All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Black and white digital photography with Keith Cooper An extended version of a magazine interview with Keith Cooper, discussing different aspects of digital black and white photography. B&W photography tips and advice
- Information and links for old Apple Macs Collected information and links relaxing to older apple mac hardware and software. Archival information mostly 68k and PPC macs. A/UX and pre OS X 10.6
- Epson media settings for the ImagePrint RIP Epson paper thicknesses and weights for printer media settings. Thicknesses are in mm and mils. Useful for matching third party papers to Epson settings.
- Pacific Northwest travels Sept-Oct 2007 Travel diary by Keith Cooper, driving down the Oregon coast from Seattle and then back up via Crater Lake and Bend. Photos and observations from a car trip in the Spring of 2007
- Maintenance tank in Epson large format printers Looking at the maintenance tank in some large format Epson printers. How to reset it when full so that it can continue to be used. Use this technique with care, since overflows are very messy.
- Colour Management in your web browser – Test Images Some quick tests to see how colour management is being handled in your web browser. How images in different colour spaces look on your screen.
- Top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumb From a wide survey of usability and human factors experts, a collection of top tips for usability heuristics or rules of thumb.
- Usability – Making your web site visitors’ lives easier Why considering usability can really help make your web site visitors' lives easier. Happier visitor make for a better and more successful site.
- HCI, usability and web design info HCI, usability and web design. Collection of assorted information covering usability, UX and design for web use.
- The PrintFIX PRO Version 2 Software review Updated review for Version 2 of the software for the PrintFIX PRO icc printer profiling software and spectrocolorimeter.
- Updated Colour Confidence Print Profiler review Updated review of the Colour Confidence Print Profiler kit for monitor calibration and making ICC printer profiles. i1 spectrophotometer and software.
- DxO Optics Pro V4.2 review Review of RAW file processing using DxO Optics Pro V4.2. Includes geometric corrections, noise reduction and lens correction features
- Intellihance Pro 4.2 Plugin review Review of the Intellihance pro image editing plugin from OnOne software. Software can automate many editing functions and addresses numerous common image problems.
- PermaJet Eco-Flo inking system for the R2400 Review of the PermaJet Eco-Flo inking system for the R2400. A continuos ink system with external ink tanks and third party ink
- Dual monitor calibration on Windows XP PCs Some of the issues associated with setting up dual monitor computers running Windows XP, when trying to profile and calibrate them
- Paper review Innova FibaPrint paper Review of the Innova fibaprint range of gloss and semigloss papers. IFA -09, IFA-19, IFA-29, IFA-49. Papers modelled on the traditional fibre-based photo papers.
- Innova Soft Textured Natural White paper review Paper review: Testing a fine art 315 gsm natural white paper. Stiff with a lightly textured surface and free of optical brighteners (OBAs) IFA-12
- ColorEyes Display Pro review Review of ColorEyes Display Pro monitor calibration software. Software works with a wide range of calibration devices
- Ricoh Caplio GX100 camera review Review of the Caplio GX100 compact camera from Ricoh. Looking at overall performance and the benefits of being able to shoot in RAW format.
- Epson Stylus Pro 3800 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all the specialist articles and reviews written by Keith Cooper.
Buying anything from Amazon (not just what's listed) via any of the links below helps Keith and Karen keep the site going - thanks if you do! [Amazon UK]