making your web site visitors’ lives easier Why considering usability can really help make your web site visitors' lives easier. Happier visitor make for a better and more successful site.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks