All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Supporting the site…
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Looking at AF and manual focus for the 7D Looking at AF and manual focus functionality for the Canon EOS 7D. Some initial testing with moving objects and old lenses
- Out with the Canon 7D I'm working on some more detailed looks at aspects of the Canon 7D, but I thought I'd write up a few more 'first impressions' of using the camera. Thanks for all the questions - I'll try and address as many as possible whilst I've got the camera.
- Looking at the Canon EOS 7D First thoughts - Looking at the Canon EOS 7D, initial experiments and testing of Canon's top crop sensor camera, just loaned to me by Canon UK
- Dealing with the world – running a site like this :-) Dealing with the world - some of the issues facing us when running a web site like ours. What we try and do, how to help and thanks...
- Goodbye Pump and Tap Final photo of drinkers outside of the Pump and Tap, Leicester. Shortly after the pub doors closed for the final time
- Using the iPhone camera – a walk home iPhone photography and marketing your photography business. Some pictures from a walk through Leicester one afternoon.
- Controlling a 1Ds3 via a WFT-E2 and iPhone Using the iPhone to connect to a Canon WFT-E2 wireless adapter attached to a Canon 1Ds Mk3. Remote control of the camera with a web browser over an ad hoc network.
- Won an iPhone 3Gs – now what for a photographer? Uses of an iPhone for a working commercial photographer - suggestions for someone new to mobile networking and apps
- Media settings – Printer Test Images Test images for optimising media settings when printing. Essential to check before profiling papers to know if too much (or too little) ink is being used for the particular paper chosen
- Review Innova Smooth Cotton Natural & High White Review of two of Innova's Smooth Cotton papers from their Photo Art Range. IFA-11 and IFA-14, high white and natural white
- Review of ImageNest RIP for printing Detailed review of the ImageNest RIP software for handling printing and print layout. Works with any printer driver installed on an Apple Mac
- Canon 7D Noise and ISO – looking at the 1Ds3 A quick comparison of image noise at 3200 ISO. How does the maximum ISO setting of the full frame 1Ds mk3 compare with similar setting of the Canon 7D
- Preserving mountain art Guest post by Tony Riley discussing some of the digital options in preserving mountain art and handling the large archive that exists.
- Canon 7D Noise and ISO settings Do fractional stop increases in camera ISO settings give a smooth increase in visible noise in images, or should you stick to full stop settings
- Canon updates the 1DMk3 to the 1D Mk4 News item: Canon updates the EOS 1D Mk3 to the EOS 1D Mk4 - camera features: 16.1MP APS-H (1.3x) sensor, 100 to 102k max ISO
- DSLRRemotePro camera control software review Review of DSLRRemotePro from Breeze Systems. Software has been available for Windows PCs for some time, but has now been released to run on the Apple Mac.
- HP DesignJet Z3200 review Detailed review of the HP DesignJet Z3200. Testing the Z3200ps 24 inch large format printer with fine art and photo media, including profiling and colour management, for colour and black and white printing.
- Error codes and information for Epson 7800 and 9800 Collected information about the Epson Stylus Pro 7800 24 inch, and 9800 44 inch width large format printers, including error codes and service manual info
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 7600 and 9600 How to make cartridges always read full by deactivating the ink level counter on the SP7600 and SP9600 Epson large format printers. To be used with care, but useful if you wanted to re-fill your ink carts
- NE coast of England and Scotland – Sept 2009 A short travel photo blog of a trip up the NE side of the UK. September 2009. Heading Northeast from Leicester to the coast.
Enjoyed this article?
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks