All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- PDV-3e desktop viewing stand review Review of the GTI PDV 3E print viewing stand. Desktop model with adjustable light intensity. Why a viewing stand helps with soft proofing and print quality
- July 4th, Liberty welcomes visitors The statue of Liberty in Leicester, on July 4th. A smaller version of the well known statue in the USA. Statue rescued from the top of an old building
- How old is that Canon lens? The Canon lens date codes - some are also used as Canon camera date codes. A brief guide to the age of some Canon lenses.
- TS-E 17 and teleconverter (EF Extender) – addendum The TS-E 17mm f4L lens does not show the settings actually used, in the camera EXIF data, when a Canon 2x teleconverter (EF Extender) has been used
- Using a Teleconverter with a TS-E lens Using a Teleconverter with a Canon TS-E lens. Increasing the focal length but retaining tilt and shift. Although not specifically supported, TS-E lenses work well with 1.4x and 2x converters.
- More TS-E 17mm photos of Leicester More TS-E 17mm sample images of Leicester, taken with a Canon 1Ds3. Mostly showing the use of shift to avoid converging verticals
- Jane Fonda and Me… Jane Fonda and me... digitally printing 35mm photos taken on the set of Barbarella. Turning a scanned negative into a 42" print of Jane Fonda in Barbarella
- Photography Tutorial – Making a black and white landscape print Making a black and white landscape print. A photography tutorial covering the steps needed to produce a black and white print from a colour image.
- Updating… Updating how we work - new Macs for our photography business. Some of the considerations for deciding that a newer computer is really needed.
- What am I happy ‘fixing’ in photos? Image editing: What am I happy 'fixing' / manipulating / editing / removing in photos? Are there limits? Where does my own line go - does it matter? Is it even my job to bother about it?
- People ‘borrowing’ stuff from your site What do you do about people using content from your web site - when is it theft? What can you do about it?
- Apple to photographers – we don’t care Apple decides not to offer matte screens on its laptops. How this lets down photographers using Mac kit
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7880 and 9880 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson SP7880 and SP9880 printers, reducing ink waste. Use with care
- Physical Limits in Digital Photography Photographer and physicist David B. Goldstein looks at how basic physics limits some aspects of where digital camera design can go.
- Big glass Big glass - trying out the TS-E17mm tilt/shift lens. Waiting for the rain to stop - one of the minor annoyances of testing new kit.
- Quick TS-E 17 test A quick test of our new TS-E 17mm F4L tilt shift lens. Simple view across the street, and a combination of shifted images stitched together, showing the panoramic capabilities.
- We have two prices We have two prices: free and full price. Being asked to do work for free is a regular hassle for many photographers. Why I insist on being paid, until I find a shop exchanging photo credits for food.
Never miss a new article or review - Sign up for our Newsletter (2-4 a month max.)
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles/reviews and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks