All our articles and news items
Home page for the hundreds of articles and reviews on this site.
Specialist index pages
- Blog – news and articles
- Camera and printer rumours
- Digital Black and White
- Colour Management
- Printing and paper
- The business side of photography
- Tutorial and ‘How to’ articles
- Gallery of some of Keith’s prints
- Some of Keith’s travel blogs
- Some of Keith’s link choices
For even more detail, check the category listings and search box at the right of the page
Keith Cooper’s Articles and reviews – Photography, printing, colour management, tutorials
The full listing of all of the hundreds of articles that Keith has written.
- Error codes and information for Epson 7800 and 9800 Collected information about the Epson Stylus Pro 7800 24 inch, and 9800 44 inch width large format printers, including error codes and service manual info
- Deactivate the ink level counter on the Epson 7600 and 9600 How to make cartridges always read full by deactivating the ink level counter on the SP7600 and SP9600 Epson large format printers. To be used with care, but useful if you wanted to re-fill your ink carts
- NE coast of England and Scotland – Sept 2009 A short travel photo blog of a trip up the NE side of the UK. September 2009. Heading Northeast from Leicester to the coast.
- X-rite ColorChecker Passport card – Review X-rite ColorChecker Passport card - Review. A colour checker card and software for colour calibration, DNG profiling and adjusting photos.
- Epson Stylus Photo R2880 review Review of the Epson Stylus Pro 2880 printer. Desktop printer is 13 inch print width and takes A3+ sheets and roll, photo and fine art papers for colour and monochrome printing.
- Review Spyder 3 Express monitor calibrator Review of the datacolor Spyder 3 Express colorimeter for monitor calibration and profiling. Express is the entry level Spyder 3 calibrator
- Rumour post bingo for forums Forum rumour post bingo - your guide to how photography forums tend to react to rumour posts. top 20 list of comments.
- What tilt and shift lenses do Tilt and Shift lenses. The Canon TS-E 24mm lens review and discussion. What do tilt/shift lenses do? Why can the be so useful
- Spyder3Print SR (SpyderPrint) review Review of the Datacolor Spyder3Print printer profiling package. Looks at the latest spectrocolorimeter for strip reading patches and creating icc profiles
- Physical Limits in Digital Photography 2 Extended article: Photographer and physicist David B. Goldstein looks at how basic physics limits some aspects of where digital camera design and capabilities can progress.
- Apple offers Matte screens at last… When Apple offered Matte screens for laptops - time for a new MacBook Pro. Why do Apple insist that screens that double as a shaving mirror are best?
- Using 645 MF lenses as shift lenses Using Mamiya 645 medium format lenses with a shift adapter with Sekor 35/55/80/210mm lenses. MF lenses work well too with a simple adapter, but have enough image circle to be shifted on any smaller sensor camera full frame or crop. Tested on a Canon 1Ds3 full frame 35mm DSLR.
- Reading the fine print – SWPP loses court case The SWPP loses a UK court case where it tried to enforce a three month notice of cancellation requirement for membership. Why joining any 'professional' organisation for photographers should be a business led decision, and why it pays to enquire widely
- Eye One iO automated scanning table review Review of the i1 iO automated scanning table for the Eye One Pro spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth (X-Rite). Robot arm to measure profiling targets.
- Canon iPF6100 review Full review of the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6100 24 inch large format printer. Colour management and profiling for all printing on different media types. Colour and black and white printing.
- ColorMunki software updated to V1.1 The X-rite colormunki software has been updated to version 1.1. Additional features and bug fixes in this free software update
- New Canon stuff day… Keith's new TS-E24 f3.5L 24mm tilt shift lens and a Canon iPF6100 printer turns up for review. First looks at some new equipment.
- Physics and digital camera design limits Guest article info: Physics and digital camera design limits. Notes about corrections/refinements and updates
- PDV-3e desktop viewing stand review Review of the GTI PDV 3E print viewing stand. Desktop model with adjustable light intensity. Why a viewing stand helps with soft proofing and print quality
- July 4th, Liberty welcomes visitors The statue of Liberty in Leicester, on July 4th. A smaller version of the well known statue in the USA. Statue rescued from the top of an old building
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks