All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2-8 on Canon DSLR Testing the Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2.8 lens mounted on a Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame DSLR with an adapter. Quick comparison with EF24-70 2.8L
- Using lens tilt on your digital SLR Techniques for optimal focusing when you are using a tilt/shift lens on a camera. Works with lenses directly attached and via an adapter. Crop and FF.
- Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f2-8 lens review Tests and review of using a manual focus Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f/2.8 lens on a Canon 1Ds mk3 DSLR with an M42-EF mount adapter. Includes discussion of adjustments for correct infinity focus
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7800 and 9800 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson 7800/9800 printers, reducing ink waste.
- Datacolor SpyderCube review Review of the Datacolor SpyderCube. Used for setting white and black levels in an image and for white balance adjustment
- HP DesignJet Z3200 review Detailed review of the HP DesignJet Z3200. Testing the Z3200ps 24 inch large format printer with fine art and photo media, including profiling and colour management, for colour and black and white printing.
- Review of Nik Viveza for photo adjustment Review of Nik Viveza plugin for photo adjustment. Selective and global editing of images. Now part of the Google Nik collection.
- DxO Optics Pro V5 review Review of DxO Optics Pro Version 5.3. RAW camera image processing and lens aberration correction software. Example image processing
- Review i1iSis optical brightener compensation Review of i1iSis optical brightener compensation for creating ICC printer profiles for paper with optical brightening agents (OBAs) that allow for the brightener.
- Nik Silver Efex Pro review Review of the Nik Silver Efex Pro image ending plugin. Converts colour images to black and white, emulating films and other effects. Tested with Photoshop
- Why are my prints too dark? Why are my prints too dark? Why monitor brightness matters when it comes to printing your photos. Some of the common problems and their solutions
- Adobe Camera Raw DNG profiles from a ColorChecker card Camera profiling by using photographs of an X-Rite ColorChecker card to make DNG colour profiles for converting RAW files with Adobe software (ACR and Lightroom)
- What working space to use – colour management choices What working space to use? Looking at some of the advantages and issues when choosing a working colour space. Which colour management choices matter?
- GrafiLite – print viewing lighting review Review of using a Grafilite (Ottlite) lamp for evaluating print quality and consistency. the 13W TruColor lamp is the equivalent of a 60W tungsten lamp
- Ricoh GX200 camera review Camera usage review of the Ricoh Caplio GX200 12MP compact camera with 24-72mm equivalent zoom lens. Testing includes EVF viewfinder and teleconverter.
- How to be a professional photographer Some of Keith Cooper's thoughts and observations for those wanting to become a professional photographer. Things it's worth knowing about. Yes, you can be a pro photographer, but it takes more than photography skills
- Colorado mountain travels Sept-Oct 2008 This photo-diary covers a driving tour around the Colorado Rockies in the Fall (September/October 2008). Although my third visit to the state, it's actually the first time I've been in Colorado at this time of the year. A good year for the Fall colours. This time I'm travelling with Karen and we're leaving the UK via Manchester, which is a new route for me.
- Fixes and tips for the Epson 4800 large format printers Collected information, fixes and tips for the Epson Stylus Pro 4800 large format printers, including MNT REQ 0088 and service manual information
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 4000 Ensuring that ink cartridges always read as full on the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 17" printer. Turning off the ink counter is an alternative to using a chip reset device.
- Swap black ink on the Epson 4880 Printer A different way of swapping black ink types on the Epson 4880 printer that reduces ink waste compared to the official technique. Use with care
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks