All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Innova Soft Textured Natural White paper review Paper review: Testing a fine art 315 gsm natural white paper. Stiff with a lightly textured surface and free of optical brighteners (OBAs) IFA-12
- ColorEyes Display Pro review Review of ColorEyes Display Pro monitor calibration software. Software works with a wide range of calibration devices
- Ricoh Caplio GX100 camera review Review of the Caplio GX100 compact camera from Ricoh. Looking at overall performance and the benefits of being able to shoot in RAW format.
- Epson Stylus Pro 3800 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers.
- PhotoFrame Pro (v3.1) Plugin review Photoshop plugin from OnOne for applying frames, borders and a collection of edge effects to your photos and images
- Feature Update – Spyder 2 Pro software V2.2 Software feature update - Datacolor (ColorVision) Spyder 2 Pro monitor calibration software V2.2. Includes pre-calibration lighting measurement.
- A Canon MPP view camera adapter Making an adapter to fit a DSLR camera to the back of a 4x5 (5x4) view camera, using the existing lens and camera movements. Construction details and parts used. learning about camera movements
- i1Photo LT (i1Basic) – Update Review i1Photo LT (i1Basic) - Update Review. X-rite product update for basic monitor and printer profiling, with ambient light measurement
- Colour Confidence Print Profiler review Using the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making your own ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- Touring the US Pacific coast spring 2007 This photo-diary covers a driving trip up the coast from San Francisco in April/May 2007 along the Pacific highway. Travelling along the Californian and Oregon coast up to Cannon beach.
- Review update Spyder 2 Pro projector calibration Updated ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro review covering different aspects of projector calibration (all types of projector)
- X-Rite Eye One iSis automated patch reader review Review of the Eye One (i1) iSis scanning spectrophotometer from X-Rite for automated patch reading of printer profiling targets.
- Review Pantone Huey PRO Review of the Pantone Huey PRO colorimeter for profiling and calibrating monitors. Improved functionality over original huey
- The Spyder 2 Pro – monitor calibration made easy Review of the ColorVision (Datacolor) Spyder 2 Pro monitor calibrator. Looking at options for profiling and calibrating monitors
- T-SE 90 review tilt and shift lens Review of Canon's TS-E 90mm f/2.8 tilt shift lens. Lens tested on Canon 1Ds full frame camera, includes info on lens modification and use of tilt
- PearlyWhites photo tooth whitening plugin review Pearlywhites image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies teeth in a photo and selectively whitens them. Tested as a Photoshop plugin.
- ShineOff skin shine reduction plugin review ShineOff image editing plugin review. Software from Image Trends identifies shiny skin and reflected light in a photo and selectively reduces it.
- Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro review Power Retouch Black White Studio 1.3 pro photoshop plugin for converting colour images to black and white using film simulations and filtering
- Stitcher Pro review Review of Stitcher Pro software (version 5.5) from Realviz. Panoramic stitching software for making large photos from many smaller ones.
- Ultrachrome inks in an Epson 10000 large format printer Conversion of an Epson SP10000 dye based ink printer to use Ultrachrome pigment based inks and carts from an Epson 10600. Changing ink types
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]