All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Jane Fonda and Me… Jane Fonda and me... digitally printing 35mm photos taken on the set of Barbarella. Turning a scanned negative into a 42" print of Jane Fonda in Barbarella
- Photography Tutorial – Making a black and white landscape print Making a black and white landscape print. A photography tutorial covering the steps needed to produce a black and white print from a colour image.
- Updating… Updating how we work - new Macs for our photography business. Some of the considerations for deciding that a newer computer is really needed.
- What am I happy ‘fixing’ in photos? Image editing: What am I happy 'fixing' / manipulating / editing / removing in photos? Are there limits? Where does my own line go - does it matter? Is it even my job to bother about it?
- People ‘borrowing’ stuff from your site What do you do about people using content from your web site - when is it theft? What can you do about it?
- Apple to photographers – we don’t care Apple decides not to offer matte screens on its laptops. How this lets down photographers using Mac kit
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7880 and 9880 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson SP7880 and SP9880 printers, reducing ink waste. Use with care
- Physical Limits in Digital Photography Photographer and physicist David B. Goldstein looks at how basic physics limits some aspects of where digital camera design can go.
- Big glass Big glass - trying out the TS-E17mm tilt/shift lens. Waiting for the rain to stop - one of the minor annoyances of testing new kit.
- Quick TS-E 17 test A quick test of our new TS-E 17mm F4L tilt shift lens. Simple view across the street, and a combination of shifted images stitched together, showing the panoramic capabilities.
- We have two prices We have two prices: free and full price. Being asked to do work for free is a regular hassle for many photographers. Why I insist on being paid, until I find a shop exchanging photo credits for food.
- Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2-8 on Canon DSLR Testing the Olympus Zuiko 24mm f2.8 lens mounted on a Canon 1Ds mk3 full frame DSLR with an adapter. Quick comparison with EF24-70 2.8L
- Using lens tilt on your digital SLR Techniques for optimal focusing when you are using a tilt/shift lens on a camera. Works with lenses directly attached and via an adapter. Crop and FF.
- Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f2-8 lens review Tests and review of using a manual focus Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f/2.8 lens on a Canon 1Ds mk3 DSLR with an M42-EF mount adapter. Includes discussion of adjustments for correct infinity focus
- Black ink swap on the Epson 7800 and 9800 An unofficial method for swapping photo black and matte black inks on the Epson 7800/9800 printers, reducing ink waste.
- Datacolor SpyderCube review Review of the Datacolor SpyderCube. Used for setting white and black levels in an image and for white balance adjustment
- Review of Nik Viveza for photo adjustment Review of Nik Viveza plugin for photo adjustment. Selective and global editing of images. Now part of the Google Nik collection.
- DxO Optics Pro V5 review Review of DxO Optics Pro Version 5.3. RAW camera image processing and lens aberration correction software. Example image processing
- Review i1iSis optical brightener compensation Review of i1iSis optical brightener compensation for creating ICC printer profiles for paper with optical brightening agents (OBAs) that allow for the brightener.
- Nik Silver Efex Pro review Review of the Nik Silver Efex Pro image ending plugin. Converts colour images to black and white, emulating films and other effects. Tested with Photoshop
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog .
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going.
We really do appreciate this - thanks [link for Amazon UK | Amazon US]