All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- DxO Optics Pro V6.2 update for Mac and PC Short review of DxO optics Pro V6.2, showing improved noise handling and sharpness. Includes allowing more corrections for non supported lenses
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer. Desktop printer is 17 inch print width and takes A2 sheets, photo and fine art papers. Colour and black and white printing
- ImageNest RIP review V2 update Review update for the ImageNest RIP Version 2.1 from Blue Cubit (a Multi-Image print layout Tool for any printer with Mac OSX)
- Which side of the paper to print on Some fine art papers look almost the same on each side. How to tell which side to print on if you are unsure
- i1 Xtreme – Update Review Review overview for the i1Xtreme package from X-Rite. System for using the i1Pro for monitor, scanner, camera, projector and printer profiling (RGB & CMYK)
- Photography training directory Photography training directory - professional photographers who offer photography training and courses. Submissions welcome
- Personal training – specialist photography topics Advanced personal one-to-one training for photography and photographic techniques - specialist photography topics available for commercial clients
- Full width printing Epson 3800 and OSX 10.6 Solving full width (17") printing problems with the Epson SP3800 and Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard). tested with Epson Traditional Photo Paper
- Out taking pictures… caught on Streetview Out taking some landscape photographs in the Leicestershire countryside, photographer Keith Cooper is captured by the Google streetview camera car
- Trade shows… Keith Cooper looks back on a quick visit to the 2010 Focus on Imaging photography trade show in Birmingham at the NEC (now The Photography Show)
- Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mk II review Detailed Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mk II review, using the Canon 9500 II A3+ printer for colour and black and white photo printing.
- Review of Nik Viveza V2 editing plugin Nik has updated the Viveza editing plugin to version 2 and Keith Cooper has been having a look at what it does. This is the version in the Google Nik Collection (and then the DxO Nik collection)
- Review of Nik Color Efex Pro V3 filter plugin Review of Nik Color Efex Pro V3 Creative filters for Photoshop / Aperture / Lightroom. Plugin is part of the Google Nik collection
- Review of Paper Spectrum Pinnacle fine art papers Review of Pinnacle fine art papers from Paper Spectrum. Cotton rag based art papers for fine art printing. Includes cut sizes for cards
- Architecture and the 7D Some test photos taken one foggy morning with the Canon 7D and the wide angle TS-E17 shift lens. Using a shift lens hand-held for architectural shots
- Out at night with the 7D Out at night with a Canon 7D. How does it handle shooting at high ISO and how should you process the images you take with it
- 1Ds3/7D quick detail check Some comparisons between image detail in the Canon 1Ds mk3 and 7D. How the finer pixel pitch of the sensor affects resolution
- Some EOS 7D examples Sample photographs from a first test of the Canon 7D - what's it like to use. A short trip round my local area, Narborough Road in Leicester
- Olmec Photo papers – review A review of several photo and fine art printing papers in the Olmec range, now supplied by Innova. Gloss, satin and matte.
- Looking at AF and manual focus for the 7D Looking at AF and manual focus functionality for the Canon EOS 7D. Some initial testing with moving objects and old lenses
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks