All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Photography book reviews
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews
Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
Short news items (product launches) are listed on Keith’s Photo Blog page
- Epson Stylus Photo R2880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 2880 printer. Desktop printer is 13 inch print width and takes A3+ sheets and roll, photo and fine art papers for colour and monochrome printing.
- Review Spyder 3 Express monitor calibrator Review of the datacolor Spyder 3 Express colorimeter for monitor calibration and profiling. Express is the entry level Spyder 3 calibrator
- Rumour post bingo for forums Forum rumour post bingo - your guide to how photography forums tend to react to rumour posts. top 20 list of comments. Based on many years of running the Northlight rumour pages.
- What tilt and shift lenses do Tilt and Shift lenses. The Canon TS-E 24mm lens review and discussion. What do tilt/shift lenses do? Why they can be so useful and how do you use them?
- Spyder3Print SR (SpyderPrint) review Review of the Datacolor Spyder3Print printer profiling package. Looks at the latest spectrocolorimeter for strip reading patches and creating icc profiles
- Physical Limits in Digital Photography 2 Extended article: Photographer and physicist David B. Goldstein looks at how basic physics limits some aspects of where digital camera design and capabilities can progress.
- Apple offers Matte screens at last… When Apple offered Matte screens for laptops - time for a new MacBook Pro. Why do Apple insist that screens that double as a shaving mirror are best?
- Using 645 MF lenses as shift lenses Using Mamiya 645 medium format lenses with a shift adapter with Sekor 35/55/80/210mm lenses. MF lenses work well too with a simple adapter, but have enough image circle to be shifted on any smaller sensor camera full frame or crop. Tested on a Canon 1Ds3 full frame 35mm DSLR.
- Reading the fine print – SWPP loses court case The SWPP loses a UK court case where it tried to enforce a three month notice of cancellation requirement for membership. Why joining any 'professional' organisation for photographers should be a business led decision, and why it pays to enquire widely
- Eye One iO automated scanning table review Review of the i1 iO automated scanning table for the Eye One Pro spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Robot arm to measure profiling targets.
- Canon iPF6100 review Full review of the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6100 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and profiling for all printing on different media types. Colour and black and white printing.
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- PDV-3e desktop viewing stand review Review of the GTI PDV 3E print viewing stand. Desktop model with adjustable light intensity. Why a viewing stand helps with soft proofing and print quality
- July 4th, Liberty welcomes visitors The statue of Liberty in Leicester, on July 4th. A smaller version of the well known statue in the USA. Statue rescued from the top of an old building
- How old is that Canon lens? The Canon lens date codes - some are also used as Canon camera date codes. A brief guide to the age of some Canon lenses.
- TS-E 17 and teleconverter (EF Extender) – addendum The TS-E 17mm f4L lens does not show the settings actually used, in the camera EXIF data, when a Canon 2x teleconverter (EF Extender) has been used
- Using a Teleconverter with a TS-E lens Using a Teleconverter with a Canon TS-E lens. Increasing the focal length but retaining tilt and shift. Although not specifically supported, TS-E lenses work well with 1.4x and 2x converters.
- More TS-E 17mm photos of Leicester More TS-E 17mm sample images of Leicester, taken with a Canon 1Ds3. Mostly showing the use of shift to avoid converging verticals
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)