All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- PearlyWhites photo tooth whitening plugin review Pearlywhites image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies teeth in a photo and selectively whitens them. Tested as a Photoshop plugin.
- ShineOff skin shine reduction plugin review ShineOff image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies shiny skin and reflected light in a photo and selectively reduces it.
- Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro review Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro photoshop plugin for converting colour images to black and white using film simulations and filtering
- Stitcher Pro review Review of Stitcher Pro software (version 5.5) from Realviz. Panoramic stitching software for making large photos from many smaller ones.
- Ultrachrome inks in an Epson 10000 large format printer Conversion of an Epson SP10000 dye based ink printer to use Ultrachrome pigment based inks and carts from an Epson 10600. Changing ink types
- Beware of the Colour Management Tar Pit Colour management is great for improving the editing and printing of your photographs. Just make sure you understand why, and how it won't fix everything
- Textured Art Silk – a ‘glossy’ art paper for UltraChrome inks Paper review of PermaJet Textured Art Silk - a 'glossy' finish art paper for UltraChrome inks? Tested on an Epson SP9600
- Digital Black and White – working in 16 bit How converting 8 bit colour JPEG images images to 16 bit before converting to black and white gives up to 10 bit greyscale (B&W) images.
- What print resolution works for what viewing distance A guide to print and image resolution and minimum viewing distances for prints. How much resolution do you need for large prints.
- Error codes and service manual for the 7600 and 9600 Fixes and tips along with important error code information for the Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600 large format printers. Service manual information.
- Better pictures for your web site Simple steps for improving the quality of photos used on your web site. Things that can make a real difference.
- Digital Camera profiling with SG ColorChecker card Camera profiling with the GMB/X-Rite SG ColorChecker card using i1Match. Includes information for using the SG ColorChecker for calibrating ACR
- Pantone Huey review Review of the Pantone Huey monitor calibration and profiling system from Pantone / GretagMacbeth, Setup and use. Includes real-time adjustments based on lighting
- Paper review Permajet Fibre Base Gloss Testing Permajet Fibre Base Gloss, a 'Darkroom feel' gloss or semi-gloss lightly textured paper. Tested on an Epson SP2400
- QTR and PrintFIX PRO to get better black and white prints Using the PrintFIX Pro colorimeter with QTR to make greyscale ICC profiles to improve linearity for black and white printing.
- Why don’t my prints match my screen? Why your prints often don't match your screen very well. Some explanations, solutions and ways of dealing with the problem
- Spyder2express review Review of the ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder2express colorimeter for calibrating and profiling monitors and displays. LCD and CRT displays
- PrintFIX PRO review Detailed review of the PrintFIX PRO print profiling Spectrocolorimeter and ICC printer profiling software from Colorvision (Datacolor)
- Digital photography – two years on Some thoughts about aspects of digital photography - revisiting the issues and ideas, some two years after deciding to ditch film. A decision I've never remotely had second thoughts about
- Eye-One Match software updated Eye-One Match (i1 Match) software from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite) updated to enhance functionality. Improved monitor profiling support including validation
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]