All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 printer. Large format printer is 24 inch print width and takes roll paper and sheet media, photo and fine art papers. Inc. 7880/9880 error codes
- basICCaliCube and basICColor Gray card review Review of the photographic neutral grey card from BasiCColor and the BasICCaliCube lighting cube, with specular reflection and black reference sections
- Better black and white profiling with the ColorMunki Using the Colormunki to create QuadToneRIP (QTR) linearising icc profiles for black and white printmaking. Smoother gradations and unblocked shadows
- Paper review Pinnacle Premium Lustre paper Pinnacle Premium Lustre, a 300gsm lustre photo paper from Paper spectrum. Tested on a range of Epson pigment Ink printers (2400/4880/7880). Keith's standard paper for prints.
- i1 Beamer Projector profiling – Review Review of Projector profiling with the i1Pro spectrophotometer using the i1 Beamer mount device for the GMB/ X-Rite measuring device an i1Match software
- Innova Photo ultra glossy and matte canvas review Review of fine art canvas types from Innova.(IFA35, IFA36) Photo glossy canvas needs no coating, whilst photo matte has a more traditional surface
- Innova Fibaprint Super-Glazed and Semi-Glazed paper review Tests and review of two fine art papers from Innova, Fibaprint Super-Glazed and Semi-Glazed IFA-58 and IFA-59, tested on an Epson 4880
- Error codes and maintenance tank reset SP4000 Error codes, maintenance tank reset and service manual information for the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17 inch width pigment ink printer.
- Epson Traditional Photo Paper review Review of Epson's Traditional Photo Paper - a fine art lustre finish paper also know as Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper in the USA and some other regions
- Epson Stylus Pro 4880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 17" A2+ Printer. Large desktop printer tested with a range of sheet and roll paper and fine-art and photo media types
- X-Rite ColorMunki Photo – Review Review of the X-Rite ColorMunki spectrophotometer and software. Monitor profiling and calibration, spot colour measurement and printer profiling
- Review – sharpening images with Nik Sharpener Pro Detailed review of Nik Sharpener pro V3. Tested as a photoshop plugin allowing a range of sharpening effects for screen and print.
- Spyder 3 Pro – Review Review of the Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro colorimeter for monitor profiling and calibration of monitors and laptop screens
- Room lighting for image editing Paying some attention to the lighting levels and decoration in the areas where you edit photographs has a beneficial influence on quality and consistency
- Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite – Review Detailed review of the Spyder 3 Elite monitor and projector display profiling and calibration device and software
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Noise and ISO Looking at noise in images captured over the full range of ISO settings shows that by sticking to whole stop ISO settings, you get lower noise levels
- Modify Canon tilt shift lens Changing the shift axis alignment for Canon TS-E lenses, TS-E 90 modification shown. Similar for TS-E45 and TS-E 24 (mark 1 version)
- Fisheye Hemi Plugin review Image editing plugin for Photoshop which provides a range of pre computed geometry corrections and adjustments for images taken with a fisheye lens - any image or lens can be used.
- Printing Black and White digital photography Printing Black and White digital photography, is the second part of an interview with Keith Cooper about all aspects of digital monochrome photography
- Black and white digital photography with Keith Cooper An extended version of a magazine interview with Keith Cooper, discussing different aspects of digital black and white photography. B&W photography tips and advice
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks